Whether you hate having all your bulky drinks sitting on the pantry or your kitchen fridge has run out of space, the best cheap energy-efficient fridge for the garage is the way to go.
5 Best-Selling Cheap Energy Efficient Fridge for Garage
- 1. Summit Appliance FF1511SS ENERGY STAR Certified Mount Refrigerator
- 2. GE GTS22KGNRWW 33 Inch Top Freezer Refrigerator
- 3. Frigidaire FFTR1821TS 18 Cubic Foot Refrigerator
- 4. Danby Compact Refrigerator DAR044A5BSLDD
- 5. Igloo Garage Fridge Tool Box
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
As compared to kitchen fridges, the garage fridge is not only close but also capable of storing many rinks.
If you are looking for more food and drink storage, getting a good fridge is a wise decision. But with a lot of them in the market settling on one can be tricky.
Thankfully, we’ve reviewed some of the best to help you out. You’ll also find a buying guide with the main factors to consider when looking for one.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Cheap Energy Efficient Fridge for Garage
- type: freestanding
- hinge side: right
- energy star: yes
Originally meant for small apartments, The Summit FF1511SS boasts a compact and roomy design. Its design and ability to handle colder environments makes it one of the best refrigerators for crowded garage.
Unlike other fridges, you can install it in temperatures as low as 23 degrees. As one of the most energy-efficient fridges, it has a separate freezer and refrigerator compartments.
If you are using it for the first time, you’ll find it quite spacious. It’s also fitted with adjustable shelves, standard home vegetable drawer, and enough space to accommodate tall bottles.
Equipped with a reversible door, you can easily fit it in the preferred corner of your garage without awkwardly opening on the wrong side.
Its additional features include LED lighting, easier cleaning, and an open door alarm. It also has vacation setting that will turn off certain features if you are not at home.
- premium inner door
- edge-to-edge glass shelves
- adjustable glass freezer shelf
As a garage ready freezer, GE GTS22KGNRWW refrigerator has everything you need in a cheap and efficient fridge. Even if you have a family of five, it has enough space to serve you all.
Its most amazing features include adjustable door fridge, spill-proof freezer floor, sliding drawer, and easy to use temperature control. With this refrigerator, you have enough color selection.
Capable of operating from 38°F to 110°F, this fridge can handle all the ambient temperatures. This is quite great for your garage. To help you hold cans and bottles it has organized modular bins.
It also features a high gloss stainless steel finish to give your garage a sleek look and feel.
- total (cu. ft.): 18 / fridge: 14.1 / freezer: 3.9
- 2 full-width sliding glass shelves
- 2 humidity controlled crisper drawers
- dimensions (whd): 30 x 66.1 x 29.9 in.
Frigidaire FFTR1821TS is an affordable freestanding refrigerator that you can use for your garage. Featuring above average capacity, it’s simple and easy to install right from the box.
Given that it can fit in snug spaces, it’s ideal for garages. Measuring 30 W x 32 inches D and weighing 205 pounds, it will comfortably fit any space.
Coming with no ice maker or side doors, once you buy it you’ll get a straightforward service. It will save you a lot once you install it in your garage.
Fitted with back wheels, you can move it from one place to another and sit it where you want. Plus, it has LED lights, four adjustable pullout shelves, to accommodate varying containers of rinks and foods.
To help you keep meat, fish, and cold sandwich it comes with clear crisper bins. While it’s not Energy Star certified, it’s energy-efficient. Apart from its user manual, it has a limited warranty for one year.
- 4.4 cu. ft. (126 l) capacity compact all fridge.
- energy star compliant. environmentally friendly r600a refrigerant. automatic defrost.
- 2 full width and 1 - 1/2 width adjustable glass shelves. integrated door shelving with tall bottle storage. canstor beverage dispensing system. vegetable crisper and cover.
- mechanical thermostat. interior light.
- integrated door handle. reversible door hinge.
If you are looking for the best cheap fridge for garages, Danby DAR044A5BSLDD is the right choice. Although it’s compact and smaller, you can place it in your garage for easier access to food drinks, and snacks.
Measuring 21.1 x 20.7 x 33.1 inches and weighing 75 pounds, it has a 4.4 cubic feet capacity and spotless stainless steel exterior door finish.
Equipped with 3 adjustable and strong shelves that vary in width, this fridge won’t disappoint you. With its torture control setting unit, you can carefully adjust the right temperature.
Even if you want to store canned drinks you are covered. Apart from the bottom shelves, its other two shelves will allow you to store larger bottles.
As an energy star certified fridge, it will save you up to $32 in energy bills a year. It also comes with an 18 month warranty for functional parts.
Although it’s small in size it can hold a number of beverage containers. It’s, therefore, suitable for one car garage, dormitories, living facilities, hotel rooms, and studio apartments.
- convenient features: 1.6 cu. ft. capacity with a door basket for 2l bottles and separate ice cube chamber. adjustable thermostat lets you choose the right temperature for your food.
- toolbox fridge: this mini beverage fridge allows you to keep your stash of drinks cold and blends with your tools
- compact & stylish: this space saving small refrigerator is perfect for any size room- college dorm, offices, garages, home bars, small apartments, and rv campers.
- large capacity(18.25 x 20.5 x 20.25 inches) stores food, soda, beer, and other beverages. the sleek, modern design is perfect for college dorm rooms, offices, garages, home bars, small apartments, and rv campers
- adaptable: adjustable leveling leg, helps to keep refrigerator stable on uneven floors.
Whether you need a small capacity or energy-efficient fridge for garage, Igloo Garage Fridge Tool Box is the right option. Situated on four caster wheels, you effortlessly move it from one place to another within the garage.
If you want to position it permanently you can always lock the wheels. As a roomy and sturdy fridge, it measures 20 x 18 x 32 inches and weighs 48 pounds.
Along with a crisper to maintain fruits for long period of time, it has two removable shelves. It’s also fitted with a small covered upper freezer with small ice cube container and drip tray.
With the temperatures settings found at the right side of the refrigerator, you can adjust it to provide you with better cooling.
Even in the warmest conditions, it will keep all your drinks and food items cold. If you are looking for the right refrigerator for garage it won’t disappoint you.
1. Temperature Control
The right cheap energy-efficient fridge should have temperature control feature to enable you control the temperature the way you want. Regardless of the seasonal temperature changes, you can set the temperature you want.
2. Cooling Performance
The cooling performance is usually determined by the distribution of cold air, cooling technology design, and compressor performance. It’s also designed to uniformly distribute cold air. So your fridge should have this feature.
3. Shelving System
This system is one of the things in which fridges outrank others. The best fridges should be fitted with adjustable shelves to help suit all the foods that you want to keep. For easy storage and retrieval, most fridges are fitted with sliding shelves.
Although this does not impact on performance, it influences the overall look for your garage. The best fridge should come in white stainless steel or black finish. That can match your garage décor.
5. Know Your Space
Before settling on any fridge, it’s important to know the size of your space, you can choose one that fits. Measure the available space and check so you can be sure the fridge will fit in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Most refrigerators work just fine in the garage. However, if you live in extreme climates you may either buy the right fridge for the garage or make a few adjustments to boost the lifespan of your fridge.
Yes. Most garage fridges are suitable for hot climates.
This refers to refrigerators that come with extra insulation, higher energy efficiency, and area easy to install and use.
This generally depends on how cold the garage is. If your garage is extremely cold, you may have to buy a garage so it can run on lower temperatures. The average lower operating temperature of freezer is 59 degrees.
There you have it- some of the best cheap energy-efficient fridges for the garage. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can add them in the comments section.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021