For most of us, pets are family. Pets have the unique ability to make us happy and to make our households joyful and in a way, they take good care of us, too. This is why it is important that in turn, we give them the utmost care that they deserve. We can do this by feeding them well with good food, providing shelter for them, and of course, providing adequate heating, especially during the winter.
6 Best-Selling Garage Heater for Pets
- 1. K&H Pet Products Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Pet Bed
- 2. Hound Heater Akoma Dog House Furnace
- 3. K&H PET PRODUCTS Lectro-Kennel Igloo-Style Heated Pad
- 4. Brightown 350W Wall Outlet Space Heater
- 5. petnf Upgraded Pet Heating Pad with Timer
- 6. Wellness Tree Plug-In Electric Personal Space Heater
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
One of the ways we can do this is by getting a heating pad or a heater for them which we can put in our garage. Read on if you want to know the best heaters or heating pads that you can buy online for your beloved furry friends.
Reviews of 6 Top Rated Garage Heater for Pets
- outdoor warmth: outdoor heated dog bed with soft orthopedic foam base and includes free soft washable fleece cover
- keep pet comfy: thermostatically controlled to automatically respond to temperature changes to warm to your pet's normal body temperature
- flexible for any space: ideal waterproof outdoor dog bed for sheds, garages, barns, or any sheltered area your outdoor pets hang out
- safe efficiency: this 25" x 36" heated dog pad features a 5-½ feet steel wrapped cord and uses only 60 watts of power, great for multiple cats too
- safety: we don't just use safety listed parts, we safety certify the entire product. this outdoor heated dog bed has been tested & certified by met labs and exceeds usa/ca electrical safety standards
It is amazing how you can now get a heated bed for your pets online just like this one. This one comes with a soft built-in orthopedic foam, which is ideal if your pets are quite aged and you want to keep them not just warm but also comfortable.
It comes with a fleece cover that you can easily take off and wash. The coolest part about this heated bed is that its temperature can change based on the body temperature of your pet.
- long lasting: hound heater deluxe lasts for years (100,000 on/off cycles) and is powered by a long-life 300w heating element.
- safe construction: features heavy duty chew-proof cord and rounded corners for added safety. internal heat shield protects all wires and components.
- saves energy: hound heater deluxe disperses safe, dry heat up to 75 feet and only runs when needed.
- set it & forget it: thermo sensing bulb allows for accurate control of the heat in your pet’s house.
- easy to install: special mounting bracket allows the furnace to be mounted on igloo type houses.
If you do not want to get a bed for your pets but they have a nice little house in your garage, consider getting this heater. It is not difficult to install onto the wall of your pet’s house. All you have to do is drill a hole, put the cord through and secure with a screw. Once you turn it on, this heat emerging from this heater can reach up to 75 feet.
This heater is durable and is sure to survive even if you have pets who love to chew on things since it has a chew-proof cord. If pet safety is your concern, this one has rounded corners so you would not have to worry. It also has a temperature-sensing bulb for temperature regulation.
- outdoor dog heating pad includes free fleece cover
- thermostatically controlled to automatically respond to temperature changes to warm to your pet's normal body temperature
- designed to fit into igloo style houses but is also great for sheds, garages, barns, or any sheltered area your outdoor pets hang out
- 5-1/2 feet steel wrapped cord and only 40 watts
- this heated dog mat has been tested & certified by met labs to exceed usa/ca electrical safety standards
This one is one of the cutest heated pads for pets that you can find online. It is designed to become this little igloo-like structure, wherein your pet will surely love to stay while keeping warm. Like most heated pads from K&H, it has the ability to adjust the temperature based on your pet’s temperature.
- low wattage space heater: 350 watt, 120 volt, 2.9 amps, 60hz, convenient 180 rotating plug with 3 prongs. push the button under the plug to adjust rotating degree. low wattage heater is more economical than running a higher wattage space heater and will not overload the circuit. great choice for people who live in a mild climate
- with led display and timer: press the " timer " button allows you to scroll through 1 and 12 hours in 1 hour increments. for auto power on timer, ensure the heater is turned off, press the " timer " button until the led display shows the number of hours you want. for auto shut off timer, ensure the heater is turned on, keep pressing the " timer " button till it reach your desire time
- quiet and fast heating: extremely quiet to heat up 100 square feet room well. it is for smaller places like offices or dorm rooms desk table indoors. use it at home when you don’t want to heat up the entire house with other centralized heaters. it's very quiet so it won't keep you awake at night
- digital thermostat: unlike most space heaters just have options for low medium and high, but this gives you actual degrees. ability to be adjusted by the desired temperature from 60°f to 90°f. set the thermostat to your desired temp and it turns itself on and off to maintain that temp. outer surface stays cool
- as seen on tv: 4.3 x 2.8 x 6.5 inch compact size makes it easy to carry it around wherever i want without any wires. the etl listed plug in heater mounts right on the receptacle and it doesn’t take up floor space or have a cord laying on the floor to trip on. modern look make it blend well in a living room or bedroom or other areas of the house since it's not a big eyesore like a space heater
Plug in heaters are perfect if you want one for your pets since pets are like children that love to move around, thus increasing the tendency of them accidentally moving stuff around which is quite dangerous especially if we are talking about heaters.
