A window air conditioner is the best option if you do not want the garage to be connected to the main air conditioning system of the home. It is an energy-efficient option that is inexpensive and can effectively cool down the garage.
5 Best-Selling Window Air Conditioner for Garage
- 1. MAE05M 5,000 BTU Window AC with Mechanical Controls
- 2. MIDEA 8000BTU Window Air Conditioner and Dehumidifier
- 3. GE 10,000BTU Window Air Conditioner with Wi-Fi Connection
- 4. TOSOT 10,000BTU Window Air Conditioner with Smart Remote Control
- 5. LG 12,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner with Heat Function
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Choosing the best window air conditioner for your garage need not be daunting. Even with the endless options in the market today, you can still find a window AC that suits your garage needs. This brief guide will give some pointers on buying the perfect window AC.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Window Air Conditioner for Garage
- perfect for smaller rooms - midea's affordable window ac unit is perfect to help your room be as comfortable as possible. it can cool 150 sq. ft. with 7 temperature settings, 2 cooling/2 fan-only speeds, and 2-way air direction to give you the perfect amount of cooling every time.controller type:button control.air flow efficiency:145 cfm. moisture removal-1.27 pints/ hr
- energy efficient- midea's 5,000 btu window air conditioner has a combined energy efficiency rate (ceer) of 11.0 which helps reduce the energy costs to save you money throughout the year.
- quiet & easy to use - this window ac unit is quieter than a household refrigerator. it also features easy-to-use mechanical controls to quickly set the time, temperature, and mode and has a removable & reusable air filter.
- easy installation - easily install in your home or apartment's existing window frame. suitable for windows 23''-36'' wide and minimum 13'' high. all mounting accessories are included. a screwdriver is required (but not included) for installation. for some window frames, pilot holes are recommended before installing screws. please see included instruction manual for further detail.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor warranty comes with each midea product to ensure the quality of our brand to our customers. our team is happy to help if any questions or issues arise and make sure to register your product on our website for even faster support in the future.
With 5,000BTU, this energy-efficient unit can serve a space of up to 150 sq. ft. It is easy to install, customize and maintain. It comes with thorough installation instructions and necessary accessories. It works well with standard 110V household sockets.
The unit comes with multiple temperature settings to customize the air direction, fan speed, and cooling speed. It comes with a reusable filter that you can detach, clean, and reattach. The filter is designed to rid the air of harmful particles and some bacteria for a healthier environment.
- 3 in 1 comfort - the midea easycool window air conditioner unit has three modes to help your house, apartment, office, or room be as comfortable as possible. it can cool a space up to 350 sq. ft. quickly, circulate air with its 3-speed fan, or reduce humidity utilizing the dehumidifier mode.controller type:remote control.air flow efficiency:196.47 cfm
- energy efficient - the easycool window air conditioner is energy star certified to help save you money throughout the year. there are also multiple custom settings to help you be even more energy-efficient like eco mode and an easytimer feature to program a schedule that fits your needs.
- quiet & easy to use - this window ac unit is quieter than a household refrigerator. the intuitive led display and remote control (batteries included) allow easy setting of time, temperature, and mode from across the room. the removable and reusable air filter protects your family and living space from dust and pet hairs.
- easy installation - install easily in your home or apartment's existing window frame (23"-36"x14"). all mounting accessories are included. a screwdriver is required (but not included) for installation. for some window frames, pilot holes are recommended before installing screws. installation instructions are simple and setting it up is a breeze.
- worldwide leader - midea brand with a motto to help make customers feel at home with each of their products. as a testament to our dedication to quality and our customers, we offer one-year parts and labor warranty on this product.
Made to suit rooms that are up to 350sq. ft, this window AC comes with triple functionality. You can opt for the fan-only mode to cool down the garage, the air conditioning mode, or the dehumidification mode. It cools down space fast and comes with an intuitive remote control that lets you set your preferences via a digital LED display panel.
While it is easy to install, it is advisable that you work with a professional. The installation will not require you to significantly modify your window frame. This unit comes with all the necessary mounting accessories and installation instructions.
- cools medium rooms - 10,000 btu cooling capacity offers maximum comfort in rooms up to 450 square feet
- built-in wifi - use the smarthq app to control and monitor this wifi enabled smart air conditioner from anywhere, giving you connected peace of mind
- maximum comfort cool - three cooling settings and fan speeds provide total flexibility with optimal home comfort and air conditioner efficiency
- voice control - use voice commands to control the unit after connecting it to a smart speaker like amazon alexa or google assistant
- electronic thermostat with remote - digital controls with included remote make it easy to adjust and manage your settings from anywhere in your room
If you are looking for a window air conditioner for the garage that you can control with your smartphone, this is worth checking out. It works well with Apple Homekit, Google Assistant, and Alexa and comes with multiple digital controls. The controls allow you to set the cooling speed, fan speed, and air direction.
In addition to being easy to install and customize settings, this window AC is energy efficient and is duly certified to prove the fact. It is a 115 V smart window AC that keeps the garage cool at lower energy costs.
