What would you give to have an automatic garage door opener synchronized with the smart home that you can control by yourself at any time of the day, without the hassle of trying to open your garage door manually every time you need to drive out? What price could you put on this level of convenience?
5 Best-Selling Garage Door Opener for Tesla
- 1. Moko Smart Wifi Garage door Opener
- 2. MyQ Wireless Garage Door Opener G0301
- 3. Datonten Smart Wireless Wifi Garage Door Opener
- 4. Chamberlain Craftsman & LiftMaster Garage Door Opener With Entry Keypad
- 5. Refoss Smart Garage Door Opener – 3 Garage Doors
- Buying Guide
- Considerations When Purchasing Garage Door Openers
- Frequently Asked Questions
Imagine trying to rush out to work, to catch up with a meeting, or beat the traffic, and… oh… you have to manually open the garage door yourself, drive out of the garage, and then close the garage door yourself. In some, you may even worry if the garage door was properly shut while clamping down on the accelerator. Not to worry, we have great options for the best garage door opener for Tesla.
Connectivity breaks boundaries as many smart homes, tech brands seek to provide the most convenient devices built to give homeowners maximum control over their home gadgets. Garage door openers are some of the absolute, must-haves for every home. Here are some of our best garage door opener recommendations for Tesla.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Garage Door Opener for Tesla
- 【2020 upgrade version】 wireless sensor version. easy to install, requires 2.4ghz wifi connection, easy installation without professionals, please make sure your wifi strength.
- 【app remote control】: you can control the garage door from anywhere via smart life app. whether you are at home or go outside, you can open or close it and check its real-time status with your phone which is online available. it's very convenient for you to open the garage door in advance as you drive to approach it.
- 【voice control】: pair the controller with amazon alexa / google assistant or by means of siri shortcuts to implement hands-free voice control, which will do you a big favor when you are busy with the chores at hand.
- 【timing management】: set timer or countdown to automatically open or close the garage door at any time based on your routines and preference. set timer to automatically open your garage door when you drive near your home after work while setting countdown to close it when you ready to leave the garage.
- 【keep house safe】: receive the prompt notification of when the garage door open or close. master the status of garage door in time. you can also set up a on/off password before controlling the garage door to avoid someone else to open or close it by mistake. share the device with your family, and they can get quick accesss to activate your garage door controller. note: 2.4ghz wifi connection only, requires android 4.4 or above & ios 8 or above.
The beauty of the upgraded smart Wifi is its wireless sensors version which is easy to install and use. It does require a 2.4GHz Wifi connection. When the connection is optimal, you can control your garage door from anywhere, whether inside the home or outside it. All this can be done via the Smart Life App in real-time with your mobile phone. The app has the means to implement voice control for hands-free use. You can pair your device with Amazon Alexa, or Siri. This gives you full control with a quick voice command.
Timing is everything. With the garage door opener, you can also set the timer to automatically open or close your garage door daily, depending on your routine. You don’t have to run the command every day, simply automate the time to work with your schedule.
Safety is paramount, and this is why the device also comes with a safety notification to alert you when the door is open or closed. This door controller can be shared with family members and requires and android 4.4 and above or IoS 8 and above.
- new free in-garage delivery with key by amazon available in select areas (check eligibility at amazon.com/keypromo). prime members can opt in with the myq smart garage hub to get amazon packages securely delivered right inside their garage, simply link your myq account in the key app
- smart garage control open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone through the myq app
- universal – easy-to-add functionality to upgrade your existing garage door opener. works with all major brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors
- the requirements needed to start - a router with 2.4 gigahertz wi-fi frequency, router with 802.11 b/g/n, a router within 50 feet of the myq smart garage hub (more details in pdf user manual)
- simple setup: wireless install with easy step by step instructions provided in the myq app means you’ll be able to enjoy smart garage control in minutes
The MyQ wireless is designed to give selective access and to secure lives and properties. The smart garage controller is built to sync with mobile phones to assist with remote operations. It features easy functionality, upgradable operating systems, safety sensors, and others. Requirements include 2.4 gigahertz Wifi and the router must be within 50 feet of MyQ app. The wireless installation comes with easy steps and allows up to 3 people full access to control the device. MyQ can sync with a Google account with free IFTTT for a period of time. Its core features include closing, opening, and receiving alerts on the garage door’s status.
- check compatibility: compatible with almost all garage door openers. before ordering please see the user guide in the technical specification below to check if your garage door opener is compatible.
