Battery backups are one of the most essential accessories you could have in your home in preparation for emergencies. It is always a relief to have an extra power source to get that garage door open when you need it.
5 Best-Selling Backup Battery for Garage Door Opener
Preparing for crises such as power outages, or bad weather is one idea that always pays off in the long run. You just have to make sure that you purchase the absolute best backup battery for your garage door opener. How do you pick the best batteries? What should you look out for? All these are covered in this guide.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Backup Battery for Garage Door Opener
- always charged and ready, the evercharge powers the garage door up to 20 full cycles when the power goes out.
- audible signal sounds when door is moving under battery power. all safety and security features still operate.
- bright led lights let you know that the evercharge battery is operable, when it is in use, or when the batteries need to be replaced.
- same as part number 41a6357-1, 485lm and 4228
The Liftmaster is one of the renowned industry names when it comes to backup batteries. It is durable and can run 20 full cycles when there is no power. The battery beeps when in use and comes with numerous safety features. The smart light sensors indicate when the battery is in use, when it needs to be replaced, and when the door is operating using battery power. Overall, it is a strong and powerful choice.
When it comes to power, durability, and longer life, no other brand does it better than the LiftMaster. The 485LM is one of the top series and packs a reasonable amount of power. It is very easy to fix when you need it and even easier to operate. If you are not so handy, you could get a technician to do a quick setup. The backup battery has a very high rating in the market.
- ml5-12 sla is a 12v 5ah sealed lead acid (sla) rechargeable maintenance free battery
- dimensions 3.54 inches x 2.76 inches x 4.21 inches, terminal f1 listing is for the battery only no wire harness or mounting accessories included
- compatibility chamberlain 41a6357-1 garage door opener battery vista 20p adt razor powerrider 360 electric tricycle standby 41b822 djw12-4 5 werker wka12-5f ion audio tailgater active eb1250f2 elb 1250a pc1250 ub1250 ca1240 bp5-12 es4-12 ion audio job rocker sound system liftmaster 485lm evercharge interstate power patrol sec1055 rt-1250 f1 np4-12 np5-12 nph5-12 npx-25 solex bd124 alarm casil ca1240 power patrol sla1055 ion audio explorer ipa23b black decker grasshog-cst2000
- rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position resists shocks and vibration long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures
The first thing you notice about the Mighty max is its impressive features. This is inclusive of 12 volts and 5 AH power, the solar compatibility, the Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) feature, audible prompts, the interstate power patrol, and can operate in a wide range of temperatures. It comes with quality AGM construction and be installed in different ways as long as the battery is no installed upside down. The battery is built to provide quality, safety, and support.
- genuine expertpower battery - the most trusted and highest reviewed sealed lead acid batteries on amazon
- battery type - 12 volt 4.5 amp/20 hour sealed lead acid battery
- compatibility - perfect fit for a wide variety of applications including home alarms, electric scooters, ion block rockers, ups systems, and much more.
- quality assurance - crafted wtih a rugged construction, our sla batteries are ultra durable and utilize absorbed glass mat (agm) technology which provides a wide temperature range.
- user friendly - easy, one-time installation of our maintenance free and valve regulated batteries will get your system or application running in no time at all.
There is beauty in versatility, and the Expert power brand is not just versatile, but it also takes security to a whole new level. It is compatible with alarm systems, UPS systems, and electric scooters. The battery specs are 12 volt, 4.5 AMP/20 hr, and run on a lead-acid battery. The design of the battery is such that it can stand the test of time and maintains its integrity in all temperatures. Also, every Expertpower battery uses Absorbed Glass Mat technology which manages temperature range.
- ml5-12 sla is a 12v 5ah sealed lead acid (sla) rechargeable maintenance free battery, pack of 2 - ul certified
- dimensions: 3.58 inches x 2.76 inches x 4.21 inches. terminal: f1. listing is for the battery only. no wire harness or mounting accessories included.
- sla / agm spill proof battery has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperatures, long service life and deep discharge recover.
- rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration. long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures
- backed by a 30 day refund policy and full 1 year warranty
There are several high-performing garage batteries out there with awesome features, but very few can be compared to the power and functionality of the UL certified backup battery. At a very minimal cost, you can get the Mighty Max installed in your home and never worry about power outages and electrical issues. The consumer-centric battery is quite versatile and has a number of applications.
Backup batteries for garages are becoming quite popular after the bill of safety was passed, with lots of people ditching regular power grids and putting their faith more on a backup power system, depending on where the place of residence. What exactly does a backup battery for the garage door do?
A backup battery is a spare power source that can power your electric garage door when the regular power grid malfunctions, this could be due to a surge, extreme weather conditions, or any form of malfunctioning. The beauty of a battery-powered garage door is that it provides homeowners with security and convenience. There are many options as to which backup battery type you should get for your garage. Most of the batteries are designed to be unobtrusive and durable. It can easily be installed by a technician and can be charged to full capacity and stored for emergencies.
Reasons Why You Need a Backup Battery for Your Garage
- n case of fire emergencies, the garage door is often an escape route and can be opened even when the power source has shutdown.
- When there is a power outage you can still get access in and out of your garage with a backup battery.
- Bad weathers such as winter storms may cause damage to power lines, causing a complete blackout. If this happens, your backup battery would be instrumental to survival.
- Other major emergencies that require you to drive out and there is a form of electrical malfunction.
Backup batteries for garage door openers are relatively new innovations that only hit the market in 2006. Garage door openers started to feature battery backups as a complete set. It goes without saying that garage door openers and batteries often come together. So, in order to enjoy the features of a backup battery, one could either purchase a brand new garage door opener or get a backup battery to supplement. If you are buying a brand new garage door opener you should make sure to test the backup battery for efficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, now it is very easy to add a battery backup to your garage door opener at a very affordable cost
They use either lithium-ion or a 1.5-volt alkaline battery.
The battery lasts for about 1 to 2 years. Ordinarily, you may need to replace the battery every two years.
Most unlikely, the garage door opener requires a lot of power.
It should take at least 4 ½ hours to get it fully charged.
We definitely recommend getting a backup battery as it will save you a lot of hassle during emergencies, depending on physical and environmental factors. The 5 battery types that made our list are certainly our favorite and the most efficient in the market. If you are looking for the absolute best backups at a great price then they are perfect for you.