An in-home gym or workout studio is no longer a preserve for the few. In this day and age of health awareness, most homeowners have set aside some working area.
5 Best-Selling Flooring for CrossFit Garage Gym
- 1. ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise Mat Protective Flooring for Gym Equipment
- 2. Innhom Gym Mats Exercise Flooring Mat Interlocking Foam Mats
- 3. Square36 Extra Large Exercise Mat Heavy Duty Gym Mats for Home Gym
- 4. BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat Home Gym Protective Flooring
- 5. SuperMats High-Density Commercial Grade Solid Equipment Mat
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
For those who don’t have enough space, setting aside a portion of the garage is the right decision. If this is something you have in the mind, you may be wondering about the best flooring to put.
For CrossFit, you have to build your floor in such a way that it can handle everything. The right flooring for Crossfit garage gym should reduce body impact, increase stability, and enhance plyometric power.
From rubber to cork to turf, there are several flooring materials to choose from. Continue reading to discover what options you have and how to choose the right one.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Flooring for CrossFit Garage Gym
- protective workout flooring - durable, non-skid textured tiles protect floors while creating a comfortable workout space
- easy assembly – lightweight puzzle pieces connect quickly and easily, and can be disassembled just as simply for quick storage
- versatile – the water-resistant and noise-reducing design is easy-to-clean, great for use in garages, gyms, home fitness rooms, or even children’s play areas
- covers 24 sq. ft. - each tile measures 24” x 24” x ½”- thick from the highest point of the texture; includes 6 tiles and 12 end borders for a polished look
- high quality foam - high-density eva foam provides excellent support and cushion; contains no toxic phthalates
Ideal for garage and home gyms, ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise Mat is a high-quality flooring that you can use in your garage. Once you pop and interlock them together, you are good to go.
If you want to save money, you can even buy a few for each machine and place them beneath the corners. However, if you don’t want them to slide, buy a complete set.
Easy assembly and lightweight, you can easily disassemble and store them. Featuring a moisture-resistant and noise-reducing design this flooring is great for use in the garage, home gyms, or even children’s play areas.
The fact that it’s made of high-quality EVA foam means it’s safe and comfortable. It will, therefore, provide the perfect base for kettlebells, dumbbells, and other workout equipment.
- safe and premium quality gym mat: made of high-density eva foam for long-lasting and reliable performance. exercise mats conform to the safety requirements of us cpsia, astm and eu en71-1-2-3. innhom eva floor mats are durable, long lasting and support you a better cushion while protecting floors.
- workout mat covers 46 sq. ft: each foam floor tile measures 23.6 inches x 23.6 inches x 0.4 inch (600mm x 600mm x 10mm). package includes 6 black and 6 gray interlocking foam tiles and 24 end borders for a seamless look. puzzle mats cover up to 46 sq.ft (approx 4.3 sq.m) of floor space, making it a perfect workout and training accessory.
- waterproof and easy to clean: waterproof make interlocking foam mats easy to clean with damp cloth or mild soap. the foam floor tiles offer adjustable coverage—use less for smaller areas, or purchase more to expand your workout space. the puzzle piece mat can be cut to fit for custom size. lay single piece or multiple pieces and it will fit almost anywhere.
- easy to assemble: lightweight interlocking puzzle pieces with stitching design connect quickly and easily, and come apart just as simply for transporting or compact storage. it is easy to assemble and the puzzle exercise mats lock together tightly so they won’t break apart when being used.
- durable cushion and multiple uses: each 0.4 inch thick foam floor mats are sturdy enough while providing a cushioned space. each gym flooring mat is specially manufactured to make sure protection from rough and hard surfaces. works great under heavy exercise machines to dampen vibration, reduce equipment noise, and protect your floor. perfect exercise mats for home, gyms, workshops, garages, basement, fitness room or even children’s play areas.
Made of safe and premium quality materials, these are high density, long-lasting and reliable flooring.
Conforming to the safety requirements of the USA, these mats will support you well while working out.
The package includes 6 GRAY and 6 BLACK interlocking mats. This makes them perfect for training and workout.
Waterproof and easy to clean, you just need a damp cloth and lid soap to clean them. Fitted with adjustable coverage, you can buy more for your work areas or useless for smaller areas.
Lightweight and easy to assemble, they are meant to provide you with protection from hard and rough surfaces. This makes them perfect for garages, home gyms, workshops, basements, and children’s play areas.
- the game changer: s/36 exercise mats are intended for home-based cardio and fitness workouts with or without shoes, such as: cardio, plyometrics, cardio kickboxing, conditioning, aerobics, strength training, and muscular structure. perfect for living room workouts, home gyms, or garage gyms.
- featured on the top fitness programs in the world : the best mats on the market. s/36 exercise mats are manufactured to the highest standards in the world in a brand new state-of-the-art factory. our mats are free from bpa, phthalates, formaldehyde and harmful colorants.
- s/36 exercise mats: 7mm thick, ultra dense, made with natural rubber and polymer environmental resin. we are obsessed with the quality of our mats and guarantee that they are the best quality exercise mat on the market. to clean your s/36 exercise mats, use a soft cloth and water mixed with a couple of drops of mild dish soap (without bleach). rinse with clear water and wipe dry with a towel.