- quick cooling: give your hot room the cold shoulder. tosot 10,000 btu window air conditioners are best for spaces up to 450 sq. ft. if your space has high ceiling, an open floor plan, or a lot of traffic, you may want to consider sizing up.
- modern design: this ain't your grannie's window ac. gone are the eyesores of yesterday, with their ugly metal grilles messing up the flow of your interior decorating skills. bring the art gallery to your home by installing this sleek, minimalistic air conditioner in your living room window.
- 1 product, 3 uses: at tosot, we want our products to solve as many of your problems as possible. that's why we're giving you three products for the price of one! this is not only a window air conditioner, but also comes with modes for fan-only and for dehumidifying.
- smart temperature control: on most air conditioners, the thermostat is located on the unit itself. tosot air conditioners uses a thermostat is located on the remote, meaning your ac will cool your space based on the temperature around your remote (which is probably close to you, right?)
- saves you money: tosot window air conditioners are energy-star rated, making them better for the environment and your wallet. everyone may not agree on climate change, but the one thing we can all stand behind is lower utility bills.
Designed to cool spaces that are up to 450 sq. ft, this window air conditioner is quite powerful yet energy-efficient. It comes with a temperature sensing remote control, unlike traditional units whose thermostats are in the unit itself. It features a sleek modern design and is roughly 21.4 by 22.8 by 15.8 inches in size.
The unit features multiple wind directions and has a dehumidifier and a fan. This window AC is easy to install. It comes with easy-to-follow instructional steps for first-timers. It also comes with a video guide to make the installation process easier.
- energy efficiency ratio (eer): 11.3 (cooling)
- special 230v electrical outlet required (unit will not work with a standard 115v outlet)
- 12,000 btu cooling for rooms up to 550 sq. ft
- 11,200 btu heating for approx. 450 sq. ft
- 2 cooling speeds/2 heating speeds/2 fan speeds
This LG window air conditioning unit is designed for energy efficiency even with the cooling and heating function. The unit comes with 11,200 BTU heater and the heating and cooling speeds and fan speed can be adjusted.
The unit serves spaces of up to 550 sq. ft when the cooler is on, and 450 sq. ft when the heating mode is on. It needs 230V outlets to function optimally – it doesn’t work with the regular 115V outlet. It is easy to install and comes with simplified instructions to help with installation and maintenance.
1. Size of the Garage
If your garage is small, up to about 150 sq. ft, a 5000BTU window air conditioner should work. If the garage is bigger, up to 340 sq. ft, get 8000BTU unit, up to 550 sq. ft, go for a 12,000BTU unit, and up to 800 sq. ft, get a 14,000BTU unit. For garages that are 1,000 sq. ft up to 1,600 sq. ft, a unit between 18,500BTU and 25,000BTU will work just fine.
2. Features of the Window AC Unit
Looking for the smarts in your preferred unit? Well, check out the product description thoroughly. Some units are designed to be compatible with Wi-Fi, virtual assistant apps and gadgets as well as smart remote controls. Some units come with air purifiers, programmable timers, filter sensors, and a lot more. You can get a unit with as many features as you’d like.
3. Size of the Unit and Window
Each window air conditioner has its recommended window dimensions. This information is usually clearly indicated in the product description. Be sure to confirm the size of the unit and the size of your window before making a purchase.
4. Window AC Maintenance
Maintenance is key for optimal performance over the years. Look at how easy it is to clean or replace filters before making a purchase. Check if it can function well in the conditions that your garage is in.
5. Check the Noise
If you are particular about getting a quiet window air conditioner for your garage, check the noise levels indicated in the product description. A normal household conversation is about 50dB; for reference. Any sound that is 85dB and above is considered dangerous and can damage hearing over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the size of the room and the size of the window. There are endless online resources that advise on the appropriate BTU for each room size. Be sure to measure the inside of the window you wish to install the unit in against the size of the unit itself.
Yes, you can, with the help of the installation instructions that come with the unit. Be sure to take accurate measurements for all the necessary dimensions and handle the unit carefully. It is advisable to have someone else helping with the lifting and shifting during the installation.
Each unit comes with maintenance instructions and recommendations from the manufacturer. Generally, however, it is important to clean the filter at least once every month. Some units come with disposable filters while others come with washable ones.
It depends on the unit you have. There are some units that come with a heater that can be used in the winter. Be sure to check the product description before purchase. If you have purchased a unit already, check the manufacturer’s instructions or contact the seller for more information.
Window air conditioners that come with an Energy Star rating save up to 30% of your energy bill.
With so many varying options available in the market today, stick to the units that suit your space and spices up the experience with your preferred features.
- 5 Best Oil-Based Paints for Garage Floors: How to Choose a Protective yet Gorgeous Paint for Garage Floors - March 11, 2021
- 5 Best Oscillating Heater for Garage - March 10, 2021
- 5 Best MTB Racks for Garage: What to Look For in a Garage Bike Rack - February 26, 2021