Security cameras for garage doors used to be difficult to set up. You had to drill holes in the walls, set up wires across the yard, and think about power outlets. However, in the last few years, several things have changed. These days, security cameras are set up faster than you think.
5 Best-Selling Security Cameras for Garage Door
- 1. Arlo VMS4240P-100NAS Pro 3 Camera, 2 Camera Security System
- 2. Reolink Argus 2: Solar Pick
- 3. Google Nest Cam IQ
- 4. Netatmo Smart Outdoor Camera
- 5. D-Link Vigilance DCS-4605EV
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
While some cameras for doors still use wires that you have to the plugin, you’d be surprised how many of these cameras are wireless and comes with rechargeable battery packs. Continue reading to learn about these top security cameras for garage doors.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Security Cameras for Garage Door
- zoom in to see sharp details - see and record video in 2k with hdr for a clearer, undistorted picture, day or night
- see colorful at night - see features like faces or license plates in full color, even at night, with color night vision.
- smarter alerts, quicker action - receive notifications for people, vehicles, and packages so you can take quick action such as sound the siren, call a friend or dial emergency services, with the included, arlo smart trial
- respond quickly - hear and speak to visitors at your door with clear, two-way audio
- see a bigger picture - with a wide 160° diagonal viewing angle lens that has an auto image correction, reducing the fisheye effect
When it comes to the tech features, Arlo Cameras will not let you down. Just in one single device, this camera packs some of the most impressive specs. Including easy to install magnetic integrations, Smartphone integrations, and clean 2 K Ultra-HD resolutions. From your garage door to the backyard, you can install the camera virtually anywhere.
Together with all these features, you get motion detection, night vision, cloud storage, two-way audio, and mobile app control. As compared to other brands it offers more features. Whether you are looking for phone notifications or high-quality video resolution, this unit is a great pick.
Using your phone, you’ll receive notifications for vehicles, people, and packages so you can take quick action such as sound of the siren or a call from a friend. You can also hear and speak to visitors at your door with clear two-way audio.
Plus, it has a wide 160 degrees diagonal viewing and angle lens that has an auto image correction so you can reduce the eye effect.
- starlight night vision: with a starlight cmos sensor, 1080p full hd high resolution presents up to 33ft crystal and sharp images and videos even at night.
- free rolling 7-day cloud storage: event videos are securely uploaded to sd card or reolink cloud via end-to-end encryption. live view and playback the cloud video of the past 7 days for free.
- smart pir motion detection and remote control via wifi: reolink cam automatically records event video and push notifications, email alerts, sound alarms when detects motion.
- battery/solar powered: wireless easy installation, it takes 5 minutes to set all up.
- reolink 2-year warranty: with the durable and long lasting design, it can be used for years of reliable outdoor/indoor use. we provide 2-years guarantee and 30-days free-return if any unsatisfactory.
One thing you’ll love about Reolink Argus 2 is that it works well both indoors and outdoors. It’s probably the most affordable security camera for the garage door. Using rechargeable battery or solar, you have a lot of options on where you can put it. However, if you don’t use the solar pane the battery goes off a lot quicker.
With its starlight night vision, you’ll get very clear images of up to 33 feet without any additional light. Although it does not have a stable Wi-Fi connection, setting it up is pretty easy. Fitted with a built-in spotlight and siren it will turn on the LED light and sound the siren to immediately prevent any threat.
Coming with several mount accessories and IP65 weatherproof certificated, you can easily put it outdoors anywhere provided you connect it to the Wi-Fi. Overall, it’s among the best security cameras for garage doors.
- 24/7 live video: 130 degree view shows your home in 1080p hd day and night.
- weatherproof: camera cable and adapter are all weatherproof.
- clear as day even at night: night vision evenly illuminates the whole scene. see who's at the door and talk back to get their attention.
- alerts on your phone: get activity alerts so you know if anything happens while you're away.
- install it yourself: install yourself and point it anywhere with the unique magnetic mount. no hub required.
If you are looking for the best security cameras for garage doors, the Google Nest Cam IQ is the right option. As compared to others, it’s capable of recording 1080p up to 30 frames per second. With this feature, you’ll get a very clear video to monitor your garage entrance, exits, and other high traffic areas in the house.
