Regardless of the work you do in the garage, getting a sufficient lighting system both inside and outside is quite helpful. By using the best bulbs for exterior garage lighting, you’ll not only improve your outdoors but also protect your garage from any theft.
5 Best-Selling Bulbs for Exterior Garage Lighting
- 1. AmazonBasics 60-Watt A19 LED Bulb
- 2. LUXON LED Edison Bulb Vintage Style
- 3. Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb
- 4. SkyGenius Daylight LED Corn Light Bulb
- 5. CPPSLEE – LED Flame Effect Light Bulb
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
While there is no law that dictates the type of lighting system to install, there are specific features that you must consider when shopping for the best lighting system for your garage. If you are looking for the best bulbs for exterior garage lighting, follow this guide for some tips.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Bulbs for Exterior Garage Lighting
1. AmazonBasics 60-Watt A19 LED Bulb
Amazon Basics 60 Watt ( Lifetime, A19 LED Light Bulb | 2-Pack)
- with a life of 15,000 hours, the bulb will last over 13 years (based on 3 hours of use each day)
- provides 800 lumens of light immediately, with no waiting time to warm up to full brightness
- with a correlated color temperature of 2700 kelvin, this bulb provides a soft white light, creating a comfortable atmosphere for any room
- this led light bulb uses only 10.5 watts of energy, saving up to $81.68 over the life of the bulb vs. its incandescent equivalent (based on 3 hours/day, 11 cents/kwh, may vary depending on rates and use)
- this bulb costs only $1.26 per year to operate (based on 3 hours/day, 11 cents/kwh) making it an economical alternative to incandescent bulbs
If you are shopping for solid bulbs for your exterior garage lighting, these are the right bulbs for you. Unlike other bulbs, they have a sturdy construction hence will last as long as you want.
Although they come in a pack of two, you can choose as many as six. One unique thing about them is that they produce high-quality lighting. By giving white soft light, they’ll provide you with a very comfortable atmosphere.
As compared to other bulbs that take forever to achieve full brightness, these ones are different. Coming with an overall lifespan of 15000 hours, they can last a lifetime. They are also able to balance energy saving and the quality of light they produce.
With that said, installing them will really help you save on your power bill. Whether you want to install them in your backyard or garage, these bulbs will really help you.
2. LUXON LED Edison Bulb Vintage Style
LUXON 4Pack Edison Bulb ( Base For Wall Sconce Retro Fixture)
- beautiful amber glow -- antique light bulb gives off a warm yellow glow when on and look great in any of your vintage style fixtures, add warm and cozy mood to your room!
- pretty vintage style bulb -- 60w edison bulb provides a vintage appearance when off, perfectly preserve the look, feel and style of early 1900’s light bulb, boosting up any room's personality.
- fully dimmable -- these work perfectly with any dimmer switch as well as typical rocker or toggle switches. when dimmed them down to the lowest setting, you can really see the gorgeous squirrel cage filament all lit up!
- elevate your home -- these filament bulbs will be the talk of any room in your home! fits into either an e26 or e27 screw base, great for mood wall sconces, island light, chandelier and more.
- happy customer -- our bulbs offer more than 3000 hours bulb life, as least 2.7 years based on a 3-hour daily use；1-year manufacturer warranty
In addition to their warm white, LUXON LED Edison Bulbs are dimmable. Coming with an antique vintage style, they can be a great addition to your garage. Besides the looks, you’ll appreciate the fact that they work so well with dimmers.
Featuring inviting lights they are the best lighting system to use in your garage exterior. While they resemble the convectional edition light bulbs, they are quite different.
As low heat and energy-efficient bulbs they are the right bulbs for your home. Made using unique strong gold filaments, they are the best bulbs for your home. Offering up to 20,000 lifespans, these are the right bulbs for your home.
Whether you want to enhance or secure your garage, these bulbs have it all. To ensure that you are 100% satisfied, the company stands with their bulbs. So in case of anything, you can always contact them.
3. Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb
Kasa Smart Light Bulb ( 800LM Soft White (2700K), 9W (60W Equivalent))
- dimmable kasa smart’s dimmable light bulb has a dimming range from 1 percent to 100 percent; set the right brightness for any mood or activity; turn your bulb to full brightness to get your kids up in the morning or dim it enough for them to fall asleep at night
- no hub required: the kasa smart wi-fi light bulb, dimmable connects to your home’s secure wifi network; no need for a hub or extra equipment; all you need is your smartphone, the kasa smart app and a wi-fi connection to start controlling your bulb from anywhere
- control from anywhere: control your smart light bulb from anywhere with your smartphone using the case smart app (ios, android); smoothly dim the brightness of your light bulb from anywhere with the app
- voice control: use simple voice commands to control your kasa smart dimmable light bulb with any amazon alexa, google assistant or microsoft cortana; just tell your voice assistant to dim your lights and set the perfect mood for movie night
- note: requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz wi-fi network connection. typical lumen output - 800lm
Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulbs are unique bulbs for exterior garage lighting that works well with Alexa and Google. The amazing thing about them is that you can use your phone to control them wherever you are.
With no hub required, these bulbs will easily connect to your home’s secure Wi-Fi system. As a matter of fact, you only need a smartphone for this to happen. Using the smartphone app you can control them wherever you are.
