One of the best crime deterrents is light. Burglars and other criminals are less likely to attack in well-lit areas.
If you usually go to work and/or get home after dark, it could be costly to leave the lights on till you make it home. This is where the motion sensor garage lights come in handy.
5 Best-Selling Motion Sensor Light for Garage
- 1. LEPOWER 3 Head 35W LED Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights
- 2. Baxia 4 Pack LED Solar Lights with Motion Detection
- 3. 3 Bulb LED Motion Detector Garage Lights with Remote Control
- 4. HMCITY Solar Powered, Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights
- 5. DINGLIGHTING 10W LED Motion Sensor Outdoor Flood Light
- What to Look for in Motion Sensor Lights
- Frequently Asked Questions
The best thing about motion sensor lights is that they only light up only when needed. You do not need to fumble around in a dark garage anymore. Good outdoor garage lights are floodlights, which tend to be bright and illuminates a large area. Here are 5 best motion sensor lights for a garage.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Motion Sensor Light for Garage
- 35w brightness and energy saving: the motion sensor outdoor light with output 35w, 3500 lumens, 5500k brightness; with optical designed filter lens, it provides better illumination; save more than 80% electricity bill compared with equivalent traditional halogen bulbs 175w.
- motion sensor lights: motion security light can be triggered by the moving human, cars or animals up to 72feet sensing range at 180° detection angle; longer lighting time: 10s to 10mins; brings extra safety to your home.
- adjustable design: you can adjust the 3 security light heads and motion sensor head to a different angle as your requirement. this outdoor motion security light can be installed for wall mounting by following a few wiring steps. when the security light is triggered, the lighting time is 10s to 10mins (max).
- metal design: the outdoor security lights motion is made of aluminum, have good heat dissipation, which is more durable; the lifespan of light will be up to 50,000hrs.
- ip65 waterproof: the ip65 weatherproof design ensures safety for outdoor use protecting lamp from rain. good lighting solution for the porch, back yard, front door, garage, driveway, walkway, step, etc.
LEPOWER 35W Samsung LED bulbs saves you up to 80% of your power bill and gives off soft, antiglare light. It is highly sensitive and is triggered by animals, people or cars. Its 180-degree detection angle senses up to 72 ft. The lighting time can last between 10 seconds and 10 minutes.
The lighting features a waterproof full metal (aluminum) design that is easy to install and flexible. It comes with 3 bulbs and has a lifespan of 50,000 hours. It does well even in extreme weather conditions such as snow and rainstorms. The lights are non-solar, and require an operating voltage of 120V and 3500LM luminous flux.
- 【outdoor motion sensor light】 at night/darkness, when motion detected in range of 125°and distance of 10-16ft,the motion light will light up automatically, and last for about 30s.【no dim mode】
- 【2000 lumens bright solar light】 brighter 100 led lights equipped, the solar light for outdoor is much brighter and perfectly meets both your security and lighting requirements.
- 【wireless solar motion sensor light】 exposure to sunlight and charged at daytime for 6-8 hours, the sensor light can work for 8-12 hours. wireless and easy to be installed.
- 【waterproof durable outdoor light】 made of high-stregth abs, the baxia solar light is waterproof, dustproof, heatproof and frostproof, durable enough for outdoor wall, front door, backyard, garden fence, stairs, pathway, etc.
- 【warranty policy】 baxia technology security solar light outdoor (4 pack) promise a 30-day money back guarantee and 90-day limited product warranty.
These 2000ML 4-pack lights up immediately it detects motion from 10 to 16 ft at 125 degrees. The 100 LED solar powered bulbs are bright enough for lighting and security and do not come with a dim mode. The lights can work for up to 12 hours with 6 to 8 hours of exposure to sunlight. The motion sensor works when its dark and they stay on for only 30 seconds.
These Baxia lights are weatherproof, dustproof and heatproof; they are specifically designed for outdoor use. The 4-lights pack is easy to install and maintain.
- 【super bright & 85% energy saving 】 high-brightness, saves energy and reduces electricity costs. this 60 watts led garage light bulb is equivalent to a 300 watts incandescent bulb. it can reach 1.5 times the brightness of other garage lights under the same wattage condition.
- 【upgrade motion activated function】the light is equipped with a microwave motion sensor that quickly responds to movement from people, cars, garage doors etc. we have upgraded the motion sensor module and added a remote control to adjust the sensitivity and hold time ( mix 5 seconds and max 10 min ) to meet your needs in different situations.
- 【deformable designed lamp】 the 3 aluminum led panel heads can be deformable. they can be folded up to 90 degree, the widely 360 degree illuminate area will meet your needs.
- 【easy to install & very durable】 installation is as easy as screwing in a light bulb. however, it is brighter than a light bulb. premium aluminum alloy heat dissipated, high-temperature resistant, ensure the lifespan is up to 50,000 hours.
- 【2-year guarantee】 2-year replacement warranty &30 days return for free, you can shop without worry! you will spend less time, energy and money on purchasing, stocking, and changing your lights. join us in saving our planet.
This adjustable 60W 3-leaf lighting packs 6000LM. It can be easily installed on the garage ceiling. It is perfect for lighting up large areas. Its motion sensor is triggered by garage door, cars and humans. It comes with a remote control that allows you to adjust features such as sensitivity and lighting time (which is between 10 seconds and 10 minutes).
The lighting fixture is made of heat resistant premium aluminum alloy. The bulbs are energy efficient, saving up to 85% compared to regular bulbs although they are bright. They can last up to 50,000 hours.
