Indoor planting is easy but quite tricky, unlike conventional outdoor planting where you are sure of the basic needs of your plants. Before planting indoors, there are a couple of things you need to take into cognizance: source of light needed for photosynthesis, highly fertile soil for growth and nutrients, then, the source of water.
5 Best-Selling Grow Lights for Garage Vegetables
- 1. Roleadro 75W LED Hydroponic Grow Light
- 2. Haus Bright Full spectrum LED indoors Grow Light Bulb
- 3. Ipower Dual Head Dimmable 10W Grow Light
- 4. Feit Electric Dual LED Grow Light
- 5. LED Green House Indoors Grow Light 150W
- Buyers Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike outdoor plants, the indoor types require water but not in excess, the soil should be just enough for the roots to draw nutrients from, and the light source has to be of a specific spectrum.
Placing your plant pot near the window for natural light seems like a good idea but there are just a few problems with this technique: your plant certainly requires more sunlight than your window can offer. Secondly, plants may develop an awkward growth pattern bending towards the window in order to seek out adequate light for themselves. The directional growth of plants towards a light source is called phototropism. The problem with this is that you would prefer an even growth pattern and structure in your plants rather than overlaps, bending twigs and branches, which can be quite an inconvenience.
Thanks to growing lights, you can grow your plants indoors, in the convenience of your garage. The grow light is an excellent solution to growing healthy greens in your garage, all you need to worry about is finding the best grow lights for garage vegetables as many of these lights come in different shapes, sizes, colors, and specifications. So, how can you tell which grow lights is perfect for your indoor plants?
We did a bit of research on a good number of Grow Lights and just a hand full made it to our list. We have prepared a shortlist of the absolute best grow lights for indoor planting to help you with making a choice. Here are the most recommended grow lights for garage vegetables.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Grow Lights for Garage Vegetables
- 【exclusive spectrum】roleadro grow lights adopted most useful grow light spectrum. the exclusive light spectrum contains 460-465nm, 620-740nm, 6000-6500k wave band, providing plants with a diverse spectrum of light and promotes their growth.with it, you can grow delicate tropicals that will bloom year-round, as well as letting you harvest easy-to-grow vegetables and herbs in the coldest winter days.
- 【excellent heat dissipation design】no longer worry about heat dissipation even with high power. we adopt aluminum cooling plate made of advanced small molecular material, plus a small heat sink for each chip to achieve excellent heat dissipation. all of these designs made heat efficient dissipation.
- 【easy set up】this led grow lights are lightweight and very easy to use with the upgraded hanging brackets, the system can be built in perfect sturdy condition within one minute. you can hang this lamp for anywhere you want. good structure and high-quality material selection make this indoor plant lamp is the best choice for gardeners.
- 【widely used】this seedling light can be used for both hydroponics and indoor plants in soil, such as orchid, papers potatoes, lettuce, chili, tomatoes, aquarium plants like algae that in greenhouse, garden, vertical farm, grow tent or grow room.
- 【reliable warranty and professional service】we are not only the seller but also a professional manufacturer with 11 years r&d and production experience of led light.all our products were strictly through high temperature test and check before sent out, 30 months warranty is our promise. with our grow lights, you can enjoy kinds of plants,veg and flowers in anti-season.any problem, you can just contact us, we will provide you the professional solution and support.
The Hydroponic grow lights is a top-tier product with 460-465 nm, 620-720 nm, and 6,000-6,500 k waveband. It comes in two specific light colors; red and blue. It is one of the most recommended grow lights for tropical plants and keeps seasonal vegetables blooming all year round. You don’t have to deal with seasonal interference such as autumn, and winter, which tend to affect the growth of your plant negatively. The Roleadro also features an aluminum cooling plate which helps to dissipate heat effectively. The grow light comes with hanging brackets and is easy to set up
- 💡 super bright - when compared to other led grow lights. don't settle for cheaper, weaker indoor plant lights. our full spectrum growing bulbs have been used by thousands of loyal customers for their beautiful indoor plants and seedlings. don't risk cheap led grow bulbs, get it right, get haus bright!
