Getting into the garage on a hot summer day or in the dead of winter only to find that your A/C is not on is perhaps the most frustrating experience. Luckily, by using the best Wi-Fi thermostat for a garage heater, you can prevent these unpleasant experiences.
5 Best-Selling Wi-Fi Thermostats for Garage Heater
- 1. Honeywell Home Thermostat (RTH6580WF) Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable
- 2. Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat And Touchscreen
- 3. ecobee Smart Thermostat Voice Control
- 4. Honeywell Home WI-Fi Smart Color Thermostat RTH9585WF1004
- 5. Google Nest Learning Thermostat – Programmable Smart Thermostat for Home
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Once you program it, it can turn on and off throughout the day. You can also connect it to your smartphone and control it wherever you want. The best part is that it can help you reduce your cooling or heating costs by turning it off when you don’t anticipate being in the garage.
If you are looking for the best Wi-Fi thermostat for a garage heater, here are top picks
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Wi-Fi Thermostats for Garage Heater
If you don’t have a lot to spend a lot on a smart Wi-Fi thermostat, Honeywell Home Thermostat is the right one for you. Apart from connecting to your home’s wireless network, you can control it from your android phone.
Although it may have a few connectivity issues, you’ll find it functional, accurate, and reliable. Thanks to its features, you can adjust your home’s HVAC system to heat or cool the way you want.
To make it to account for the nights out, days spent away and time you are at work, it comes with settings for each day.
Its most important features include 7-day heating and cooling schedule, temperature readings, mobile alerts,
Since it’s one of the most affordable options, it’s worth the price.
- save about 23% on hvac energy*: by adjusting the temperature using flexible scheduling, remote access, and geofencing, sensi customers saved about 23% on hvac energy usage
- most install in 30 minutes or less**: use the built-in level, illuminated easy-click terminals and step-by-step app instructions for a quick installation. skip any extra work painting or patching the wall thanks to the standard thermostat size.
- smart home compatible: works with amazon alexa, google assistant, apple homekit, and samsung smartthings smart home platforms.
- usage reports: monitor current day and historical heating, cooling and fan runtimes right in the app.
- control from anywhere: remotely control your home comfort from your smartphone or tablet using the sensi mobile app for android and ios devices.
There is a reason why Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat has been touted as the best thermostat. Featuring a modern sleek design, it not only enhances your room but also has smart technology to control your AC wherever you are.
Whether you want to save energy or money, this is the right thermostat for you. With its remote control operations, geofencing, 7-day scheduling, and usage reports, you can control and keep track of the usage.
Its smart alerts will detect temperature changes and allow you to keep your garage warm or cold depending on what you need.
With its c-wire requirement, it will remain powered throughout the day. Overall, with this Wi-Fi, you’ll enjoy all the benefits that come with a Wi-Fi thermostat. Plus, its usage report will allow you to monitor your energy consumption, smart temperature alerts, and circulation.
- save up to 26% annually on heating and cooling costs (compared to a hold of 72°f)
- included smartsensor extends comfort to your most important rooms
- comes with alexa built-in for calls, music, and added control
- automatically pauses your hvac system anytime a door or window is left open (requires ecobee smartsensor for doors and windows and a haven subscription)
- named “best overall smart thermostat of 2021” by cnet in may 2021
Considered as one of the best Wi-Fi thermostats, ecobee Smart Thermostat features a vivid touch display, crisp glass finish, dual-band Wi-Fi, and far-field voice that you won’t find in other thermostats.
To keep your garage comfortable and adjust the temperature it has a smart sensor. To provide you with advanced comfort it has it comes with Alexa Built-in and a mobile app that you can use to control it.
Unlike other thermostats, you can control it using your phone, voice, tablet, apple watch, and computer. Simple and easy to install, you can install it within 45 minutes.
In addition, it has Alexa built-in features to provide you with music, help you know about the weather, and much more. Equipped with versatile features, you can comfortably use it with your smart home systems including Apple home kit, Google assistant, and Samsung Smartphone.
- comfort comes in your color. personalize your wi-fi smart color programmable thermostat to fit your décor.
- your schedule. your way. flexible programming options for your schedule or utility company’s peak rate pricing.