- 1.enhanced pir motion inductor：hmcity solar lights outdoor bring 3 lighting modes 1.security mode(motion sensor turns the light on when people comes) 2.permanent on all night(it turns on at night and stay all night.)3.smart brightness control(the light stays all night and turns brighter when it detects motion)
- 2.high efficient solar panel:adopted monocrystalline silicon solar cells, the conversion rate reaches up to 20.5%. it has 15% electricity more than other products in the same solar light time, made with high impact abs lamp body that has high-temperature resistance, anti-corrosion and waterproof too,which ensures longer usage time.
- 3.wider lighting angle & larger coverage: equipped with 120 led upgraded high power leds & 270° wide lighting angle, solar lights can provide excellent brightness and larger illumination coverage to light up a yard of 30㎡ pendant lights.
- 4.durable ip65 waterproof – the hmcity pendant lights is made of the ip65 technology that makes it waterproof. durable, weather-resistant & heatproof plastic construction.
- 5.wireless and easy to setup：no concern to worry about the hassle of electric wire. hmcity wireless solar securityl lights can be fixed easily by expansion pillar-hinges and screws that came with, mounting tape, thin wire or other creative ideas you can pop up.
Unlike a lot of outdoor lights that are off and only go on when motion is detected, these lights come with 3 modes. You can set the lights to security mode which allows it to light only when motion is detected. The permanently-on mode keeps the lights on until manually switched off. The smart brightness mode keeps the lights on all night, though dim, and only light up when motion is detected.
The 120 LED lights give bright light, with 270-degree lighting angle and can light up an area that is up to 30 m2. This 4-pack weather proof and heatproof lighting features plastic construction. It is wireless and easy to mount on the wall.
- 🌟【smart automatic】: super bright motion sensor light outdoor, turn on the light automatically when sensing any motion within 12m/40 feet, after lighting around 30 seconds, it turns off automatically. no dimmer mode.（the lighting time can be made by yourself). motion detectors of motion-detecting outdoor lights are used to sense the motion of people, animals, or other objects. they can be used in automatically-activated lighting systems.
- 🌟【customized settings & eco-friendly】: there are three buttons that allow you set (sens: detection distance, time: duration time, lux: work 24 hours or just night time); no ir and uv radiation, no mercury and hazardous substance contained in our sensor night lights, making them perfectly ecological.
- 🌟【waterproof】: ip65 rating, this outside security light can be mounted outdoor; the motion sensor is ip44. widely used for garden yard garage corridor driveway hallway patio stairs lighting.
- 💖【after-sales service】: factory sales, the assurance of quality, economic and affordable, friendly customer service, we provide a 90-day money-back and 12 months limited product service.
While it doesn’t have a dim mode, this lighting automatically floods a space when it detects motion within 40 feet. The lights stay on for about 30 seconds. You can set the detection distance, the duration that the lights stay on as well as whether they work only at night or round the clock.
This bright LED light comes with an eye-protection feature to simulate the softness of daylight. It also comes with a 120 light angle reflective film. The fixture is made of weatherproof aluminum and glass and can be twisted to get the preferred lighting angle.
What to Look for in Motion Sensor Lights
1. The Source of Power
Garage lights can be powered by solar, rechargeable batteries, or direct connection to electricity. Battery-powered lights are not always the easiest to install or maintain. Solar-powered lights may not be ideal for areas that do not have adequate exposure to sunlight. While hard-wired lights may not be the easiest to install, you will not have to think about sun days or recharging batteries.
2. The Range
This refers to the sensing and lighting range. The lighting range will depend on where you want to use it. While you do not want to have the lights triggered by people on the sidewalk, you need a light with adequate range to discourage burglary and illuminate the space well when needed. You can go for a flexible fixture where you can adjust the light to suit the range of the area.
3. The Lighting Time
Most motion sensor garage lights allow you to set the lighting time between 10 seconds and 10 minutes. Other lighting types allow a fixed amount of lighting time, mostly 30 seconds.
4. The Light Type
LED lights are bright but energy efficient. Incandescent lights are also used, but they tend to overheat with continuous use. If you are looking for heatproof, long term outdoor lighting, you may consider LED.
5. The Brightness
If you need to luminate a large area, you may want to go for a brighter bulb. When a bulb has more lumens, it means that it will be brighter. If you intend to use the lights inside a smaller garage, you can go for lower lumen bulb. If you want to light up the entire outdoor garage area, you need a higher lumen bulb.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I install the motion-sensitive garage lights?
The appropriate height and location of installation will depend on the sensitivity and lighting range of the garage lights. High range lights will allow you to raise the lights higher. With low range lights, you may need to install them lower so that they can detect motion adequately. The best range is between 6 and 10 feet. However, it is always best to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Yes, its important to occasionally clean up the motion sensor to keep it at optimal functionality.
This depends on the lights. Most lights, however, allow a lighting time of between 10 seconds and 10 minutes.
Sensitive motion sensors can be set off by plants and décor pieces in case of strong winds. However, most lights allow you to adjust the sensitivity so that it is only set off by people, animals or cars.
This will depend on how the lights are made. There are lights that allow you to set them such that they only light up at night. Other lights allow you to keep the light on throughout or set to motion sensor mode. Lights connected to a switch in the house can also be turned off for a while. Check the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 5 Best Oil-Based Paints for Garage Floors: How to Choose a Protective yet Gorgeous Paint for Garage Floors - March 11, 2021
- 5 Best Oscillating Heater for Garage - March 10, 2021
- 5 Best MTB Racks for Garage: What to Look For in a Garage Bike Rack - February 26, 2021