The problem with purchasing a power inverter, especially for first-time buyers is how to know what kind of inverter is best for you and which one has all the features that you require.
5 Best-Selling Power Inverter for Garage
- 1. UFire High Power Inverter, Dual AC Outlet
- 2. POTEK Power Inverter 5000W
- 3. AIMS Pure Sine Inverter 1500W
- 4. Krieger Power Inverter Modified Sine 4000W
- 5. Verta Max Power Inverter 1500W Pure Sine Wave
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Efficiency should be the top priority, closely followed by durability. The weight of the inverter is not necessarily a convenient feature to follow, what do we mean? You cannot hope to find the highest capacity power inverter that is also the lightest in weight. Now, moving on!
What does a power inverter do? Great question Blondie! In simple terms, a power inverter is an electric device that carries direct current (DC) and changes it to alternating current (AC) power.
A good example of DC power sources is automobiles, while the AC power is specific for home wiring. Automobiles have inverters that convert DC current to AC current when you need to charge a device that is typically a home device.
Purchasing a power inverter doesn’t have to be problematic if you have just the right information. Luckily we have taken the time to review hundreds of power inverters and their features so that you wouldn’t have to. There are some great power inverters out there but we want only the best, so we made an exclusive list of the 5 best power inverters for the garage. Here are our top choices:
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Power Inverter for Garage
- 【high power inverter】 provides 3000 watts continuous dc to ac power and 6000 watts instantaneous power
- 【multiple ac charger】 it provides total 3000w power with 2 ac outlets to run your household appliances, power tools, portable equipment, vehicles and medical rescue device, communication tools, emergency equipment, yacht etc(mobile phones, computers, light, television, freezers, refrigerators, rechargeable equipment etc)
- 【advanced security】 durable construction and quality material stands up to harsh environments and all season, ideal for use on road, at campsites, remote job sites or anywhere that ac power is needed
- 【multi-protection】 it has over voltage, low voltage, overload, short circuit, over heat, polarity reverse protection, built-in 2 intelligent cooling fan and 12*35a fuse made it more safer, that two fan would ran faster when the inverter battery gets warmer. keep the unit from over-heat and ensures a quiet environment
- 【package contains】 ufire 3000w car power inverter, 2 * battery clamps, 12 * 35a extra fuse, user manual, our 24-month warranty and friendly customer service
The UFire high-power inverter comes with multiple chargers, multiple protection, advanced security, and more. It features 6000 watts of instant power and 3000 watts unremitting DC to AC flow. The dual AC outlets are specifically for household appliances. Its 12 fuses have 35 amps which will protect any device from overload and getting damaged. Here’s a summary of what we like: 3000 watts consistent output, 6000-watt peak output, LED output and input displays, and 12 fuses that have 35 amps each. What we don’t like so much is that it has to be wired to a battery, and it only has two outlets.
- [5000watt bluetooth power inverter]provides 5000 watts continuous power, 10000 watts surge power to charge your multiple electronic devices on the go
- [multi-purpose charging] four ac outlets and dual usb charging ports perfect for varieties of electric conversion,such as water dispensers,air compressor,refrigerator,coffer maker,electric motor saw,etc
- [unique design]design with bluetooth wireless remote control system,you can download affiliated app to control inverter within 33ft single range.
- [intelligent temperature control]built-in cooling fan only starts working when temperature is over 104℉ and 6 internal fuses makes it safer when using the power inverter, ideal for use on road, at campsites, remote job sites or anywhere ac power is needed
- [multi-protection]this power inverter has over voltage, overload, over-current, under-voltage, overheating, short circuit protection
With 4 AC outlets, Bluetooth, and USB features, the POTEK brand is undoubtedly one of the most versatile and packs an adequate amount of power to charge any home appliance; from water dispensers to high-power appliances such as refrigerators and irons. We love the 5000-watt output, dual USB ports, smart cooling fan, and the 4 pieces of 110-volt outlets. What we don’t like so much is that it is built as a modified sine wave.
- 1500 watt continuous 3000 surge
- overload and over temperature indicator
- triple ac receptacles
- low battery voltage alarm
- remote on/off switch available
This AIMS Pure Sine power inverter is referred to as one of the most efficient inverters available in the market. The power flow is continuous with no interruptions and a maximum output of 4500 watts. It has an automatic connection to the generator that can trigger the generator to start working if the power should drop too low. What we love is the 1500 watt continuous power, the 4500 maximum output, 50 amp battery charger that has 8 settings, its automatic generator-starting capability, and the true sine wave.
