There is no such thing as too many outlet boxes especially in this modern age where everything works with electricity and comes with some form of chargeable device. From phones to electronics and work equipment, everything requires an electrical outlet, either to charge it up or to keep it running.
5 Best-Selling Outlet Boxes for Garage
- 1. NetGear Extended Wireless WIFI and Wall Plug Design
- 2. Leviton One-Piece, Incandescent Lamp Holder, Porcelain Outlet Box
- 3. GE Circuit Breaker, Adapter, 6-Outlet Power Outlet
- 4. GFCI Weather-Resistant, LED Indicator Outlets
- 5. Home Luminaire Outdoor Glass Lantern Built-in GFCI Outlets
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Outlets are often installed strategically in homes according to convenience and in line with standard architecture; however, in some cases there is the need for extra outlet boxes, depending on the amount of work that is done in specific room spaces. If your garage is one of those indoor offices with tons of equipment, and you need some extra outlet boxes to ensure that all your devices, electronics, and electrical work-tools are fully functional at all times then you should go for the absolute best outlet boxes that does more than just power devices. We have you covered on that bit. Check out our great lineup of recommendations based on durability, versatility, ease of installation, popular reviews, and more.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Outlet Boxes for Garage
- extended wireless coverage: adds wi-fi range coverage up to 1000 sq ft, and connects up to 15 devices such as laptops, smartphones, speakers, ip cameras, tablets, iot devices, and more.
- ac750 wi-fi speed: provides up to 750mbps performance using dual-band and patented fastlane(tm) technology.
- universal compatibility: works with any wireless router, gateway, or cable modem with wi-fi.
- wired ethernet port: simply plug in game consoles, streaming players, or other nearby wired devices using the one 10/100m port for maximum speed.
- safe & secure: supports wep and wpa/wpa2 wireless security protocols.
The convenience of an outlet that also comes with a dual-band, a Wifi range extender can never be over-emphasized. Every home deserves this incredible tech innovation. You never have to worry about diminishing reception in the garage when you have an outlet box that optimizes your wifi for stronger coverage. The booster and repeater pack 750Mbps speed and covers up to 1000 sq Ft. The extender connects up to 15 devices and comes with wired Ethernet ports to give you direct access. Asides from being durable and convenient, the device is also futuristic and can support smart home devices. It is easy to set up, safe, and secure.
- medium base one piece glazed porcelain outlet box mount incandescent lampholder
- single circuit with a pull chain
- 15a 125v outlet grounding
There are many advantages that come with owning an outlet box that has a lamp holder attached to it. At all times you can always find the outlet in the dark by tugging on the pull switch to locate the outlet. The box has a 15A, 125V outlet with a glazed porcelain body. The durable one-piece outlet box conveniently provides you with options for your home, it fits perfectly into the dynamics of every room and gives your garage the lifts that it deserves.
- ideal for home offices and home theaters where electronic devices are used
- 6 grounded outlets : accepts 3 bulky ac adapters & 3 standard plugs
- circuit breaker : 15a circuit breaker shuts off power to the outlers in case of an overload or short circuit
- reset switch : handy switch located on top of the unit
- ul listed
The GE adapter is the ideal outlet box for homes, offices, garages, home theaters, and other spaces. It comes with 6 outlets in one piece. These outlets consist of 3 regular plugs and 3 AC adapters. There is also a 15A circuit breaker that shuts out power surges, reducing the chances of an overload or a short circuit. The outlet box also comes with a reset switch located at the top of the unit. What do we like about this design? The more outlets, the better; this device has 6 extra devices. It saves space with its innovative design.
- gfci outlet - constructed with premium high-impact resistant thermoplastic materials and rational structure design, ensures superior strength and durability. it a single gang gfci electrical box that supports a standard duplex, grounded receptacle; safe electrical gfci outlet tester with test and reset buttons and led indicator is designed to meet local and national electrical codes.
- safty - the anko gfci usb outlet meets ul-listed ygb-095wr, 20 amp, 125 volt, 60hz. tamper resistant receptacle prevents young children from inserting unwanted objects into the outlets. for an added layer of protection, the gfci regularly conducts an automatic internal test to confirm that it can respond to a ground fault, provides continuous ground fault protection.
