It is important that you keep your garage side door secure. If you do not, then thieves and robbers might end up using your garage side door as their entryway to your home.
5 Best-Selling Locks for Garage Side Door
- 1. HuTools Keyless Entry Door Lock
- 2. ULTRALOQ U-Bolt Smart Lock (Satin Nickel) 5-in-1 Keyless Entry Door Lock
- 3. Cranch Door Security Slide Latch Lock 3 inch Barrel Bolt
- 4. Amazon Basics Exterior Door Knob With Lock Classic Satin Nickel
- 5. Amazon Basics Victory Door Lever With Lock Satin Nickel
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
These days, there are so many types of locks that you can choose from. You can choose from traditional ones or those that make use of keys, or those modern ones that only need a number combination to open.
Note that you cannot just buy the first lock that you see in an online store or hardware store. You have to consider factors such as the material of your garage side door, the quality of the materials used to produce the lock, the mechanism of the lock, and the price, just to name a few. If you are not quite certain which one to get, then this article just might be able to help you out.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Locks for Garage Side Door
Sick of having to carry around a key for your garage side door that you always end up losing? If you are, you might want to consider getting a Smart Lock such as this one, which only requires you to enter a number combination. You also do not have to worry about keying in your code in the dead of night since the keypad of this Smart Lock is backlit. It also has a unique vacation mode feature, which blocks all codes and this can come in handy if you are planning to go on a trip. This Smart Lock is also easy to install.
- 5-in-1 keyless entry smart door lock: anti-peep keypad + smartphone + auto unlock + shake to open + mechanical key.
- control your ultraloq smart door lock via bluetooth: lock, unlock, share access and see a log of who’s entered and exactly when they did using smartphone app. grant access to your family, guests or service people via a code or an ekey for permanent access, specific dates or periods of time. ultraloq bridge wifi adaptor is required for remote access (sold separately).
- auto lock and auto unlock: smart door lock automatically locks as you leave and unlocks when you arrive at your door with your smartphone in your pocket.
- illuminated anti-peep keypad: add random digits to protect your passcode from prying eyes. even at night with the bright backlight. up to 60 customizable 4-8 digits codes. up to 111 million different code combinations for highest security level.
- diy installation: replace your current deadbolt with just a screwdriver. ip65 rated dust and weatherproof external lock built to withstand heat and cold. backed by ultraloq, world’s leading smart door lock brand with more than 1 million happy american users. plus lifetime mechanical warranty and 18 months electronic warranty.
This is one of the coolest locks you can probably find on Amazon. It does not just give you the option to unlock the door using a certain combination of digits. You can use your smartphone as a controller as well. It is powered by four AA batteries, but even so it takes a long time for its power to run out. If the battery drops, a notification is sent to your phone so you know when to replace the batteries.
- 🔒【keep safe & private】:cranach door slide latch lock is upgraded from old style door bolt, 2 times stronger than normal barrel bolt to keep you safe and private. extra security for your bathroom, bedroom, cupboards and other indoor doors. it's small but will hold your door shut firmly. keep those pesty intruders away with this high quality door latch lock.
- 🔒【stronger & durable】: cranach barrel bolt made with heavy duty steel ,the solid door latch has been tested more than 500,000 times operation. cranach latch lock used latest electroplating and polishing technology to ensure a perfect long lasting. brushed nickle finish surface slide lock which improves corrosion resistance, enhance wear resistance and hardness, protects the metal surface and have a good insulation performance.
- 🔒【dual direction install】: centerset design barrel bolt which great for either side installation,that means the bolt can be pushed to left or right and bolt lock also can be installed on left or right. barrel latch perfect for using on vertical, horizontal applications,in vertical using, the notch-in case holds the bolt in a locked position.
- 🔒【easy to install】: cranach door latch lock is upgraded with better performance and durability.use power screwdriver and drill to mount this door slide lock on your door frame ,finish diy barrel latch lock installation less than 5 minutes. cranach door slide latch lock is useful for doors, chests, cabinets, wooden wickets, windows, fences, kennels,bathroom,bedroom,bar.
- 🔒【satified warranty】 : cranach barrel bolt latch keep you safe and private, this solid door bolts are guaranteed to remain as good as new for a very long time. if however, you are not entirely thrilled with your purchase for any reason! cranach door bolt locks are covered under our satisfaction guarantee!
If you are not a fan of modern locks that use smartphones, you can very easily just install a barrel bolt such as this one in the inner side of your garage door. It is made of heavy duty steel, so you can be sure that it will not easily break. The installation process for this lock is also straightforward--you just have to screw it in.
- brass body; steel internal structure
- adjustable latch from 2-3/8 - 2-3/4 inches (60-70mm)
- includes two (2) brass keys, kw1 keyway, rounded steel faceplate and strike, and zinc alloy latch bolt
- detailed installation instructions included
- backed by an amazon basics 1-year limited warranty
This lock has a body that is made of brass and it has a one year warranty in case you encounter any issues with the product. It is very affordable, but even so, it is tough and it works smoothly.
- easy installation with standard phillips head screwdriver
- fully reversible lever; can be installed on both right-handed and left-handed doors
- fits all doors 1-3/8" to 1-3/4" in thickness
- 6-way adjustable latch to fit any 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" backset
- certified grade-3 security by ansi/bhma
Looking for something that has a pretty classic appearance? If you are, then you might want to get this door lever with lock manufactured by Amazon Basics. You can easily install it into your door just with the use of a screwdriver.
The first thing you should consider when looking for a door lock for your garage side door is quality. Locks that are of poor quality might get worn out more easily, so make sure to buy something that is durable. However, note that you might have to spend more for a high quality lock.
2. Ease of Use and Installation
If you are going to buy a lock for your garage side door, make sure that it is something that you will be comfortable using. Also, consider if it is something that you can install by yourself so you will not have to hire anyone to do it for you.
3. Traditional or Smart Lock
There are many types of door locks that you can choose from nowadays. If modern locks confuse you, then you might want to consider buying traditional ones such as deadbolts or the ones that use keys instead of remotes or smartphones.
Price is one of the things to consider when buying a lock. Simpler ones such as deadbolts tend to be more affordable, while smart locks cost more. Price does not automatically determine an item’s quality, but note that high quality locks tend to be more expensive since they are made of tough material.
Frequently Asked Questions
That depends. If you prefer something modern and if you know it is going to be better for you, then go for it. However, there are those who find it easier to use traditional locks that make use of keys.
Traditional ones like plain deadbolts cost less than $10. Smart locks can cost you around $100 or higher.
No. Traditional locks that need keys might need to be oiled after quite some time to make sure they consistently run smoothly, but that’s about it. Also, you have to clean them from time to time.
You can get them online or from hardware stores.
You can control them using your phone or you can open them by just entering a number combination and you will never have to worry about losing your key.
Security is an important thing to consider in your home. You must never forget to keep all of your windows shut and your doors--including your garage door--locked properly at all times, most especially when you know that there is going to be nobody at home.
This is why it is important that you choose the perfect lock for your garage door. Different garage doors are made of different types of materials so you have to consider that and several other factors.