Kayaking is one of the fun outdoor activities that you can do with friends and family when you are off work. However, while using a kayak may be enjoyable, storing it properly may be quite a challenge, especially if you have a small space in your garage.
6 Best-Selling Garage Hangers for Fishing Kayak
- 1. RAD Sportz 100 LB Capacity Kayak Wall Hangers
- 2. RAD Sportz 1004 125 LB Capacity Kayak Hoist Lift Garage Storage Canoe Hoists
- 3. RAD Sportz 1220 Kayak Wall Hanger
- 4. Extreme Max 3004.0204 Kayak/Canoe/Bike/Ladder Hoist & Lift
- 5. BEST Marine Kayak Storage Racks
- 6. StoreYourBoard Kayak Ceiling Storage Hoist Pro
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Fortunately, you can now purchase garage hangers or hoists to store your kayak in an organized manner. This way you will not just be able to keep your garage in order, you will also be able to protect your kayak from incurring damage.
Reviews of 6 Top Rated Garage Hangers for Fishing Kayak
- kayak wall mount – the hangers provide an easy way to mount your kayak, snowboard, or surf board neatly on the wall of your garage or shed.
- secure storage – constructed from sturdy powder coated steel, the hooks can be mounted right into your wall studs to safely store equipment up to 100-pounds.
- foam padded hooks – the hooks are designed with a foam padding to protect your kayak or sporting equipment from scratches.
- easy installation – the hooks can be easily mounted right onto the wall with minimal assembly or tools needed.
- product details – materials: powder coated steel and foam; dimensions of each hook: 15.25" x 3" x 25”; 100-pound weight capacity.
These hangers which are made of powder coated steel are very affordable but they are among the best ones you can find online. They have a 100 lb capacity and with these hangers, you can protect your kayak from scratches and other sorts of damage that it could incur if you were to just place it on the floor or against the wall.
These hangers from RAD Sportz are very easy to install but they do the job really well. You will surely get the most out of your money with these.
- set of 2 ceiling hoists – the set of 2 storage hoists are ideal for keeping your kayaks, canoes, bikes, or ladders suspended overhead for convenient out of the way storage in your garage or shed
- pulley system – the hoists utilize a pulley system with a safety locking mechanism that makes it easy to lift and safely store equipment up to 125-pounds
- rubber coated hooks – the hooks are designed with a rubber coating to protect your kayak or canoe from scratches
- easy installation – the pulleys can be used on ceilings up to 12 feet. please note, you can mount this item as pictured on a 2 x 4 and screw the 2 x 4 to the joist or mount it right to the joist itself
- product details – 125 weight capacity per hoist. set of 2
There are two ways you can store your kayak properly in your garage. The first is through wall hangers and the other way is through hoist lifts such as this product from RAD Sportz which leave your kayak hanging from the ceiling. This is perfect for areas with a ceiling height of around 12 feet. These are very easy to install and once they are up, they can hold kayaks as heavy as 125 lbs and you will be able to free up a lot of floor space in your garage.
If you are quite scared about the safety of hoist lifts, do not worry since these lifts have safety locks to prevent accidental release. The hooks are also coated with rubber to prevent scratches.
- kayak wall mount – the hangers provide an easy way to mount your kayak or paddleboard neatly on the wall of your garage or shed
- secure storage – constructed from sturdy powder coated steel, and equipped with nylon holding straps and clips, the hooks can be mounted right into your wall studs to safely store equipment up to 125-pounds
- foam padded hooks – the hooks are designed with a foam padding to protect your kayak or sporting equipment from scratches
- easy installation – the hooks can be easily mounted right onto the wall with minimal assembly or tools needed
- product details – materials: powder coated steel and foam; 125-pound weight capacity
This product probably has everything that you are looking for in the perfect kayak wall hanger. It has a large capacity (it can hold up to 125 pounds of weight), it can be installed easily and even though it is cheaper than its competitors, it works just as well, if not better.
Just one look at this wall hanger and you will know right away that it is made out of high quality materials. Each bracket is made of powder-coated steel and has a foam that provides additional protection for your kayak. The straps also clearly look durable. They also look good on the wall once installed.
