Every garage owner can attest to encountering some pests every once in a while. Bug infestations in garages are fairly common for various reasons.
5 Best-Selling Bug Spray for Garage
- 1. Ortho Home Defense Insect Spray with Wand
- 2. SPECTRUM Cutter Bug Spray
- 3. Home Defense Bug Killer Formulated with Essential Oils
- 4. Demon Max Cypermethrin Bug Spray
- 5. Cy-Kick Bug Spray
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
For starters, garages tend to be warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, thereby offering a protective shelter for the bugs. Additionally, garages tend to be dark, warm, and moist with plenty of spaces to nest in.
In addition to being a nuisance, bug infestation can be dangerous. They can damage the items stored in the garage or even find their way into the living areas of the home. Some bugs are known to spread disease-causing pathogens. If you are looking for effective ways to get rid of bugs, here are some insights.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Bug Spray for Garage
1. Ortho Home Defense Insect Spray with Wand
Ortho Home Defense Insect ( Fleas & Ticks, Odor Free, 1.1 Gal, 1 Pack)
- ortho home defense insect killer for indoor & perimeter2 with comfort wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won't stain, and keeps listed bugs out
- kills bugs inside: kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- keeps bugs outside: creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- no staining or stink: this spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- wand makes application easy: the comfort wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there's no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home's perimeter--indoors and outside
If you are looking for a bug spray that not only kills the existing bugs but also protects against future infestation, you can consider this Ortho Home Defense insecticide. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. It comes with a comfort wand that makes it easy for you to spray without getting tired.
It is odorless and non-staining. You can spray to the perimeter of the area you want to protect against bugs. This spray effectively kills and keeps out fleas, ants, ticks, spiders and roaches for a long time, up to 12 months after spraying.
2. SPECTRUM Cutter Bug Spray
Cutter Backyard Bug Control ( Fleas & Listed Ants, 32 Fl Ounce)
- kills fast: kills mosquitoes, listed ant types, fleas and other listed insects
- quickflip hose-end sprayer: hose-end-sprayer activates spray at the flip of a switch – just grip, flip and go
- lasts all summer: controls up to 12 weeks against house crickets, carpenter ants, harvester ants, lady beetles and earwigs
- coverage: treats up to 5,000 square feet of lawn
- no mixing required: attach the sprayer to a garden hose to treat your lawn, landscape and outdoor surfaces where insects hide
Cutter backyard bug control kills and keeps off fleas, mosquitoes, house crickets, ants, earwigs and lady beetles. The bug spray comes with a hose end sprayer to make your work easier – just flip it and spray. The bug spray can be used on indoor and outdoor surfaces.
This insect control does not need any mixing; it comes ready to spray. For best results, spray this bug control immediately you spot the first insect. When sprayed early on in the insect invasion, it stops the invasion from getting out of control.
3. Home Defense Bug Killer Formulated with Essential Oils
Ortho Home Defense Crawling ( With Essential Oils)
- formulated with safe* and strong essential oils such as cinnamon, castor, and clove oil (*safe to use around kids and pets when used as directed)
- safe to use around kids and pets** (**when used as directed)
- tested and proven to start killing bugs in seconds*** (***tested on ants, roaches, and spiders (excluding black widow, brown recluse, hobo))
- for indoor and outdoor use
This is the perfect bug spray if kids or pets access the garage. It effectively eliminates bugs while keeping the environment non-toxic for other garage users. It is perfect for indoor and outdoor use and it doesn’t leave any stains.
It is formulated with strong but safe essential oils such as clove oil, cinnamon, geraniol, corn mint and castor. It comes with an easy to spray horse for those nooks and crevices that are hard to reach. It effectively kills roaches, ants, crickets and spiders (has not been tested on brown recluse, black widow and hobo).
4. Demon Max Cypermethrin Bug Spray
Syngenta 070294125000 Demon Max ( Insecticide, Yellowish)
- note: the "rel" before the month and year stands for the "release" or production date. this product does not have an expiration, "use by", or stated shelf life. under normal storage conditions, this product will remain effective for 3 to 5 years
Demon Max bug spray eliminates more than 30 types of insects. It can be effectively used for spot control and crevice control. It’s a multipurpose spray that is effective for both indoor and outdoor use. It can also be used on perimeters for bug control.
