Garages are known to get really hot and humid. This combination can be stifling at the very least. This is where the garage fan comes in to save the day. But here is the thing, a regular pedestal fan may not adequately cool down the garage to comfortable levels.
5 Best-Selling Wall Fan for Garage
- 1. Lasko High Velocity Floor Wall Fan
- 2. Hurricane 16” Oscillating Adjustable Wall Mount Fan
- 3. Windpro 18W High Velocity Industrial Wall Fan
- 4. Ipower 12-Inch 3-Speed Exhaust/Shutter Fan
- 5. OEM 24” Oscillating, High Velocity Wall Mount Fan
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Residential fans are designed to work in small areas. The garage, on the other hand, cannot be termed as small space and may need stronger fans to keep the space at optimal temperatures. Dedicated garage fans are high velocity with a ball bearing motor and strong metal blades. Here are some insights into the best wall fans for the garage.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Wall Fan for Garage
- 3 powerful speeds: makes this fan ideal for the garage, shop, attic, or anywhere else you need a high velocity fan. the powerful motor and metal fan blades provide a cooling breeze through, out the room.
- pivoting head to direct air flow & circulation: allows you to direct high velocity air up, down, or anywhere in between making this fan ideal for cooling or ventilation of an area.
- quickmount for easy conversion from floor to wall mount: simply mount the included bracket to the wall and easily convert your fan from a floor fan to a wall fan. the fan's stand, clips right into the mount and in seconds you have a wall mounted fan.
- built to last: with a metal fan cage and stand this fan is strong enough to last in workplace settings yet suitable for around the house thanks to built-in rubber pads on the fan stand.
- simple no tools assembly: means you'll have your fan assembled in no time. simply follow the included instructions to assemble the fan with the fan stand and you're done. the blue plug patented safety fuse technology
This 20-inch, 3-speed powerful garage fan features steel construction with outer rubber pads to keep the surfaces safe. It is easy to mount, and can be used both as a floor and wall mount. It is simple to set up, and you do not even need tools to assemble it.
The fan can be easily pivoted to focus the high velocity air movement to the required area. The black fan cages come with a built-in handle that makes it easy to carry the fan around.
The fan comes with front facing manual controls where you can adjust the speed. It also features a 6ft long grounded safety plug. The plug cuts off electric current should the fan malfunction.
- the 3-speed, hurricane classic 16 inch wall mount oscillating fan allows you to ventilate any space from above; offers side-to-side oscillation and lock-in-position modes; ideal for homes, greenhouses, garages, gyms, and workshops and more
- side-to-side oscillation: 90 degree oscillating wall mount makes it possible to easily change the fan’s position and direction, allowing you to customize air flow area and reach
- 3 speeds: the quiet, powerful motor allows you to adjust for ideal air flow and set fan speed; mount high, and control desired speed with the easy-to-reach pull cords
- durable construction: features a metal fan grill and strong steel neck support; mounting bracket and 5 ft 120 volt power cord included; measures 17.8 l x 13.0 w x 22.1 h inches
- etl certified: the etl listing is a mark of the industry’s safety and quality standards in north america
While it is a 90-degree oscillating wall mount fan, this Hurricane fan also comes in adjustable lock-in modes. It has 3 manually adjustable speeds. In order to get the desired oscillation and speed control, simply pull the cords accordingly.
The fan features a heavy-duty steel support and a metallic grill for durability. It comes with an ETL certificate which indicates that it is a safe and quality option for use. While it is powerful enough to be used as a garage fan, it does not have the distracting humming or buzzing sound that is common with some of the powerful fans.
- shop fan - this high power fan is perfect for the garage, shop, or any industrial space on hot days
- features - with powerful metal fan blades, 3 fan speeds, and an adjustable tilt, this fan has it all
- efficient - this robust dual ball bearing motor is energy-efficient and promises years of hard work
- quality - this high-velocity fan is made with quality materials, to keep you comfy and cool all day
- newair - with good quality products and excellent customer service, newair is a name you can trust
This 18-inch NewAir wall mounted fan comes with an adjustable tilt and easily set 3 fan speeds. It is designed for energy efficiency as it comes with a dual ball bearing motor, which reduces friction as the blades move to increase airflow.
This industrial strength wall fan features sturdy metallic construction with metal blades. The metal blades are covered with rubber to prevent accidents. It also comes with rear end controls which allows you to set your preferences without wrestling with a blast of air to your face.