- 🌿 we love plants - just like you, we're plant parents. whether it's succulents, house plants, seed starting, garden, vegetable, orchids, tomatoes, cacti or flowers, our customers have tested our grow lamp on almost all indoor plants with amazing results. your plant babies deserve the very best!
- 🌈 exclusive bonuses - for haus bright customers only. follow the instructions provided to receive custom protective lens cover, value packed e-book, extended warranty and secret video. terms and conditions apply, you won't get this kind of extra value from any other full spectrum grow bulb!
- ⭐ we love our customers - our support team is here for you 24/7. every day we receive pictures of our loyal fans (and their plants) loving their new grow light bulb. we've also worked with hundreds of high profile plant influencers who swear by haus bright. it's the clear choice when choosing an led grow light bulb!
- 👍 the only choice - try our led grow light bulb and watch your plants come alive! we started in 2017 on a mission to help plant parents keep their indoor plants alive and thrive. we've helped so many, but our job isn't finished! get it right, get haus bright!
The Haus Bright certainly lives up to expectations with its durable Indoors light which produces 1,200 lumens of awesome brightness. It also produces 140 micromoles every second when using about 20 watts of energy. Whether it’s tomatoes, cactuses, flowers or other delicate plants, the LED bulb is efficient all year round and provides the consistency that your plants need to flourish.
- multiple uses: suitable for indoor plant seedlings grown in a hydroponic greenhouse or placed in your office. it helps to speed up the growth of potted plants, flowering plants, foliage, and succulent plants.
- red blue spectrum: the lamp has 40 efficient leds (26 red and 14 blue). red light promotes photosynthesis, germination, bloom and fruit bearing. blue light ensures the plants take in more energy through chlorophyll synthesis to help in germination.
- smart timer: the smart timer can help your light to turn off after 3h, 9h, 12h and turn on again for the next 24 hours cycle. note: once the usb power cord is unplug, you need to setting the timer again.
- adjustable gooseneck: the 360-degree rotatable necks allow you to light a wider area and emit light in any direction to provide energy to more plants. sturdy anti-slip clamp can hold the position for the best coverage around the plants.
- 11 dimmable modes & 3 switch modes: provide 11 dimmable modes and 3 lighting modes (red light, blue light or red & blue light) to meet different stages of plant-growing needs. package include: 1 x dual head led grow light, 1 x usb charger (5v 2a)
The Dual head is one of our all-time favorites due to its flexibility and convenient options. The corded electric light source comes with red and blue LED lights which are best for fruit-bearing, photosynthesis, germination, and other plant activities. It features a smart timer that can turn on and off in durations of 3 hours, 9 hours, 12 hours, and 24 hours cycle. Its adjustable gooseneck is flexible for all kinds of repositioning. It has a strong anti-slip clamp for stability. The light bulb is dimmable by 3 levels and perfect for hydroponic greenhouses.
- grow plants indoors - if you're looking for an easy and efficient way to grow plants indoors, look no further than the feit electric glp24fs/19w/led full spectrum plant grow light. this light provides your plants with the full spectrum of light to help achieve optimum growth
- grow more with less - designed to replace traditional greenhouse lighting, our led grow lights deliver superior growing results using less electricity than traditional horticulture lighting and operate cooler than hps lamps to guard against leaf burn
- dual full spectrum lights - our led grow lights are ideal for greenhouse, horticulture, hydroponic or aquaponics planting and indoor gardening; the lights emit more blue spectrum wavelengths and color for the appropriate photosynthetic response
- features - this 24” energy-efficient led grow light fixture emits more light in the useful 450nm blue and 655 nm red spectrum than regular white light; blue light promotes tall leafy plants, vegetative growth and the red light encourages budding, flowering, and fruiting
- ul certified and fcc compliant – feit electric upholds the highest standards for all our products with optimal performance and safety; check out our other plant grow light! with 40+ years of experience in lighting, we are the leader in lighting innovations
Take your greenhouse game to a whole new level with the superior power of the Feit grow light that uses much less electricity and produces less heat to avoid burning the leaves. The dual full-spectrum lights are ideal for all forms of hydroponics, aquaponics, horticulture, and indoor gardening. The dual Led grow light emits 450 nm of blue and 655 nm of red-colored lights which is a great combination for plant growth. It is designed to mimic the effect of natural sunlight while stimulating photosynthesis.
