Cycling enthusiasts understand the struggle that comes with storing bikes in garages. To keep the garage organized while having the bikes stored in a convenient, easy to access area can be a hassle especially for garages with limited space. This is where MTB storing racks comes in handy.
5 Best-Selling MTB Racks for Garage
- 1. Ibera Horizontal MTB Wall Rack with Adjustable Angle
- 2. Cyclingdeal MTB Floor Rack for Multiple Bikes
- 3. Monkey Bars MTB Wall Rack Hooks for Garage
- 4. Saris Glide MTB Ceiling Rack
- 5. Pro Bike Adjustable MTB Wall Rack
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
The storage racks allow you multiple options, some of which frees up floor space. You can get floor, wall, or ceiling racks that hold single or multiple bikes. If you live in a place that doesn’t allow drilling, you can get free-standing racks. Let’s look at the options available to you.
Reviews of Top Rated MTB Racks for Garage
- the wall hanger's angle (45°) can adjust to keep your bike level. correct height for hanger tyres should sit atleast 4 inch off floor or ground. bracket must be mounted 2 hole side up
- designed as a horizontal mounting wall hanger for a single bike to save floor space. weight limit- 39.6 pounds
- the sturdy and durable construction made out of aluminum makes this hanger safe for bikes to hang on the wall
- the double arm hanger has padded abs arms to keep the bike secure and protects against paint damage
- suitable for most conventional bike frames. hanger beam length is adjustable to fit narrow or wide handlebars
If it is important to you that the bike stays level horizontally, then the Ibera Horizontal MTB wall rack is the solution for you. This wall hanger’s 45-degree handles can be adjusted to keep the bike off the floor. Its bean can be extended up to 12 inches so as to fit the bike’s handlebars.
Installation can be done on concrete or masonry wall, should be done at least 4 inches off the floor, and should be mounted with the 2-hole side up. Garages whose walls are either board, drywall, or plasterboard may need a wood stud if this wall rack is to be used safely. The rack can hold only one bike.
Made of aluminum, this bike hanger features two arms that are adequately padded to protect the paintwork. The hanger is sturdy, durable, and can be used with most bikes that have a conventional frame.
- stable: we have redesigned our value bike floor rack. the unique 2 holding plates both with tire grooves are at optimized holding angle. this fantastic feature ensures bikes vertically held in the bike stands. please insert your bikes in different directions in order to fit 5 bikes in the stand. for example: one front wheel, the second one back wheel. or please reverse one or more the bike holder(s), so the bikes could be inserted from both sides if there is large space.
- strong: the stand is made of quality steel. also powder coated black finish is for long lasting. it is recommended to be used indoor only. the front and back plates holding system prevents the up holder (supporting the wheels) getting wider at the top. the wide holder will affect the bike holding stability.
- easy to use: the bike stand holders are all linked together, so the stand is heavier and more solid than single bike stand. please watch our detailed instruction video in the listing.
- compatibility: the rack is designed for all wheel size bikes from the range of 12" to 20" kids bikes, 20" to 24" bmx bikes, 26" to 29" mtb and 700c road bikes. max tire width: 2.5". limitations: 12" to 20" kids bikes only sit in the front holder, so please insert the back into the hold. disc rotor could touch the bike rack although it would not bend. bike hubs may touch the bike stand holders too.
- order now, worry free! we're so confident about our product quality that we can provide 5-year warranty!
Storing up to 5 bikes, this Cyclingdeal MTB floor rack sure helps to keep the garage organized. It comes with steel alloy wire grooves with optimal holding angles to keep the bikes vertically stored. While it is pretty heavy since it is a single stand for all 5 bikes, it is considerably easy to set up and use.
The rack can be used to store a range of bike sizes, up to 20-inch kids, up to 24-inch BMX bikes, up to 29-inch MTB bikes, and 700c road bikes. The rack is sturdy and is designed for stability and strength. It is made to suit tires that are up to 2.5 inches wide.
- largest bike storage rack: holds up to 6 bikes in 4 feet and includes an additional bracket to store up to 300lbs.
- updated hook design: hooks safely adjust side to side but never disconnect from the bar.
- contoured bike hooks: rubber coated bike hangers are redesigned to reduce torque placed on rims and spokes.
- adjustable bike hooks: rubber coated bike hangers slide easily across the bar for adjustable bike storage.
- easy installation: basic tools needed for a basic installation in 15 minutes. durable hardware included.
Monkey Bars MTB wall rack is one of the largest garage bike organization racks, holding up to 6 bikes! It comes with a wall bracket and hooks on which the bikes can be hang. The rack can support up to 300 lbs.
The rubber-coated industrial steel hooks protect the bikes’ paintwork and are designed to reduce torque that is placed on the spokes and rims. These hooks also make it easy to slide across the bar when you need to arrange the bikes.
- ceiling mounted indoor bike storage rack holds up to four bikes
- built with 100% recyclable, non-rusting materials
- suspension hooks adjust to the bicycle wheelbase automatically
- ceiling mounted indoor bike storage rack holds up to four bikes
- patented glider design offers individual access to each bike
Holding up to 4 bikes, this Saris Glide MTB Ceiling Rack is a sturdy, non-rust steel ceiling rack that has a weight capacity of up to 200lbs. The suspension hooks are adjustable which works with the bikes’ wheelbase regardless of size. The rack allows easy access to each bike. If you have more than 4 bikes, you can purchase add-ons separately.