- 4000 watts continuous power, 8000 watts peak power, kr4000 modified sine wave power inverter converts 12v dc to 120v ac power, connect dc battery cables directly to your 12v battery and you have power on the go
- perfect for an emergency, hurricane, storm or outage - our version of an all-inclusive! wired remote control, anl inline fuse kit, 3 ft battery cables included and a built in hardwired kit for applications larger than 15 amps
- we have your back. this inverter has all the protections that you will need. overload, over voltage, under voltage, high temperature and short circuit. all of this is displayed on the lcd screen as well as input voltage, output wattage and battery level
- don’t just take our word for this inverter’s rating, this item has been tested, validated and approved by metlab for both its safety and performance. met approved under ul std 458 and csa std c22.2
- you can’t go wrong with krieger! we believe in our product and quality and we offer the warranty that proves it – “3 years parts and labor warranty”
The Krieger is, hands-down, one of the best power inverters with its unique features, durability, and preparedness for the emergency outage. It features 4000-watt continuous power and peak power of 8,000 watts. The device converts 12V DC to 120V AC power. It protects all your devices from overvoltage, overload, high temperatures, under-voltage, and short circuits. Krieger is one of the high-performing power inverters available.
- includes everything you need! 1500w (3000w surge) pure sine wave inverter + 3 foot 2 gauge battery cables with cable lug terminals + remote on/off switch (cord is ~17 feet) + 150 amp anl fuse + anl fuse holder. includes everything you need to complete the installation!
- the vertamax pure sine wave 1500w inverter has 3 grounded ac outlets (115 ac for usa household devices). each outlet has its own power switch (red switch below each ac outlet).
- 1 year warranty. reliable design with thermal shutdown, reverse polarity protection via internal fuses, short circuit protection, over-voltage protection, low voltage shutdown, and low/high voltage alarm.
- led display shows dc battery voltage and watts (ac power consumption). monitor power usage.
- typical examples of appliances that can be powered by this inverter: computers, televisions, video game consoles, cell phone chargers, microwaves, air conditioners, and the list goes on.
Verta Max Power Inverter has everything you need in a power inverter is included in this device: 1500W Pure sine wave inverter, remote switch, 3 ft 2 gauge battery cables equipped with cable lugs, 150 amp ANL fuse with holder, and all the accessories that you require for installation. The device powers anything; air conditioners, televisions, computers, video games, etc.
Whether it’s your first time purchasing an inverter or it’s your 10th time doing so, if you do not have adequate information about the brands and what you should be looking for, you are certainly going to make a buying mistake every time. This can easily be averted.
1. How to Choose a Power Inverter for your Garage
Here are a few things to look out for when choosing a power inverter for your garage.
2. Type of Inverter
What exactly do you need an inverter for? This would determine what type of inverter you’d likely go for. You can use an inverter, either for your vehicle or for your home, and each type has a different capacity. Powering devices in your RV or boat only need a low-capacity inverter, which is cheaper. Power inverters that are purposed for home use are usually high-performing types and are more expensive.
3. Size of Inverter
Here, the emphasis is on the capacity of the inverter, which is the amount of power that it can churn out in order to power devices or a whole house. The power is measured in watts. How can you tell how much wattage you actually require? There is an easy way. Compile the wattage for all the devices that you’d likely plug into the inverter, either directly or indirectly, check and add all the wattage of these devices together, whatever value you get is the amount of wattage you require is a power inverter. To be on the safe side, you may purchase an inverter that is significantly higher than what you need.
4. Input Voltage
The voltage capacity usually determines the amount of power that will be circulated by the inverter. If you are running a car inverter then you are likely going to get as much power as a 12 volt or a 24-volt battery can supply. If the voltage isn’t supplying as much power as needed, you may have to limit the number of devices that are plugged into the inverter.
5. Pure Sine Wave and Modified Sine Wave
Power inverters may process power as a pure sine wave or as a modified sine wave. The pure sine wave is preferred because it offers limited surges, interruptions and ensures that power is consistent. The modified sine wave inverter on the other hand actually provides efficient and adequate power but the downside is that they are often less consistent and may be problematic for high-grade equipment. Although, the modified sine wave inverter is much cheaper than pure sine inverters.
Frequently Asked Questions
A continuous rating of about 1500 watts and a surge rating of 3500 is quite considerable for home use. However, for safety space, it would be good to estimate an overrating of 20-25% for the continuous rating.
No, you shouldn’t. Leaving the inverter on may ensure continuity of power however, the inverter is directly connected to the batteries, hence, to preserve the life of the batteries the inverter should be turned off when it is not needed.
A 100ah battery may power a 65 Watt/12-volt load for about 17 hours, though inverters vary inefficiency.
It is recommended to buy at least two batteries.
Yes, inverters do draw minimal power from batteries even when not in use. The units may vary between .02amps to 2amps depending on the complexity of the standby system.
Power inverters are absolutely necessary especially if you reside in areas that often have electricity problems either frequently or once in a while. With a power inverter, you can never be taken unawares. So, if you are looking to purchase the best power inverter for your garage then any of our recommendations will easily suit your needs.