- 【daylight full spectrum grow bulb】 -- 137pcs white leds and 29 warm white leds mixes all wavelengths between 380-780nm can be fully absorbed by plant photosynthesis, and with 18pc red led (620nm) + 8pc red led (660nm) + 8pc ir can more effectively promote photosynthesis,germination,flowering and results.
- 【led grow light bulb】-- professional led ratio design, 200pc quality leds providing similar to sunlight more highly uniform light beneficial for whole phrase of growth from seed to harvest. perfect for all plants in greenhouses, grow boxes, indoor gardens etc.
- 【heat dissipation & lower consumption】-- this grow light bulb made by upgrade heat-sink metal aluminum shell, keep the temperature at the appropriate level. and 150w equivalent actual power consumption of about 30w, high luminous efficiency, but low power consumption and energy saving.
- 【protective lens cover & easy to install】 -- with exclusive protective lens cover, can protect the led ,and extend the grow bulb lifespan.fit standard e26/e27 socket, no special lamp base necessary.
- 【wide application】 -- ideal for indoor garden, green house, horticulture, bonsai planting, aquarium, hydroponic or aquaponic planting of flower plants. to provide plant with additional sunlight, support photosynthesis.
The grow light mixes wavelengths between 380 to 780 nm to effectively promote germination, photosynthesis, and flowering. The temperature is well regulated and power Is conserved while providing adequate LED full-spectrum lights for all plant types. The Greenhouse grows light supports just about any kind of plant growth; from bonsai planting to all kinds of seasonal plants.
While there are so many grow lights in the market, how can one choose the absolute best?
1. What to look for when buying a grow light for indoor planting
If you are new to indoor planting and need valuable advice on what lights are best for planting, here are some specifications that should guide you on your purchase:
2. Ease of use
Nobody wants to spend an hour fumbling with a device that is clearly difficult to use or requires special technical help. Installations have to be a breeze, and the product must come with a DIY manual
3. Size of Light
This is completely dependent on preference, especially as it may be difficult to predict the number of plants one may desire to have. Portability is another helpful feature if you intend to move your light from one point to another very often.
Grow lights may come as hangers, require screws, require a light source to plug into, or as wireless devices that use batteries. This is completely dependent on which features meet your specific needs. The amount of light you require, the location of your plants, and power conservation plans may provide you with clarity on what type of grow light would work best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
For foliage growth, 6500k is reasonable, even though some plants may be more productive with warmer lights of about 3000k
High spectrum bulbs are needed for germination and flowering mostly
Yes, LED lights are quite useful for growing plants but not all of them work effectively in keeping plants looking healthy. Specialized LED lights are needed for indoor planting as they come with specific features that can act as a substitute for natural light
In order to grow healthy vegetables, you would need around 300 to 800 lumens per square foot. Anything short of this requirement may be inadequate in the long run.
Fluorescent bulbs are great, but LED is best when it comes to hydroponic greenhouse systems. This is because they are very durable, give off very little heat, and are energy efficient.
Planting in the convenience of your personal garage is a dream come true for some people, firstly because you are utilizing space properly and you have the opportunity to be productive on a very little budget. The best way to ensure that your plants are highly productive and would turn in returns in the shortest of time is to ensure that your plants have everything that they need for growth. This means providing a light source that is trustworthy and can substitute natural light. When it comes to providing a consistent alternative to natural sunlight, these lights for garage vegetables are certainly some of the best in the market.