The rack is easy to install and use; it is the perfect solution when you need to free up space in the garage. The bikes are easy to access and the rack stores the bikes at arm’s length. The hooks can accommodate a bike wheelbase of up to 56” with a tire width of up to 2.5”.
- save space & conveniently store your bikes - free-up your floor space - keep your garage or indoor space tidy and clutter-free. our high-quality & future proof wall bike storage unit is great for garages, storage sheds, homes and apartments. bike rack is 66” inches (167cm) wide, making it the widest 6 bike wall rack in the market. can hold bikes up to 30kg / 66.2 lbs weight load per bike. not compatible with heavy e-bikes!
- strong, safe & secure bike wall storage – store your bikes in a vertical position, allowing for convenient storage and removal. the heavy-duty bike wall rack features a high strength aluminium extrusion rail for supporting heavy loads. 6 bike wall rack set includes 2 bikes racks which can either be installed separately or joined together as one continuous rail. we’re also sure you agree, that it’s the best-looking bicycle wall rack in the market and will look awesome in your garage or home!
- fits different wheel sizes – wide oversized hooks fit wheels / tires up to 5" vs competition under 3”. storage system fits most bike types: road, cyclocross, touring, hybrid, bmx, kids, mtb, beach cruisers and even fat bikes. high quality ‘dip coated’ hooks offer wheels great protection when hung. hook design is ‘angled’ making it easy to mount bikes and takes the pressure off the wheels, rims and spokes.
- easy to install in minutes with detailed instructions, mounting screws and bolts included. check out our helpful ‘how to videos’ in the ‘videos for this product’ section. bike rack is 66” inches (167cm) wide and can hold bikes up to 30kg / 66.2 lbs weight load per bike. hanger is compatible with standard us ‘2 x 4’ (or '2 x '6) wooden stud (1.5” wide x 3.5” deep) which is 16” inches (406mm) from each other’s center. not compatible with stud which is 12” or 24” inches from each other’s center.
- pro quality – we’re so confident about our top-quality racks that if you have any product issues, we’re very happy to either provide a refund or a replacement on your purchase! we’re also here to support you if you have any questions or queries, please get in touch and we’ll gladly help. important: only install bike wall rack on a solid stud, beam, masonry or concrete wall. do not install on ‘unsupported’ wall surfaces e.g. plasterboard wall unless there is a strong wooden stud behind it.
If you have up to 6 bikes and would like to free up floor space, this Pro Bike Adjustable is a sturdy MTB wall rack that can come in handy. It is 66 inches wide and can hold up to 66 lbs. weight load per bike. It is perfect for a range of bike types. While it is not heavy, it is sturdy and durable. It allows vertical storage for convenience and easy access.
The rack comes with high-grade, coated hooks that protect the bikes during storage. The angled hook design takes the pressure away from the wheels, spokes, and rims during storage. The hooks are large enough to fit bikes whose wheels are up to 5 inches wide. The rack is easy to install and works well with masonry, concrete, beam, or solid stud walls.
1. Your Storage Needs
Do you want a simple rack to keep your garage organized or you are looking for solutions that will help you free up some space? You can get a freestanding rack for easy organization or if you need your children or the elderly to access them without assistance. Wall racks free up floor space while giving easy access. Ceiling-mounted racks free up garage space.
2. Number of Bikes
Choose a rack that will serve you well depending on the number of bikes, their wheel width, weight, and other dimensions. Manufacturers indicate the capacities of the racks in the product description.
3. Rack Material
Mountain bikes are not exactly light. Therefore, it is essential to pick a sturdy rack that is made of either aluminum, steel, or any other material that can hold heavy items without falling apart. The joints of the rack should be tough enough to withstand the weight of the bikes without compromising the mounting. The rack should also be coated with a material (e.g., rubber or foam) that doesn’t leave scratches on the bike.
4. Adjustable Racks
Over time, you may change bikes or add some. Therefore, it is best to get an adjustable rack that can fit differing bike frames without causing damage. Be sure to check the dimensions of the bikes and frames that the rack can fit – go with the adjustable option.
5. Ease of Installation
The best racks are easy to install, and they come with all the necessary installation accessories. You should only buy a rack that comes with clear installation instructions so as to ensure optimal functionality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Storage racks come with accompanying accessories such as hooks, hangers, and mounts. In most instances, you will not be required to buy separate accessories. However, when you get a rack that needs additional accessories, be sure to check if they fit well with your stand or rack.
While most experts say that it is okay, some argue that this could be damaging. Additionally, it can cause airflow to the calipers which can result in squishy brakes. Therefore, while hanging by one wheel is better than leaving the bike outside in the damaging elements, it would be better to keep it balanced in storage.
In most cases, yes. However, it depends on the type of rack you have chosen. Either way, anchoring kits give additional support. Check with the manufacturer for details on whether the rack you choose will need additional anchoring.
Finding the right MTB racks for a garage is quite easy – if you know what to look for. Always check the product description section to verify the dimensions of the bike rack/stand.
- 5 Best Oil-Based Paints for Garage Floors: How to Choose a Protective yet Gorgeous Paint for Garage Floors - March 11, 2021
- 5 Best Oscillating Heater for Garage - March 10, 2021
- 5 Best MTB Racks for Garage: What to Look For in a Garage Bike Rack - February 26, 2021