You may not notice it but one of the most important parts of your garage door is actually the spring. Basically, what spring does is counterbalance. When you notice something wrong with your garage door, one of the things you should probably check is the spring.
5 Best-Selling Heavy Duty Spring for Garage Door
- 1. ZhenT Garage Door Torsion Springs 2” (Pair)
- 2. SS Pair of 225 X 2″ X 22″ – 36″ Garage Door Torsion Springs
- 3. DURA-LIFT .250 x 2″ x 33″ Torsion Garage Springs
- 4. GDN Garage Door Torsion Spring
- 5. Prime-Line Products GD 12308 Garage Door Torsion Spring
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
the door’s weight so that you can easily open and close it.
Note that spring has to be really tough to do its job, or else your garage door will not function the way it’s supposed to.
Note that garage door springs are dangerous and replacing them the wrong way can result in untoward accidents or injuries. Thus, you should know the right way to fix it if ever it does get damaged. If you are not quite sure which spring to get for your garage, then consider the ones listed here.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Heavy Duty Spring for Garage Door
- replace broken springs：use this pair of high quality garage door torsion springs to replace old broken garage door springs. it includes stationary and winding cones.
- high quality product:made of heat treated steel coils with aluminum cones to make sure they are extremely heavy duty.surface coated black for smoother, cleaner operation and also corrosion resistant and oil tempered for longer life.
- service life:for use on doors 7' or 8' high doors with 4" standard lift drums. engineered for maximum application range. minimum 10,000 cycles, at +/- 7.5 lbs of target door weight.
- easy to install:we also offer a pair of winding bars,they will help install new or replace old, rusty springs quickly (professional installation recommended).
- dimension:.207” wire size x 2” inside dimension x 22” length.important:please purchase after confirming that the outer diameter,wire diameter and length are totally the same as the original product.
Is your garage door functioning more poorly than it used to? Not sure which garage door torsion spring to buy? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might want to check out this product, which is made of durable material. It is perfect for massive garage doors and it can last for more than 10,000 open and close cycles, which means it will take a long, long time before you have to replace it.
It is easy to install and the coils have been heat-treated to ensure that they are tough. The metal has also been coated to ensure that it will not rust easily and can function smoothly.
- torsion springs are black coated, corrosion resistant, oil tempered and made in the u.s.a.
- includes pair of springs(left and right), nylon bushing and winding bars
- springs come with a 3 year limited warranty
These garage door torsion springs are manufactured in the USA and they come in pairs, together with some winding bars and nylon bushing. These springs work perfectly well, and even though it has a three-year warranty, you might not have to use it because there aren’t really a lot of issues you can encounter with the product.
The metal has been black coated and oil tempered, and in addition to that, it is also corrosion resistant, so it will not get damaged by rust easily.
- springs for your sectional garage door - measure 20 coils to determine spring wire gauge (see 4th image) and coil-to-coil length to determine correct replacement spring
- simple installation - install new or replace old, rusty springs quickly (professional installation recommended)
- corrosion resistant - coated steel coils to help slow rusting process over spring life
- made in the usa - bringing back american manufacturing one spring at a time
- 1-year warranty - springs are warranted for 1 year from purchase date
These USA-made garage door torsion springs just might be exactly what you have been looking for. They have been coated such that they do not rust as easily as other metal items and even if you get something that has been “used” online, you can get something of high quality, because these springs are just that tough.
These springs will not give you a hard time with the entire installation process and if you ever encounter any issues with the product, do not worry since the item comes with a one-year warranty.
This garage door torsion spring is one of the best that you can purchase online. In addition to that, products made by this brand tend to be among the most affordable you can find, so if you want to save some money, consider buying from GDN.
Not only is this product affordable, it is durable, as well. This garage door torsion spring can be suitable even for double garage doors. It is pretty easy to install it even if you do the job yourself, however, it can be challenging to wind the spring.
- this right hand wound torsion spring is used for replacing broken garage door springs
- .218 in. wire size x 2 in. inside dimension x 25 in. length with orange color code
- when dual spring installations are involved, it is important to correctly install both the left & right wind springs during the same job
- spring includes stationary & winding cones. replacement requires use/purchase of item no. gd-52238 and a clear understanding of wire size and handing
- right hand springs are mounted to left side of center and left hand springs are mounted to the right side of center (inside the garage looking out).
If your garage door spring needs some replacing, considering getting this one. It is made of high quality materials and it is really tough, so you can be certain that one piece will last you a very long time. It is also easy to replace, however, you have to be extremely careful so that you do not hurt yourself. If you are uncertain about your ability to install it, it would probably be best to hire a professional to get the job done for you.
Not all garage doors have the exact same length. In the same way, torsion springs have various lengths. If you are going to buy a torsion spring, make sure you know the measurements of your garage door so that you do not end up buying something that is too short or too long.
One of the things we consider first when buying just about anything is the price. While it is tempting to buy a really cheap torsion spring, chances are, it is of poor quality, thus, it is essential that you know exactly what makes a good torsion spring so that you get your money’s worth and you know exactly what to look for and spend your money on once you’re at the store or searching online.
As in all things, you must consider the quality when purchasing a garage door torsion spring. This is important since the installation process can be tricky and if you install something that will only end up getting broken soon, then you end up having to buy a new one and go through the entire process all over again. A low quality torsion spring will make you waste money and time.
Look for a torsion spring that does not rust easily, is durable, and easy to install.
4. Ease of Installation
Garage door torsion springs can be quite challenging to install. Sure, you can do it yourself, however, if you are not certain about the process, then you just might end up hurting yourself. If you are not quite sure about your ability to install the torsion spring for your garage door, it would be a good idea to hire a professional to do the job for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
You might have to spend as much as a hundred bucks.
You can do it yourself if you are certain that you know what you are doing. Otherwise, consider hiring someone to do the work so that you can avoid getting into untoward incidents.
The ones in garage doors are either extension or torsion springs.
Purchase one from online stores and physical hardware stores.
Not really, especially if you buy something that has been coated already, so after installation, it will work smoothly right away and it also will not rust easily.
You might not realize it, but one of the most important parts of a garage door is actually the spring. The spring allows you to open and close your garage door with ease, thus, if you feel like there is something off with your garage door, one of the things you should check first is the spring.
Springs are usually quite challenging to install, so if you can’t do it yourself, make sure to prepare some cash so you can hire someone to do the job for you. Once your springs have been installed, your garage door will surely function smoothly again in no time.