This space heater from Brightown is really affordable but it works just as well as larger and more expensive ones. For something less than $20, you get a heater that comes with an LED display, a timer and a digital thermostat. It is quite smaller than most heaters out there, but it can actually heat up a room that is about a hundred square feet.
- 【temperature adjustable heating pad】: medium: 19.7''x15.8''; large: 29.5''x17.7''; x-large: 35.5''x23.6''; our heating pad has a temperature regulator with 6 levels. it can adjust the temperature range 86-131℉/30-55℃. (wider temperature options than most products) you can choose the most suitable temperature for your lovely.
- 【pet heating pad with timer】: petnf timer heating pad - auto shut down when you wanted. timing system has 6 levels: always on(default setting, don't need to press any button) and 2/4/8/12/24 h(need press the timer button). the pad will stop heating when the timer out. and the indicator light moves down automatically when every 4h passed to tell you how much time left.
- 【flame retardant and waterproof pvc envelope enclosure】: our product’s inner is a soft pvc envelope with waterproof and flame retardant. this product has the highest-grade v-0 flame retardant capability. the outer soft fleece cover is machine washable. however, if your inner pad becomes dirty you can clean the pad with a damp cloth instead of immersing the pad into water. because it has wires on it.
- 【 83'' chew resistant cord for safety 】：in order to prevent pets from getting electrocuted by biting the wires, we specially fitted our wires with the 83'' chew resistant cord. but you had better take your pet away from the wires when they bite the wires.
- 【temperature control & safety】：in order to prevent the heating pad from overheating, we add a temperature control wire. if the temperature exceeds your set temperature, the thermostat stops heating and lowers the temperature. what’s more, if the temperature overheating by accident the temperature control wire will interrupt the circuit which can provide a safety pad for your pets.
This heating pad comes with a fleece cover that you can easily wash if it ever catches dirt. It also has chew-resistant cord casing, which is helpful if your pet loves to chew on wires. Another safety feature of this pad is its flame retardant PVC envelope enclosure.
It also has a timer so that it can automatically shut down if you wish. This pad comes in various sizes so that you can pick one that is just the right size for your furry friend.
This plug in space heater is small but it does its job pretty well. All you have to do is plug it into a socket and voila, you have a nice little heater that can warm up your garage so that your pets will not feel cold. This heater heats up quickly and can maintain the temperature for hours.
The plastic housing allows the heater to stay cool to the touch. This portable plug in heater also comes with a handy remote and an auto shut off timer.
If you are going to buy a space heater, make sure that it is enough to heat up the room wherein you are planning to put it. Also, ensure that you have enough space for the heater that you want to purchase. If you are planning on getting a heating pad, make sure that the space on the pad is enough to keep your beloved pet comfortable.
2. Safety Features
Too much heat can be dangerous. Heaters may result in fires. This is why it is important that when you buy a heater or a heating pad, you get something with safety features such as a safe, cool housing and chew-proof cords to prevent untoward incidents.
3. Ease of Maintenance
Even though pets are lovable, it is no question that with them comes the need to clean a lot. When getting a heating pad for your pet, it would be good to get something that has a washable cover so that you will not have a hard time cleaning if ever there is any mess.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, most modern space heaters can be left turned on through the night.
High quality heated pet beds made by good brands can be safely left plugged in for 24 hours a day.
Ideally, you should position them in a sheltered area and a flat surface.
Yes, they do not put you at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and other issues.
This is best done with a vacuum. Make sure it is not plugged in when cleaning.
Even though most household pets have thick fur this is not enough, and aside from shelter, they need to keep themselves warm during these times as much as we do. What we can do is provide a heater or a heating pad for them, such as the ones listed in this article. All animals especially domestic pets deserve tender loving care and if we give them exactly that then chances are they will love and stay loyal to us, too.