If you are faced with garage doors that squeak and squeal, know that you are not alone. Nothing is as frustrating as being unable to step out of your garage without the noise. Thankfully, with the best lubricant for garage door rollers, this can be a thing of the past.
5 Best-Selling Lubricants for Garage Door Rollers
- 1. WD-40 300240 Specialist White Lithium Grease Spray
- 2. Genie Screw Drive Lube
- 3. Blaster Garage Door Lubricant
- 4. Liquid Wrench L112-4PK Penetrating Oil Spray
- 5. Permatex 81343-12 PK Anti-Seize Lubricant
- Types of Lubricants
- Frequently Asked Questions
Apart from fixing the problem, the right lubricant will extend the life of your door’s rollers. But how do you end up with the best? Read on to learn about the top 5 lubricants for garage doors today.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Lubricants for Garage Door Rollers
- wd-40 specialist protective white lithium grease spray with smart straw sprays 2 ways, 10 oz
- ideal for metal-to-metal applications that require heavy-duty lubrication and protection against rust and corrosion
- sprays on evenly as a liquid and sets dry for a thick, protective coating that won't run off. safe from 0° f to 300° f for unbeatable protection
- sprays on easily with a thick, protective coating for auto hinges, gears, sprockets, latches, door tracks, pulleys, cables, and more
- excellent for lubricating equipment before placing in storage, and is 50-state voc compliant
When it comes to automotive and household lubricants, WD-40 is the king. Designed to work in areas where metals are moving against each other, this is the right lubricant for your garage doors.
To make it easy to direct it has a long nozzle. Fitted with a redesigned spray head, you won’t have to fiddle around with it. Instead, you just push the straw and it will snap into position.
It works brilliantly on gears, hinges, tracks, and other parts of the door. It will also keep the door working smoothly so you can avoid any annoying squeaks.
Caution: avoid using it on rubber parts of the door. As a very powerful chemical, it can quickly eat through the rubber. Overall it’s a good product that does exactly what it’s meant to do.
- reduce garage door opener noise: apply this screw drive lube annually to reduce garage door opener noise, for smooth operation and to prolong the long life of screw drive rail.
- designed for genie garage door openers: this screw drive lube is designed specifically for genie screw drive opener rails, and is the only recommended lubricant for genie garage door openers.
- applies easily: the lithium-grease composition applies quickly and easily, and one tube lubricates the entire screw drive.
- great value: sold as a 3-pack, and one tube lubricates an entire screw drive, so you have plenty of screw drive lube for all your future needs!
- once a year application: screw drive lubrication is recommended for application in 1 in. dabs at 3 points along the rail once per year for best results. when used regularly, it will enhance the performance of your garage door opener.
Designed specifically for garage doors, Genie Screw Drive Lube is one of the best lubricants out there. By protecting your door rollers, hinges, and opener, it will significantly reduce the noise when opening and closing the door.
Since it comes with a screwdriver lube it’s a little bit different from other sprays. With each purchase, you are given three little tubes of gel which is enough to last a year or even longer.
To use it, simply apply a little to the part you’ll like to lubricate and then rub it well. While your hands will get a little grimy you’ll have to do this once a year.
If you are confused about the right lubricant to use, it’s definitely a top-quality one.
- formulated to replace messy aerosol grease products
- incorporates lubrication and lasting protection of silicone with an extreme pressure agent
- provides superior lubrication, protection and cleanliness
- proprietary formula leaves a tack-free film - will not accumulate dust or dirt
As a silicone-based lubricant, Blaster Garage Door Lubricant comes with an active ingredient that will keep your components moving smoothly over each other thus reducing wear and tear.
If you want to get rid of those annoying squeaks, this is a good choice. Once you spray it on the rollers hinges and cables, you are good to go.
However, one thing that you must know is that it’s a thinner spray. With that said you must be ready for some drips. You should, therefore, have cardboard under the rollers to catch them while spraying.
You should also allow some time after application before opening or closing the door. Unlike others, you https://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Wrench-L112-4-4PKLIQUID-Penetrating/dp/B00J5LZ5KA/?tag=td-default-21&th=1can use it indoors.
One of the best things about Liquid Wrench is that it comes with a quick-drying formula. After spraying it on the rollers, hinges, and gears, it will quickly evaporate.
This means you don’t have to wait for the door to dry before you can open and close it. Plus, once you are done you can operate your door for long without worrying about re-applying it.
Featuring a high-quality Cerflon material, it’s meant to provide you with a long-lasting efficiency. It will also help you get rid of rust and fight corrosion.
While it works well at making your door move smoothly, it smells bad. This means you’ll want to wear a mask to prevent the smell. If you are looking for a product that works when nothing else could this is the way to go.
- highly refined blend of aluminum, copper and graphite lubricants
- salt, corrosion and moisture resistant, this lubricant is ideal for marine use
- prevents galling, corrosion and seizing and to assure easier disassembly
- lubricates door hinges, latches, garage door tracks, brake cables, chains, air tools, and thousands of other applications
- temperature range: -60f to 1600f
Permatex 81343-12 PK is a high-quality product that works well in areas where other products fail. As one of the best products, you can use it on air tools, door tracks, garage door hinges, cables, and all the other metal surfaces.
This makes it among the best lubricants for garage door rollers. Apart from offering protection against moisture and corrosion, it will make your garage door move without any noise.
Made with a combination of graphite, copper, and aluminum, it will greatly shield your door against wear and tear.
Although there are several products out there, nothing works as well as Permatex 81343-12 PK Anti-Seize Lubricant. With all its features and components, it’s a product you can rely on.
Types of Lubricants
If you want your garage door to move smoothly, you need to choose standard lubricant oil. All you should do is to spray or apply it to the penetrating parts. However, since using the oil can be messy, you should only choose it if you can handle the mess.
While WD-40 is commonly used for lubricating the door it’s not a lubricant as per sa. Since it may result in much wear and tear, you can only opt for it if you are ready to accommodate this.
As one of the best lubricants, Grease can also be used to lubricate the garage door rollers. However, it may not work well in some parts. As compared to oil it’s prone to dirt and dust that can form grime and affect the moving parts. This means it might not be the best lubricant to use.
4. Silicone Grease
When looking for the right lubricant, silicone grease is a good option. Once applied, it will perfectly stay on the component of the door. It will also prevent rust, corrosion, or any dirt build-up. Plus, it’s waterproof hence will shield your door against snow or rain. It can also withstand all the weather conditions thus making it the best to use in any place.
5. White Lithium Grease
When it comes to lubricants for garage door rollers, white lithium grease is the most recommended. It’s generally formed as a mixture of oil and soap. Although it’s not much water-resistant, it can stand the temperature range and easily withstand the fluctuations. This makes it suitable for parts that can be subjected to extreme heat and extreme cold.
Frequently Asked Questions
To ensure your garage door opens and closes smoothly and get rid of creaking noises. Lubricants will also help you prevent corrosion and rust.
If a lubricant accidentally reaches your skin, clean it off with soap and water. You should also avoid touching your eyes face. To protect yourself from all these, you need to wear a mask, gloves, and protective eyewear.
While this depends on the condition of your garage door rollers, it’s advisable to do this after every 3 months. But, if you are using the best lubricants, your doors can stay for up to a year. Overall good maintenance and regular lubrication will increase the lifespan.
Yes, there are instances when you can use lubricant in place of grease. However, the lubricant must exhibit the same features found in grease
When it comes to choosing the right lubricant for garage door rollers, you need to stay informed. By reviewing and checking out all the lubricants in the market, you’ll end up with the best. If you are still confused about this, this guide will help you.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021