- specs: 8ft x 6ft & 7mm thick (96" x 72" x 1/4”) 33 lbs - 48 square feet of workout space. includes storage bag & storage straps. s/36 exercise mats can be used on hardwood, laminate, cement, tile or carpet. perfect for a home gym or garage gym. roll out and roll up to store.
- sizes: the 6'x4' and 6'x6' sizes are great for living room workouts (more portable). our larger sizes 8'x6', 10'x6' & 12'x6' are amazing for home gyms and garage gyms (more permanent, as these sizes are a bit heavy to move around).
If your workout machine has several attachments, this is the right workout flooring for you. Even if you are looking for a mat that will cope with high density and bodyweight exercises, it will serve you just well.
Well designed and black in color, it comes with storage straps and bags to make work easy for you. Made of 100% polyester and having a vinyl coating, it’s easy to install or fit in your garage space.
Since it comes in different sizes, you can choose the right one for your needs. If you want one for your workout or home gyms choose larger sizes.
The best part is that you can use it anywhere. From cement to tile, vinyl to hardwood this mat will serve you just well.
- with double-sided high density eva foam non-slip surfaces, the 3/4'' thick premium mat comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees and elbows on hard floors
- each tile dimension: 24” w x 24” l, thickness – ¾”, tiles quantity – 24, end borders quantity – 48, & coverage area – 96 square feet
- exceptional resilience allow you to keep your balance during any exercise style. moisture resistant technology makes the mat to be easily washed with soap and water
Featuring a double-sided high-density EVA foam, this flooring for Crossfit garage gym will comfortably cushion your spine, knees, hips, and elbows from the hard floor.
With each tile measuring 24” W x 24” L, you can use it to cover up to 96 square feet. Lightweight and having an interlocking design, it’s very simple and easy to assemble.
By providing exceptional resilience it will allow you to maintain your balance during your workout. Plus, its moisture resistance technology makes it easy to wash and maintain.
Coming in blue, black, and gray, you can have a variety to choose from. Unlike other products, it comes with a 100% balance satisfaction guarantee and a 2-year warranty.
In case of anything, you can get in touch with the company. Overall, it can be described as great looking and highly functional mat.
SuperMats High Density Commercial ( Equipment (3-Feet X 8.5-Feet) (36" X 102") (91.4 Cm X 259.1 Cm),Black)
- protective floor mat: super-tough, durable mat helps protect your floors and carpets from the damaging effects of heavy exercise equipment and debris from mechanical parts
- commercial grade solid construction - mat is solid vinyl composite material, features extremely heavy duty durable construction - mat weighs 25 lbs.
- cushions exercise equipment from excessive wear: prolongs the life of your equipment by helping prevent floor and carpet dust from entering belts and mechanical parts, and dampens vibration
- fits multiple exercise units: the supermats treadmat is perfect for larger treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, and cross-country trainers - mat measures 36" x 102"
- made in u.s.a.: made in u.s.a. using u.s.a. sourced raw materials. no harmful chemicals or heavy metals. safe for children and pets
As a protective floor mat, SuperMats High-Density mat is a durable and super tough mat that helps protect the carpets and floors from the damaging effects of heavy exercise and debris from mechanical parts.
Equipped with commercial-grade construction, it’s made of solid vinyl material and weighs 25 lbs. Meant for multiple exercise units, it’s the perfect mat for recumbent bikes, elliptical, larger treadmills, and cross country trainers.
Made in the USA, it doesn’t have any harmful materials of metal. As a high-quality material, it’s safe for children and pets.
If you want to protect your floor and carpets from the damaging effects of exercise, this is the right flooring for you. Since it cleans easily you don’t have to worry about maintenance.
1. Know Your Needs
When setting up a garage gym, planning plays a very important role. Come up with a list of your flooring needs. You should also think about the type of movements or exercises that you’ll do on the flooring.
2. Know Your Equipment
The right flooring should protect your gym equipment and make them last longer. It should also protect the floor below and reduce noise and vibration.
3. It should Be Easy to Clean
Thinking about cleaning and maintenance is also very important when looking for the right flooring material. It should be resistant to damage, easy to clean, and easy to install and uninstall.
Since you’ll be working out on the flooring, it should be comfortable enough for your exercise needs. A good flooring material should protect your spine, knees, back, and other parts of the body.
Just like other products, thinking about your budget is very important. Make sure you choose a unit that you can afford. With several options in the market, you’ll get good quality material at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rubber floortiles are probably the best flooring for the garage gym. Given that they interlock well, you can use them to cover specific areas without covering the whole floor. For instance, you can comfortably install them under the squat rack.
The most common flooring for an exercise room is foam, rubber, vinyl, and turf.
You can secure the flooring using a thin double-sided tape. Once you place it between the floor and the mat it will be easier to remove. This does not mean it won’t provide a grip.
Yes. The lack of impact shock absorption and traction can lead to slips, falls, and other serious injuries. In addition, if your training equipment falls on concrete it might be damaged completely.
To install your flooring, add gorilla tape to the corners and other spots where they connect to the wall.
By committing to this little investment you’ll make your workout experience safe and your floor more comfortable for you and your equipment. You can start with our list if you are looking for the best.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021