Cypermethrin is an effective general pest control ingredient. It is best not to use it around kids or pests. It has been proven very effective (90 to 100%) in bug elimination especially heavy termite invasion or hornets and wasps.
5. Cy-Kick Bug Spray
BASF BCBI10113 ( Insecticide - 16oz)
- cyfluthrin 6.0%
- cykick cs can be used indoors and outdoors to control all types of pests.
- low mix rate: to get a 0.05% solution mix cy-kick cs insecticide at a rate of 1 ounce per gallon of water. high mix rate: to get a 0.1% solution mix cy-kick cs insecticide at a rate of 2 ounces per gallon of water.
- can not ship to ny
With 6.0% cyfluthrin, Cy-Kick can be used in low mix or high mix rates and still be effective. It is a broad-spectrum insecticide that can be used to control pests indoors and outdoors. This bug spray keeps killing bags up to 90 days after an application.
Cy-Kick comes with SmartCap technology that protects the active ingredient against weather and UV rays’ interference. This technology also stops the spray from staining surfaces or being toxic to plants, pets and humans. The technology allows administration of the bug spray in tiny doses that are lethal to pests but cannot be picked up other larger living organisms in the home.
1. The Type of Bugs
Different bug sprays are formulated to effectively eliminate specific species of insects. Consider the type of bug infestation in your garage and choose a bug killer that is effective against it.
If you have spotted several types of bugs in the garage, go for a broad-spectrum bug spray, or at least one that is tested on the bugs spotted.
2. Chemical Vs Natural
Natural bug sprays are a good choice when you have children or pets accessing the garage. Most of the natural bug sprays contain essential oils that repel insects but are non-toxic to humans and pets. If you do not have kids or pets, and usually leave the home for most of the day, you can also use chemical bug sprays.
Some chemical bug sprays are not toxic to humans. Be sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions on use to avoid threats to the health of the family members.
3. Indoor Vs Outdoor
Use a bug spray that clearly indicates that it is safe for indoor use. There are some insect and pest repellents that are made for outdoor use only, mostly because they can affect the health of humans when inhaled.
When using bug sprays, it is best to leave the garage for a period of time after application, even if the label indicates that it is safe to use indoors. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions before you use the spray.
4. Ease of Use
A lot of bug sprays today come already mixed – you only need to uncap and spray. However, others come concentrated with instructions on how to dilute it depending on the infestation being controlled.
It is important to note that some manufacturers package the sprays in bottles with sprayers or spraying wands for ease of use. If you are particular about having a good sprayer, go for bottles that come with a sprayer or accommodate a spraying accessory.
How much of the product do you have to use to get the desired results? How often should you spray to maintain a bug-free garage? How much is the product? This information is available on the product description. Manufacturers indicate how often you should spray for effective bug elimination.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the spray you choose. Manufacturers indicate on the packaging if the product is non-staining. If its not indicated and you have already purchased, try it out on a non-conspicuous section before spraying it elsewhere.
Every bug spray comes with instructions for use from the manufacturer. In most cases, you can spray your garage just before you leave for work to give the product enough time to act. However, be sure to follow the guidelines on the product packaging.
Yes, depending on the manufacturer’s guidelines. There are some bug sprays that can be used anywhere in the home including kitchens and backyards. However, there are some that cannot be used where children and pets are. Confirm from the manufacturer’s instructions.
You can spray on the stuck debris and apply more pressure. If this doesn’t work, you can use paint remover or clay bar to remove the bugs. Be sure to check the manufacturer’s recommendations on how to get rid of dried-up product.
Generally, yes. However, it depends on the other ingredients used to make the spray effective. Check the recommendations from the manufacturer before use to ascertain your safety and that of your family.
Using the right bug spray at the right time could save you a whole lot of trouble. Be sure to dispose of the bug spray containers safely once done with them.
- 5 Best Oil-Based Paints for Garage Floors: How to Choose a Protective yet Gorgeous Paint for Garage Floors - March 11, 2021
- 5 Best Oscillating Heater for Garage - March 10, 2021
- 5 Best MTB Racks for Garage: What to Look For in a Garage Bike Rack - February 26, 2021