- easy operation and intuitive. bright, easy-to-read touchscreen makes for simple operation.
- weather screen features. view the daily forecast on the screen, and check indoor and outdoor humidity.
- easy-to-use-app. choose from the total connect comfort app or the honeywell home app to control your wifi thermostat anytime, anywhere.
Compatible with most Android and iOS devices, Honeywell Home Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is a fully programmable and customizable Wi-Fi thermostat. Reasonably priced and easy to install, this is one of the best devices out there.
If you are looking for an excellent device, this device has everything you need. Featuring a learning capability, it will ensure that your heating and cooling settings are accurate.
Since it adapts well to humidity and temperature, it will remain on until you reach the perfect temperature and turn it off to save energy.
Equipped with an LCD screen, it will allow you to access its menu where you can control all the elements you need to control. Even in a darkened room, its screen will remain bright. This enables you to see the readings regardless of the time.
As a high-performance thermostat, it will help you keep your garage cool/warm, as you want it.
- programmable smart thermostat that learns your schedule and the temperatures you like and programs itself to help you save energy and stay comfortable
- home/away assist automatically adjusts itself to an eco temperature after you leave, so you don’t heat or cool an empty home
- remote control lets family members change the temperature from anywhere on a phone, laptop, or tablet the nest leaf appears when you choose a temperature that saves energy
- with energy history, just check your phone to see how much energy you used and why, or use quick view on the thermostat’s display to reach energy history, settings, or your schedule
- smart thermostat with hvac monitoring, which looks out for your heating and cooling systems; sends an alert if something doesn’t seem right, along with helpful reminders to make maintenance easier
Coming with the most advanced learning algorithm in the market, multiple sensors, and reliable connections, Google Nest Learning Thermostat is the way to go. Whether you are looking for an advanced thermostat or an easy to instance device it has you covered.
As compared to the previous ones, it’s much more advanced. This means you get everything you need in a thermostat. Provided you have a home Wi-Fi, you can control it from your PC, laptop, tablet, and smartphone.
With its app free to download and easy to use, it has everything to make your life easy. As a smart thermostat, it will help you reduce your energy expenditure, check energy history, and even choose the right HVAC setting for your needs.
When it comes to installation, you don’t have to worry about anything. While the average install time is 30 minutes, if you are new to this you only need 1 day to figure out everything.
To ensure your home remains warm and cool the way you want, it will learn your schedule and adjust your HVAC system
1. Ease of Installation
The best Wi-Fi thermostat for garage should be simple and easy to install. The manufacturer should provide you with all the information that you need to install it. It should clearly show which wires to go where and have labels to help you attach the wires.
2. User Interface
Gone are the days when a thermostat had numbers to dial. The last thing you want is to stare at your thermostat without any knowledge of what to do. Having said that, choose one with an intuitive user interface.
Nowadays, most Wi-Fi thermostats are compatible with a range of HVAC systems. However, it’s still very important to look for one that can work with the A/C system you already have at home. The best way to check this is to refer to the manufactures’ website while looking for one.
4. Size of your Home
When looking for the best Wi-Fi thermostat for garage, the size of your home is a very important factor to consider. Apart from managing the climate of your garage, ensure it can support all the areas to be monitored.
5. Learning, Scheduling, and Automation Features
Since the work of the thermostat is to make your life easier ensure it has scheduling, learning, and automation features. This will allow you to schedule the temperature and make all adjustments you need to make.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have an attached garage the best place to mount it is on the common wall between your house and the garage. However, in a detached garage, you can mount it on the wall below the heater.
For your Wi-Fi thermostat to work well it needs a C-Wire. However, unlike the new models, most old models do not require this.
Yes, it is. By using a programmable thermostat, you can save up to $180 in energy bills every year. You’ll also enjoy working in a cool environment in your garage.
Heating your garage will help you maintain warmer temperatures and prevent cold temperatures from getting inside. So, you can maintain your desired temperature by heating your garage.
There you have- The best Wi-Fi thermostat for a garage. With vast numbers of options out there, choosing the right one can be tricky. Thankfully, if you know what you are looking for you’ll settle on one fast. If you have a big garage/home, shop for one that you can monitor and adjust using remote sensors.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021