While garage doors are very important, they rarely get attention. Most homeowners are usually satisfied with what comes with the door after purchase. They may also re-use the lock they have when the door is replaced.
5 Best-Selling Lock for Garage Side Door
- 1. Heavy Duty Inside Deadlock – Galvanized Steel Garage Door Side Lock
- 2. National Hardware N280-727 V7646 Side Locks in Zinc
- 3. Accessories 22 Side Lock
- 4. Prime-Line GD 52118 Inside Deadlock – Heavy Duty Galvanized Housing
- 5. Generic T-Handle Garage Door Lock
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
The truth is most home break-ins take place through the garage door. It’s, therefore, wise to evaluate your garage side door, replace or update it. With the current technology, garage door locks are built in such a way that you can put them as per with the rest of your home.
This article will show you how to choose the best lock for a garage side door. You’ll also find top 5 list of the best types of locks
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Lock for Garage Side Door
- ★premium quality: this heavy duty inside deadlock is made by high quality galvanized steel, provides peace of mind and extra security, very durable even in a long term-usage
- ★extra security protection: use our heavy-duty galvanized garage side lock serve as an additional security lock for nights, vacations, and more
- ★works only from inside: the deadlock engages in a vertical track and works only from the inside as an additional security lock
- ★easy to install: installation is quick and easy, and the garage door side lock fits most garage doors
- ★check the size and compare with your door before you buy, make sure it fit your door. if you have any problem, please don't hesitate to contact us, we'll reply within 24 hours
Made of premium quality galvanized steel, this lock for the garage side door provides you with extra security and peace of mind. Unlike others, it’s very durable even in long term.
Coming with extra security protection, it can serve as an additional security lock for vacations, nights, and much more.
Working only from the inside, it engages in a vertical track to ensure that you get additional security. Simple and easy to install, you can set it up and start using it within minutes. If you have any problem, do not hesitate to contact the company.
Plus, for easy installation, it comes with 8 screws and 1 lock assembly. If you are looking for a way to secure your garage door, it’s the right lock for you.
- authorized replacement for stanley hardware stock #s730-930
- the product is 5-1/2" garage door side lock
- elegant and smooth finish
- the product is manufactured in china
- mounts with screws to inside edges of sectional doors
As compared to other garage locks for side door, National Hardware N280-727 is quite simple and easy to install. You just need to install it on one side and use fasteners to fix it.
With just a drill and 10 screws, you’ll get the job done within a very short time. Durable and resultant, once you install it well you can expect it to last long.
It also has an elegant design to ensure it looks well on your garage door. Certainly, it’s one of the best garage locks for side doors.
Additionally, its robust structure will resist high impacts much better than other locks. Regardless of the size of your garage door, it will fit quite well.
If you are planning to go for a vacation this is the right lock for you.
- security lock for sectional garage doors
- made for garage doors without garage door operator
If you are looking for a cheap lock for your garage side door, this is the right option. Offering good security and superior resistance against deformation, this lock won’t let you down.
The fact that it’s cheap does not mean it’s ineffective. Since it’s compatible with most doors you just need to install it and start using it.
It’s perhaps the only excellent product that comes at a low cost. It’s not as sturdy and stylish as others but it does its job perfectly well.
It’s also easy to install hence you don’t need complex tools. One thing you’ll love about it is the security aspects.
As one of the best garage door locks, nobody will open your door when you are away. Even if the garage door opener is not working you can open and close it manually.
Overall it can be described as a decent product at a great price.
- security lock – use this heavy duty galvanized inside deadlock as an additional security lock for nights, vacations and more.
- works only from inside – this type of deadlock engages in a vertical track, and works only from the inside as an additional security lock.
- easy installation – installation is quick and easy, and the deadlock fits most garage doors.
- heavy duty – made of heavy-duty galvanized steel, this inside lock provides peace of mind and extra security, plus it’s durable and made to last.
- sizing – this steel slide bolt is 7/8in. wide x 1/8in. thick with heavy duty galvanized steel housing.
Prime-Line GD 52118 is a heavy-duty galvanized garage lock for a side door that’s meant to provide you with additional security during the nights and vacations. Given that it works only from the inside, it engages in a vertical track to give you the best security.
Simple and easy to install, you’ll install it within minutes. The fact that it’s versatile means it fits most garage doors. Constructed of heavy-duty galvanized steel this door lock will offer you extra security that’ll give you peace of mind.
One thing you’ll like is how sturdy it is. You can even install it alone. If you are stuck along the way you can do a search on YouTube.
It’s a great value with a good looking heavy-duty unit. Moreover, it will provide you with a quality replacement.
- 1.garage door lock set is a universal replacement lock for campers, recreational vehicles and garage doors
- 2. our keyed t ¨c handle set is bright chrome finish
- 3. the lock key sets with 1-13/16" long blind mount posts for 2" thick door
- 4. zic plated 5/16" square x 4-1/4" long shaft,90 degree rotation
- 5. includes shaft clip and 2 pcs keys
If you are looking for a garage lock that’s suitable for a 2-inch door, the Generic T-Handle Garage Door lock is the right lock for you. Featuring a chrome finish, it will provide you with superior resistance and an eye-catching appearance.
In addition, it will ensure that the security of your garage and home is reinforced. A compared to others, it’s easy to install hence you don’t need any complicated tools.
If you are concerned about the safety of your garage, this lock will serve you just well. With this lock, you’ll open and close your garage door without any problem.
However, since its keys can easily break, make sure you have extra keys just in case.
When looking for the best garage lock for side door, the material of the lock plays a very important role. So, make sure the material is sturdy and rust-resistant. Examples of the best materials to choose from are steel, aluminum, brass, and iron.
The size of your garage lock should also match the door. If your rage door is too heavy or big, choosing a small lock will not help you.
While not all general locks are bad when you buy one you are putting your garage at risk. With this in mind choose locks from a well-known brand. Before settling for one research on the brand so you can end up with the right lock.
The metal case of the lock should also have a good coating. Given that most metals are prone to rust, if you live in a humid area your lock must have a coating. Some of the best coatings to consider include zinc and chrome plating. You can also consider aluminum paint. While it’s not that fancy it will work just well.
Just like other products, considering the price is very important. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money you need to consider a number of options. You can also visit several websites and physical stores to compare the prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Right now chrome steel is perhaps the best material. It not only provides a glossy and elegant finish but it also has superior resistance.
These locks usually have a latch used to close them. After turning the key or the thump, the latch will protrude and insert into the vertical track.
You can always secure your garage door with a lock from the outside. This will remind you to unlock it before using the door opener.
Yes, you can use a key to lock your garage door from both sides. You just need to insert the key and turn it in. This will allow you to retract or push the locking latch quickly.
Thankfully, there are several locks that you can use to do this. But before buying one check the quality of the lock so you can get the best.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021