- weather resistant - constructed with advanced uv stabilized engineering to provide superior corrosion, temperature, and uv resistance, preventing discoloration and aging, ideal for outdoor & indoor use. ground fault circuit interrupter gfci outlets are required in kitchens and bathrooms and within 25 feet of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment to prevent electrical shock in areas subject to moisture.
- self test - two indicator light provides simple, intuitive feedback on power and protection status. if the indicator (led) glows green, you have installed the gfci receptacle correctly and it is working properly. the gfci outlet automatically conducts a self-test(the red light will blink once) every 40 seconds to ensure the gfci is continually working. when the gfci receptacle reaches the end of its' life the red indicator will turn on, it reminds you to replace the outlet in time.
- easy installation: the gfci receptacle can be easily installed in the electric box as little as 10 minutes by following our detailed instructions. unbreakable polycarbonate decorator wall plates, screws and complete installation instructions included.
Are you looking for durability and unequaled functionality? The GFCI might be exactly what you need. The sophisticated high-impact thermoplastic comes with premium quality material and is known for its strength and durability. It has a safety electrical tester, with a reset and test button. The LED indicator is particularly useful for displaying the presence or absence of current. The device meets all safety standards with its 125 volts, 20 amps, and 60HZ. The outlet is also weather-resistant in the sense that it comes with inbuilt UV engineering to shield against corrosion. The GFCI Is perfect for bathrooms, kitchens, and should be 25 feet from heat sources. The intuitive LED lights show optimum working conditions and when the outlet goes bad, the LED lights will display light patterns to indicate. One thing that we really love about the GFCI is its tamper resistance, which is a permanent solution to childhood electric shocks. Its easy installation is also quite appealing.
- classic style: perfect for a traditional look or to keep things simple, this elegant wall lantern features seeded glass for an unexpected contemporary touch
- gfci outlet: a gfci (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlet with two receptacles built right into the base provides easy access to power outdoors with added protection from power surges, short circuits, and other electrical faults. simply turn on the light and plug-in your holiday décor, power tools, and more
- versatile placement: easily add this piece to your front porch, back deck, or garage wall for extra light at night
- easy-to-install: all mounting hardware is included for quick and easy installation
- bulb information: requires one 60w medium base bulb or equivalent (sold separately). sconce type: coach light, voltage type: line voltage
The beauty of simplicity and elegance is clearly observed in the features of the glass lantern with two GFCI outlets built-in for easily accessible power and more innovative décor. The light can be installed anywhere around the house such as the garage and the front porch. The aluminum material of the contemporary design light lantern is strong and durable. Functionality is everything when it comes to Home Luminaire. The timeless look of the outdoors-style lantern with outlets is perfect for woodwork in the garage as well as any other activity.
The single most important thing to remember is that outlets make your work-life easy. There is so much need for outlets and you may be amazed at the number of outlets that are currently in permanent use at your home. Those who work from home or have a garage workspace can understand the need for more strategically placed outlets however, when purchasing outlets for your garage workshop you may want to look beyond the boring regular types and go for something that would up your work game, providing you with a ton of other functions that would also complement your work.
Taking a close look at our exclusive list of outlet boxes you would notice that each one provides you with more than just a power source. There are a vast number of outlets in the market with various features but then you need to also factor in durability, versatility, capacity, and cost. Our options are some of the best quality outlet boxes, all at affordable prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Even though some of these outlet boxes may be easy to install, it is best to consult an electrician who would proffer the best solutions on safety and wiring effectively.
This is dependent on the device or machine that you need to plug in and its extensions. Most garages would use 12 to 16 inches above the floor. You should also consider higher electric outlets depending on what machinery or electronic you would be using; an AC would certainly require a higher connection.
It is a requirement that all garage outlets are GFCI protected with no exceptions. This stipulation includes all 125 volts, 15 to 20 amp, single-phase outlets. The National Electric Code (NEC) and the International Residential Code (IRC) require these standards.
There is a rule of thumb that one could follow to determine the number of outlets that one could use in a particular space. If one assigns a unit of 1.5 amps to each outlet this allows at least 10 outlet receptacles for a 20 amp circuit.
There are many reasons why you need the help of an electrician to install an electrical outlet. It is important that the installment is licensed and installed according to code. A qualified electrician can walk you through the process of securing a permit and other additional requirements.
Outlet boxes come in various shapes, sizes, designs, materials, and others. Purchasing one may be challenging if you are not so familiar with the typical features.