- kayak hoist system lifts and stores kayaks, canoes, bikes, ladders and more in the shop or garage
- easily lift and lower stored items; one person operation
- includes pulleys, lift hooks, mounting brackets and hardware, 50' hoist rope, and 2" x 94" saddle straps
- 120 lb. capacity
This hoist system which was especially manufactured for kayak storage is on the affordable side, but it works really well. It has a 120 lb-capacity and it also comes with extremely tough ropes and lag bolts. It is also very easy to install since the instructions provided were very clear. If it ever seems that it is too loose for your kayak, you can easily tighten it up.
- how are we different? - our storage racks are made from heavy duty powder coated steel with nylon covered foam padding. they’re lightweight, strong, require no assembly, are easy to install and they’re affordable!
- why best marine & outdoors? - our company goal and mission is to help people find inner peace and purpose through kayaking. when you’re paddling trip is over, know that your prized possession is safe and secure waiting for your next trip on the water
- who are our storage racks for? - our wall hangers are for people looking for a simple, strong solution to protecting and storing their kayaks. our racks can easily be installed in your garage, shed, under your deck or on your dock or pier
- how do they work? - simply locate the wall stud for each rack, determine a comfortable height, and use a screw gun or drill to install 3 screws for each rack. they’re 22” tall, protrude 19.5” from the wall and have a 100lb weight capacity.
- who are we? - located in massachusetts, best marine & outdoors is a leading provider of kayak accessories in the usa, europe and australia. we stand behind our products and offer complete customer service and satisfaction
If you are looking for the perfect kayak hanger, look no further than these storage racks by BEST. Indeed, these are probably among the best ones you can get on Amazon. They are made out of heavy duty powder coated steel and they also have a nice foam padding to prevent your kayak from getting damaged.
Even though these racks are made out of steel, they are not heavy, and yet they can hold 100 lbs of weight. Unlike other hangers or racks sold online, these come with great screws that can easily grab into the studs, which makes the entire installation process a breeze. The brand that produces these racks also have great customer service, so if you ever encounter any issues with your purchase, you can easily seek help from them.
- heavy duty kayak storage hoist: easily raise your kayaks for ceiling storage
- straps fit any kayak size: adjustable straps fit all kayaks widths and lengths (up to 60 lbs)
- classic vs. pro: the pro version includes an adjustable horizontal center strap to secure your vertical hoist straps. the pro version also includes upgraded, higher-strength loading straps
- utilize your overhead space: get organized by hanging and storing your kayak in your overhead space with this pulley and hoist storage system
- quick & easy install: with included instructions and mounting hardware, great for home and garage storage - see our installation video!
Kayak hoist systems may look complicated at first glance, but they really are not. Take for example this one, which you can install in a little over ten minutes. The ropes and the metal parts of this hoist are tough and this entire system can hold really heavy kayaks. Unlike the classic version, the Pro version has additional straps for enhanced security.
1. Wall Hangers or Hoist Lift System
If your kayaks have been lying around and you have decided that you will finally take some time to organize, then you have to decide whether you want them on your wall or if you prefer to have them hanging from the ceiling. Either way, you will be able to free up a lot of space, but note that a hoist lift system is perfect if your ceiling height is quite high.
Before getting hangers for your kayak, make sure that you have enough space in your garage for storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is better to store your kayak under warm weather instead of snowy weather since it can crush under the weight of snow. However, note that it is not a good idea to leave your kayak outside, whatever the weather. If you do not have space inside your house, store it under the deck or any sort of shelter.
No, since it may destroy the ends of the kayak.
If taken care of properly, a kayak may last as long as 10 years.
Consider the space that you have and the ceiling height of the room wherein you are planning to store your kayak.
You can get good ones online, in kayaking stores, and in some hardware stores as well.
With hangers, you will also be able to save a lot of space. They can also make your kayaks appear like decorations on your garage walls instead of seeming like piles of junk on the floor that only accumulate a lot of dirt. This way, investing hangers for your kayaks will surely last much longer than if you were to just keep them lying around on the floor.