Given that they have voice control features you can use simple voice control to secure it. The fact that they are compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Microsoft Cortana makes them some of the best bulbs out there.
4. SkyGenius Daylight LED Corn Light Bulb
35W Daylight LED Corn ( Warehouse High Bay Barn Porch Backyard Garden Super Bright)
- super bright - 3500lm ,cool white 6500k, e26 socket, 35w led equal 300w incandescent bulb.(large size: 8.1 x 3 inch )
- energy saving - power consumption is 1/10 of incandescent bulb, 2/3 of energy-saving bulb under the same brightness.
- long lifespan - all the bulbs are 2017 new updated version(durable driver filled with glue), effectively extent the lifespan compared with the 2016 version.
- good quality - aviation aluminum to ensure heat dissipation, abs housing good corrosion resistance.
- wide applications - unique design, energy saving, fast cooling,long service life,no glare, no flicker, easy install(just screw to e26 socket). great for garage, driveway, warehouse, barn, patio, courtyard , garden, street, office, school, hospital, shopping mall, supermarket, station, restaurant, hotel, workshop etc, anywhere need bright light.
Resembling the ear of corn, SkyGenius Daylight LED Corn Light Bulb is one of the best bulbs for exterior garage lighting. Featuring a range of tiny lumens, its brightness can only be compared to a 200W incandescent bulb.
As opposed to other bulbs, it only consumes 1/10 of the energy. Designed to fit any normal E26 light socket do not allow its newfangelness to confuse you.
With its 360 degrees of bright light, it’s able to illuminate your garage exterior, backyard, and walkways. The fact that it doesn’t dim makes it one of the best bulbs to use.
As one of the most efficient bulbs, you only need around $3 to operate it. With only 3 hours of operation, you can expect it to serve you for over 10 years. Overall, if you are looking for one of the best bulbs for your outdoor garage needs it won’t disappoint you.
5. CPPSLEE – LED Flame Effect Light Bulb
CPPSLEE LED Flame Light ( Outdoor Home Decoration (Yellow, 4 Pack))
- 🔥realistic fire effect. through our continuous testing and improvement, this bulb presents a realistic flame flickering effect.you just screw the bulb into the base of the e26 and enjoy the flame of the led.
- 🔥4 modes. flickering light bulbs has flame emulation mode, breathing mode, general light mode and gravity induced mode(upside down). quickly turn the switch off and on again, and the bulb will switch to the next mode.
- 🔥energy efficient design. the power of this flickering light bulbs is 3w, which is 90% more energy efficient than ordinary light bulbs. there are cooling holes at the bottom of the bulb, so it won't get hot even if you use it for a long time. the service life of led bulbs is generally up to 100,000 hours.
- 🔥the perfect substitute for candles and kerosene lanterns. the bulbs can be used on fireplaces, front patio lights, lanterns, chandeliers, street lights, wall sconces, etc.
- 🔥these bulbs are great for decorating for halloween, christmas, thanksgiving, valentine's day, easter and other holidays.
Equipped with 4 modes including general light, breathing mode, gravity-induced and flame illumination, CPPSLEE – LED Flame Effect Light Bulbs have everything you need. As a two-pack light bulb, they are the right choice for your exterior garage lighting.
Alongside providing security, they will decorate your garage’s exterior. Also available in single pack, four and six packs you can choose the right ones for your needs.
By boosting your outside décor they will make your garage look romantic and relaxing. While the flame light stimulates natural flame, it does not produce any open flame or UV radiation.
Equipped with multiple modes, those who buy them are so happy. This makes them the best bulbs for outside use. Once you install them in the suggested holders, you’ll get the kind of lighting that you need.
Deciding how bright you’d like your bulb for exterior garage lighting to be is one of the most important things to do. Being measured in lumens, if you’d like to light the night and provide security, go for a higher-powered bulb.
2. Motion Sensors
If you are looking to secure your garage, choose the bulbs with motion sensors. This feature will automatically turn them on if an object passes by. Other models are also programmed in such a way that they will turn on at the onset of dusk. Choosing this option will not only give you peace but also increase the security and comfort of your yard.
Since you are going to install them outside, considering this feature is very important. With this in mind, choose the ones that can withstand all the elements of weather.
4. Know the Life Expectancy and Energy Usage
While bulbs are not that expensive, buying one every now and then can be costly in the long run. So choose one that can serve you for long without any issues. Plus, if you want to save energy make sure they will only turn on in the evening.
Frequently Asked Questions
As compared to indoor bulbs, bulbs for exterior lighting have additional features. Apart from being weather resistant, they provide more lighting.
LED bulbs are the best choice for all commercial, residential, and garage needs. Since they reduce maintenance costs and offer additional benefits they are the best bulbs to use outdoors.
The amount of energy consumed generally depends on the lighting system used. If you only have a few voltage fixtures and a low wattage transformer your energy bill will be small
Installing the bulbs should be done by following installation instructions and the manufacturer’s specifications. Since some states require a qualified person, consider all the requirements before doing anything.
Now that you have all the information about the best bulbs for exterior garage lighting, buying one should not be an issue. Make sure you figure out your needs and budget. You could also consider buying one with sensor motions. Once you’ve identified the right one, do not hesitate to secure the exterior of your garage.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021