Fitted with a 130-degree wide-angle view and night vision, it will illuminate the whole area even when it’s a bit dark outside. Additionally, it has a built-in microphone and speaker that allow you to communicate with your visitors.
Since it’s weatherproof, you don’t have to worry about installing it outside. Plus, you can plug it directly into the power source. Simple and easy to install you just need to plug it into the adaptor and cable and you are good to go. With this camera, you can rest assured your garage door and backyard are secure.
- protect your property: receive instant alerts on your smartphone to let you know what is happening outside your home
- deter unwanted visitors day and night: the smart floodlight switches on when needed to deter unwanted visitors
- receive custom alerts: presence distinguishes between people, cars and animals and will only provide updates on what you choose to monitor
- choose when to receive alerts: select the part of your garden and the events for which you wish to receive notifications
- round-the-clock security: use the app to watch full hd footage of what happens outside your home, 24/7.ios 10 minimum required
If the security of your garage is an issue, you need to consider installing Netatmo Smart Outdoor Camera. As a weatherproof camera, it’s substantial enough hence anyone can see it. As a matter of fact, by its presence alone it can deter any potential visitor.
Instead of depending purely on the night vision, it’s fitted with floodlights that you can automatically activate or even disable if you like. If you are looking for immediate motion alerts you can set up specific zones. Unlike other cameras, it’s compatible with Android and iOS as well as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
In addition, it does not have any subscription fee. You can, therefore, choose to back up videos through an FTP server or store recorded HD footage, or even connect the account to your Dropbox account.
- versatile monitoring in all environments
As a great security camera for the garage door, D-Link Vigilance is both water and dust-resistant. Besides, it’s made in such a way that it prevents sabotage and tampering. With its doomed lens cover, it greatly reduces build-up during temperature changes or humidity. Unlike other cameras, it can comfortably work in temperatures ranging from 32 to 104 degrees.
Besides using a wide range of technology to improve the videos, it records all the images in 1080 HD. With its Built-In infrared LEDs, it records all the images up to 65 feet even during pitch black situations. Coming with management software, you can easily set up motion detection control the pan, do on-demand recording, and even tilt the camera the way you want.
Fitted with a compact IP66 weatherproof 1K 10 Vandal-proof housing, Power over Ethernet, and 60-foot illumination range, this is one of the best cameras out there. Once you buy it you can rest assured it won’t disappoint you.
As you are shopping for the right security camera for garage door here are some of the features to keep in mind.
1. Power Source
Security cameras for garage door come with different sources of power. Some of the main sources include battery power, plug-in battery, and solar power. With this in mind, you should choose the source of power that suits you well. If you are not interested in cords, choose battery-powered ones.
Most security cameras come with a resolution of between 720p to 4K. However, if you are looking for the best, choose one with a resolution of around 1080 P. With this resolution, you can rest assured you’ll get good pictures.
3. Continuous Video Recording
While there are some security cameras for garage door that only records audio and videos when triggered, the right one should continuously record everything. This continuous recording is sometimes advertised as CVR.
4. Two Way Voice
The best security camera for garage door should have a two-way voice that allows you to stay in touch with potential criminals while also connecting with family members around the property.
5. Door Bell Video Camera
Your security camera should have a good doorbell camera that recognizes familiar face and plays pre-recorded messages to any expected visitor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just like other cameras, security cameras are unique cameras installed on the door and works by recording any activity that happens on the garage door. You can, therefore, use them to protect your home and loved ones.
Just like other things, security cameras are vulnerable to hacking. Thankfully, there are a number of things you can use to protect yourself. For instance, make sure you buy a quality one and have working Wi-Fi in your home.
No. While they are almost similar, security camera for garage doors are a little bit complicated.
If you intend to protect your properties against intruders make sure you look for an outdoor camera. Outdoor cameras will not only protect you against intruders but also provide you with a warning when someone approaches your garage.
Nowadays, there are several security cameras for garage doors to choose from. With this in mind, you need one with the best pictures and videos. If you are confused and don’t know where to start, check out our reviews. This way, you’ll end up with the best camera for your garage needs.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021