If you are fond of using your garage as a workspace, or for a leisure spot in your home, comfort is always at the top of your priorities.
5 Best-Selling Propane Heaters for Uninsulated Garage
But what if your garage is not insulated and it is snowing outside? Now, this is a different story.
Good thing propane heaters exist for your convenience. What’s more important is that these heaters are also safe for use in your uninsulated garage.
Today, you are lucky because we will be giving you the list of the best propane heaters that you can easily purchase on Amazon.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Propane Heaters for Uninsulated Garage
- 30,000 btu liquid propane heater to heat spaces up to 750 square feet. restricted in canada
- blue flame burner for even convection heat. supplemental heat in cold rooms, additions, sun rooms, cabins
- automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ods). csa certified. fuel consumption/burn rate (gal/hr) - 1.389 lbs/hr
- operating this heater at altitudes over 4,500 ft above sea level could cause pilot/ods to shutdown the heater.
- theromostat, legs and wall mounting hardware included.fuel consumption/burn rate (gal/hr)
Mr. Heater Propane Heater liquid propane heater has an output of 30K BTU and can heat large spaces of up to 750 square feet. It contains a blue flame burner that gives out an even heat convection.
It is safe to use and automatically turns off when the oxygen is low. This product is also CSA certified.
This propane heater is not only for indoor use but also for outdoors. You can bring this when you are camping and it can still operate at altitudes beyond 4,500 feet above sea level. This product comes with a temperature gauge, fuel burn gauge, and the necessary mounting brackets.
- not for use in living areas; variable output (6k-12k-18k btu's)
- instant radiant infrared heat.heating area: 450 sq. ft
- hose and regulator included; 20 lb. propane(lp) cylinder (not included)
- protective front grill; four rolling casters for easy mobility
- ods, oxygen depletion sensor, safety feature
Comfort Glow Propane Heater is specifically made for living areas. Its output can be controlled with a range of 6K to 18K BTU.
It can easily heat up and is capable of covering an area of up to 450 square feet. This cabinet-type propane heater comes with a safety grill and is mounted on four rolling caster wheels.
It also has the necessary gauges along with an oxygen sensor which automatically shuts the heater down when the oxygen supply is low.
- variable output (120,000-150,000 btu's)
- propane(lp) gas only; operates 14-18 hours on 100lb. propane gas cylinder
- fan forced hot air
- 10 ft. hose and regulator included
Dura Heat Propane Air Heater comes in a variety of sizes and heat output. Depending on your need, you can choose from devices with an output of 30K BTU up to the 150K BTU variant.
This device can operate up to 18 hours on one propane cylinder with a capacity of 100 pounds. It has a built-in fan that forces the air out of the device which aids in circulating the air around the area.
- 4,000- to 9,000-btu radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- when operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 ft above sea level the heater may shut off.
- auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. fuel consumption/burn rate (gal/hr) at 4000 btu = 0.044 gal/hr, at 9000 btu = 0.099 gal/hr
- fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); run time (hrs at max btu): 3 hours
- the use of un-authorized accessories/attachments with this heater are expressly prohibited, may cause serious injury, and will void the warranty.
Mr. Heater is another highly rated product from Mr. Heater but this time it is a smaller and more portable version. This portable propane heater has an output range of 4K to 9K BTU. It can be used both indoors or outdoors.
It can cover spaces of up to 225 square feet making it perfect for your garage. What’s great about this product is that you can take this on mountaineering trips. It can easily operate even when you’re 7K Feet above sea level.
It has a low oxygen auto shut-off feature which keeps your device safe for use. It comes with a folding handle and has a run time of up to 3 hours.
- versatile indoor and outdoor placement of heater
- high volume of air output for maximum heat distribution
- dependable, electronic spark ignition
- totally enclosed flame
- trouble shooting lights help keep heater up and running
LB White Portable Propane Heater is very versatile in that it can be used both for indoor and outdoor purposes. It provides a high volume output of heated air which maximizes its efficiency.
It comes with various sensors including lights for troubleshooting which makes it easier for you to gauge problems in cases that it bogs down. It is made out of premium materials and comes with an electronic ignition system.
Propane burners are perfect tools for your uninsulated garage. But do you know the exact type of heater that you would need for your garage?
This guide will serve as a tool in which we will discuss all the necessary items that you would need to consider when choosing the right propane heater for your garage.
Many layouts and functions are coming from a variety of heater brands. They all work the same way but their output varies.
2. Power Output
The power output of your heater should be proportional to the size of your garage. Having a heavy-duty heater is nice but the heat output might be too much for your garage and it might harm its immediate surroundings.
Your choice must be based on the needed output of the total floor area of your garage. So the first thing you should do is to know the total floor area and to find a safe place to install your heater.
The next is to find the right heater which has enough heat output for your garage. And besides, you do not need to raise the temperature of your garage too high.
3. Safety Features
Since this type of heater runs on propane gas, safety should be of the utmost priority. Choose the heater with an automatic shut-off feature.
These types usually come with various sensors that tell the heater if it is still operating in optimal conditions. Otherwise, if it senses danger, like low oxygen levels in the surrounding, it will automatically shut off.
4. Forced Induction Or Not
Conventional heaters just emanate infra-red heat from their exhaust without the aid of fans. On the other hand, some heaters do have forced induction, which means that it sucks in cold air and blows out the heated air.
This type of heater is somewhat effective as it aids in circulating the heat faster around the area that it is heating.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make use of propane heaters as an alternative to conventional house heaters.
This should be based on the floor area of your garage. Like how a 500 square feet garage would need a heater with a 22K BTU output.
Yes, they are safe for use in enclosed spaces.
Yes, technically you can. That is why it is important to have ventilation if you are using a propane heater.
Yes, they are significantly cheaper and more economical than electric heaters.
We have already provided you with the best heaters that you can get on Amazon with various outputs and heating layouts. So click on the link above the product of your choice and hop on to Amazon now.