When times are bad one appliance that can save you is a garage freezer. Whether you are staying at home or sheltering, food storage is very important.
5 Best-Selling Tall Freezer for Garage
- 1. Midea WHS-109FW1 Upright Freezer, 3.0 Cubic Feet, White
- 2. Whynter CUF-112SS Energy Star Upright Freezer
- 3. SPT UF-304SS Energy Star Upright Freezer, Stainless Steel
- 4. Koolatron KTUF88 Upright Freezer, White
- 5. Danby DUFM043A2WDD 4.3 Cu Ft Storage Upright Deep Freezer
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
These freezers usually come in handy when your main kitchen freezer is packed up and the temperature is blazing hot?
By helping you store your food even in the hottest temperature, you can rest assured there is something. With several options in the market, you need to choose the right one. Here are some of the best tall freezers for garage.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Tall Freezer for Garage
- includes separate freezer compartment for foods that need extra chilling | however cannot be used for storing frozen foods or making ice cubes
- product dimensions – 17.7” d x 18.6” w x 33.9” h | refrigerator capacity – 3.3 cubic. feet | weight – 39.5 lbs. | voltage – 120v | temperature range – 32ᵒ to 35.6ᵒ fahrenheit | noise rating – 42 db
- features adjustable legs and a reversible door that open from left or right
- large storage areas excellent at chilling beverages and healthy snacks | energy star rated
- the internal walls of the main compartment are slightly tapered toward the back | rated for indoor use only
Coming with a reversible door hinge, Midea WHS-109FW1 is a well-balanced freezer that will fit in the room of your house. Featuring a product dimension of 9.3” W x 21.37” D x 33.9” H and an internal capacity of 3.0 cu. Ft, it’s probably the best freezers for the garage.
Fitted with a removable wire shelf, you can comfortably fit larger and irregular items. It also has a pass energy star certified standards and runs quietly. With its low energy consumption, it’s quite efficient.
It also has a mechanical adjustable thermostat to allow you to keep all your food items at an optimum temperature. To ensure that it’s leveled and balanced at different heights, it has adjustable legs.
Overall, this is a great freezer that runs quietly well. As an amazing freezer, it will help you hold tremendous amounts of food.
- energy star rated (uses less power than a light blub); low noise level. perfect for storing breast milk, ice cream and frozen food.
- freestanding setup (clearance around the unit is needed); 2.1 cu. ft. total storage volume; product external dimensions: 17.5″w x 20″ d x 27.5″ h; product internal dimensions: 12" w x 21 3/8" h x 14 7/8" d (compressor step: 11 5/8" w x 7 5/8" h x 5 3/4" d)
- sleek stainless steel reversible swing door; recessed handle provides a flush finish with the door
- cylinder lock and two keys for added security; mechanical temperature control -10° – 2°f
- powerful r600a compressor cooling. two removable flat slide out wire shelves
Featuring stainless steel construction, Whynter CUF-112SS is one of the best tall freezers for the garage. Compact in size, it was designed to be a freestanding freezer.
According to customers, it’s a great freezer that serves its purpose quite well. For easy temperature setting, it has mechanical temperature control.
Plus, for added storage and for creating more open space it has a removable shelf. If you have excess food that you cannot fit in your main kitchen freezer it’s the right freezer to use. Its compact size is suitable for maintenance and handling.
- 3.0 cu.ft. net capacity; ul approved; energy star
- reversible door; recessed handle
- manual defrost; mechanical adjustable thermostat
- flush back design for space saving; front leveling legs
- freestanding application
If you have a small space where cold storage is needed, the SPT UF-304SS: 3.0 cu. ft. Upright Freezer is the right freezer for you. Just like other garage freezers, it’s an energy star rated freezer.
Constructed with steel and fitted with a reversible swing style door, you can place it practically anywhere. With its stainless steel front, it employs a modern aesthetic.
As a highly effective freezer, it will provide you with the extra storage you need. It’s also strong and durable hence will serve you for years.
If you intend to store separate contents it has three interior pullout baskets. It will, therefore, make your life easier by freeing your space and keeping all your meal organized.