- applications this 12 inch shutter/exhaust fan with automatic shutters can help replace your ac unit by cooling your garage attic greenhouse shop or chicken coop can easily be added to a window opening or opening in the wall along with a speed controller to optimize cooling
- shutter exhaust fan 120 volts 63w 0. 52a 1620rpm 940cfm
- fan speed controller ipower fan speed controller will correctly and precisely adjust the speed of your shutter exhaust fan durable 3-pole grounded plug construction no extra wires to deal with
- multiple speed one control switch for 3 variable speed settings off high med low
- power cord kit this power cord kit is easy to install & includes a 3-foot strain relief clamp wire connectors & installation instructions simplify installation of your ventilation fan with this easy to use power cord kit universal extension cord power kit works.
iPower wall fan comes with automatic shutters for the ultimate cooling effect in a hot garage. It’s single control switch allows you to set the speeds at low, medium or high depending on your preferences. The same switch is used to shut the fan off when not in use.
The installation process is quick and easy, adequately aided by simplified guide and an installation and power cord kit with the required wire connectors. The fan’s shutters automatically close or open in response to the fan’s activities. The motor is always lubricated and thermally protected for optimal functionality
- beat the heat: this 24 inch commercial wall mount fan raises the bar for cooling power; blow away other wall mount oscillating fans with its 6500 cubic feet of airflow per minute
- fans held high: mount your 24 inch fan anywhere that can support the included mounting brackets; great for garages, job sites, greenhouses, gyms, and more
- spread the love: cool the whole room as the hanging oscillating fan distributes its airflow back and forth; keep everyone refreshed for the long haul with 90 degree oscillation
- keep your cool: the 3 speed (2.0 a) motor of the wall fan lets you choose what works for you; with a max. 74 db sound rating, this wall-mount fan is great for larger spaces
- join the fan club: the precision-balanced aluminum fan blades make this heavy duty oscillating fan energy efficient; keep temperatures and utility costs down all summer
As a 24-inch oscillating fan, this is one of the powerful wall mounted fans that keeps the garage air fresh and cool. The fan oscillates at 90 degrees and features a 3-speed motor. Its steel frame and aluminum blades assure you of durability even in commercial settings.
The 24 inches OEM, despite the size, is pretty easy to assemble and mount on the wall. The product package comes with a brief but comprehensive, easy-to-follow guide on how to get the best out of this high velocity fan.
Airflow refers to the ability of the blades to circulate, or the power of the fan. This ability is measured by CFM; the higher the CFM, the better the fan when it comes to cooling a large area. Manufacturers will always indicate the fan’s CFM on the product description, look out for it.
Without the motor, there is no fan. Therefore, when looking for a durable fan, consider the fan’s lubricating and cooling mechanisms. This is because if the motor isn’t adequately lubricated, or it overheats, it is bound to malfunction. Dual ball bearing motor systems are evenly lubricated while sleeve bearing motor systems may have challenges staying well lubricated at high speeds.
3. The Size
The size of the fan you choose will depend on the size of the garage. If you have a large garage, you need to consider the bigger, powerful commercial-glade fans to achieve what you want. If you have a small garage, a small or medium oscillating fan will be adequate.
4. Speed Settings, Oscillation and Tilt
Most powerful fans come with adjustable speed settings as well as adjustable oscillation. There are some commercial-grade fans that allow you to tilt the fan. Less powerful fans come with only one speed option which may be inadequate as climates change. Choose a fan that gives you as much control as you may need when it comes to setting the temperature of your garage.
5. Sturdy Construction
Consider the frame and the blades. These two should be made of sturdy metallic material for durability. The metal should be treated to protect it against rust, especially since the garage is known to be quite humid. If you cannot get a rust-proofed fan, you can opt for one with plastic blades instead. High end fans have rubberized blades and stands or wall mount.
Frequently Asked Questions
Well, it’s always best to have a fan that you can use during the warmer days of the year to keep your garage cool and free of humid air. Avoid purchasing the fan in the summer as their prices will be high. Plan in advance and buy a suitable fan in fall.
It depends on the fan you choose. Some of them are barely audible while others are so distracting that you instantly notice it once you enter the garage. Most fans, however, have a soft whirring sound. Always confirm with the seller before purchase, especially if noisy fans won’t work for you.
This depends entirely on your needs. If you are not sure how to look for the preferred features in a fan, you can always talk to the sales agent to get some insights. Most sellers, especially on online platforms and marketplaces, are willing to give you the information that will help you make a good decision. Be sure to do your own research as well.
Each fan comes with the manufacturer’s instructions on how to install and maintain the fan. While some fans require professional assistance to mount, most are easy to fix and maintain.
Placing your fan near the door or the window is always advisable unless you need the fan elsewhere. The ideal placement, however, depends on your needs and how your garage is planned.
Always go for the most powerful fan with the longest lasting motor that your budget can allow. Additionally, look for fans with a variety of adjustable settings so as to achieve the level of airflow that you want. Look out for features such as energy efficiency and safety and go for fans that have these options.
- 5 Best Oil-Based Paints for Garage Floors: How to Choose a Protective yet Gorgeous Paint for Garage Floors - March 11, 2021
- 5 Best Oscillating Heater for Garage - March 10, 2021
- 5 Best MTB Racks for Garage: What to Look For in a Garage Bike Rack - February 26, 2021