If you purchase it you can rest assured it won’t disappoint you. You’ll definitely love it!
- compact and convenient space-saving upright freezer with fixed wire shelving and a pull-out basket makes it easy to organize meat, leftovers, frozen meals, and more
- perfect fit with a recessed handle, smooth back design, and reversible door, this compact freezer is ideal for small kitchen spaces
- energy-efficient cooling uses reliable and efficient compressor technology with cfc-free coolant to keep contents between 0°c and -24°c (32°f and -11.2°f)
- customizable temperature external thermostat lets you easily adjust your freezer temperature without opening the door
- low frost freezer greatly reduced frost build-up and 3 pull-out wire baskets make defrosting your freezer a snap
When shopping for the right tall garage freezer, Koolatron KTUF88 Upright Freezer is another option to consider. To provide you with freezer storage, it has solid 3 and 1 tenth cubic meters.
Alongside its level 1 and level 2 shelves, it has a slide-out basket to ensure you have enough storage space. Unlike other freezers, it’s larger than expected. This means you can simultaneously hold several products.
While its temperature control is at the back, you’ll still find it quite convenient. Having a free-standing design, you can move it and put it in almost any space.
Simply put, it’s a nice compact garage freezer that you can put anywhere.
- 4.4 cu. ft. (124 l) capacity compact all fridge
- energy star compliant. environmentally friendly r600a refrigerant. automatic defrost.
- 2 full width and 1 - 1/2 width adjustable wire shelves. integrated door shelving with tall bottle storage. canstor beverage dispensing system.
- mechanical thermostat. interior light.
- integrated door handle. reversible door hinge.
As an energy star compliant freezer, Danby DUFM043A2WDD will help you store all your food items if your kitchen freezer is packed. This will save you quite an amount of money.
Coming with a height of 36.600, width of 23.900, depth of 24.900, and weight of 90.00, this is the right freezer for you.
Simple and easy to use, it has a mechanical thermostat to help you maintain optimum freezing temperature. To give you ample storage space it has quick freeze shelves and 3 door bins.
Unlike other freezers, you don’t need any batteries for it to work. For flush fit against walls, it features a smooth back design. If you are having a small space, its size is quite perfect.
Just like regular freezers, it does a very good job of keeping your things frozen.
1. Consider the Space
When looking for the best tall freezer for garage, you need to consider the space. Ideally, for larger freezers, you need to have a five by five square foot area. But for smaller areas, consider getting a small or medium-sized freezer. To make a decision, consider the size of your garage.
2. Energy Efficiency
The next factor to consider while looking for a freezer is energy efficiency. If the models you are considering are not energy efficient make sure you know the power requirement and ensure it’s something you can take. To save on energy further, make your garage cooler.
3. The Style
While this is a matter of preference, many of the smaller models have swing style doors which is just how they operate. The good thing about them is that they have a reversible door. On the other hand, the hinge models are meant to hold large products.
4. The capacity of the Freezer
If you always buy in bulk, look for a freezer with a large capacity. It’s also important to confirm whether it will fit through your garage door.
5. Number of Shelves
The number one reason people are buying tall freezers is because of the shelves. With that in mind, choose one with the most shelves and ensure that they are adjustable. More shelves will provide different storage configurations. The shelves should also be removable to give you enough room for large items.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, they are definitely worth it. However, it also depends on why you are buying the freezer in the first place. If you plan to use your freezer in the garage then they are worth it. With their compact size and additional compartments, you’ll comfortably store a number of things without any issue.
Well, this depends on what you intend to keep in the freezer. In most instances, the hinge style is much easier to use when you have large products to store. In fact, most swing style freezers will not fit a number of items.
Yes just like other products, there are brands that are much better. Since every brand comes with unique features you should understand what you are looking for before settling on any one brand.
The sound that you hear may be the fan that blows inside the freezer. As its parts begin to wear, an older fan tends to make a lot of noise.
With plenty of tall freezer models reviewed above, you should not have any difficulty choosing the right one. Since choosing the best can be overwhelming, you can use our review as the starting point.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021