- open and close garage door from anywhere: works with google assistant, alexa, siri. this smart garage door opener will not interfere with your existing remotes or wall console.
- notifications: receive notifications when your garage door opens or closes in real time. and you can set up custom notifications so you will receive alerts if you forget to close the door.
- multi-user access: give your families access to activate your garage door. and the activity log allows you to know who accessed your garage for added security.
- quick and easy installation: a 2.4ghz wifi is required. just need to connect the controller's wires to your garage door opener. the expandable garage door controller allows you to add our security camera. connect the security camera to the app, you can use the app to see and operate your garage from anywhere.
This is another great wireless garage opener that has every feature you could possibly need in a remote-controlled garage door opener. It is compatible with Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa, to give you absolute voice control. The beauty of this device is its ability to respond from as much as 50 meters away from the Wifi. It also allows you to receive notifications when your garage door opens and closes in real-time. Its features also allow you to set notifications or reminders if you forget to lock the garage door. Now, here is what we really like; it allows you to share access with your family. From the activity log, you can always tell who had access to your garage. With a quick and easy installation, all you need is 2.4Ghz wifi and you are good to go. The expandable features of the app also accommodate security cameras on the app. You can see everything and operate from anywhere.
ChamberlainLiftMasterCraftsman 940EVP2 Garage Door ( 2-Button Garage Door Opener Remote With Visor Clip, Bl)
- works with most major brands: compatible with chamberlain, liftmaster and craftsman garage door openers from 1993 to present (openers with safety sensors)
- single button closure; install the battery and program the keyless entry prior to installation; make sure the garage door opener has a working light bulb because it is a programming indicator; not compatible with craftsman series 100
- features two buttons to control up to two garage doors or gates. the chamberlain universal remote can even operate up to two different brands of garage door openers
- programming is easy. the chamberlain universal remote programs wirelessly to the garage door opener and does not require you to cut into wiring or install an unsightly receiver in your garage
There are so many things that are noteworthy about the 2-button garage door opener. Aside from its compatibility with a couple of garage door openers, it has stood the test of time from 1993 to the present day and remains popular because of its efficiency, durability, and safety. The device features two control buttons for controlling two different garage doors remotely, an easy-to-program wireless system, and comes with a comprehensive instruction manual. Certainly, the best choice if your garage comes with two individual doors
- comptibility: refoss universal garage door opener is compatible with most major garage door opener in the market, but some openers need accessories to make them work. scroll down and check your model compatibility in the "product guides and documents - compatibility guide".
- remote and voice control: the garage opener adds skills to your normal garage door open and close with ease. this wifi garage door opener integrations with alexa and google assistant, its external antenna delivery a stronger and stable wifi signal, you'll get voice commands, remote access through the ehomelife app for smartphone.
- automatic closing: you can receive alerts in real-time by setting up customized notifications when your garage door opens and closes. with the function of auto close, your refoss smart garage door opener can automatically close the garage behind you when you leave. you don’t have to wonder if you left the garage open during the day. it also allow you to check operation history of this garage door.
- secure and easy to install: with a simply installation, refoss garage opener remote will allow you to hook into your existing garage door controller. the built-in sound alarm notifies kids/pets when your garage door is closing, ideal for families with children and pets. one login supports unlimited free app downloads, you can share with your families and friends.
- control up to 3 garage doors: this smart wifi garage door opener is the companion device of your existing garage door opener, it can handle three garage doors at once with additional door position sensors (sold separately).
Last but certainly one of our favorites, we have the universal garage door opener that is compatible with a myriad of garage door openers available today. While some other devices need accessories to make them compatible, Refoss blends into different brands without hassle. It features remote voice control, an external antenna for stronger Wifi connectivity, and built-in alarm notification. The best part is, you can share its access with an unlimited number of friends and families. The device has everything you could possibly need in a garage door opener.
Why do I need a garage door opener? That is probably one of the questions that has crossed your mind while fiddling with the idea of getting one. You may be looking at evading extra expenses but, you would soon find out that garage door openers are not just for aesthetics, they actually play a vital role in your home. Here are some reasons why you need a garage door opener:
- It provides security lockdown for your home
- It allows you the convenience of driving in and out with just the push of a button
- It even allows voice-controlled operation for convenience, saving you the hassle of pushing a button or manually opening the door yourself
- It allows you to lockdown even when you forget to lock up and are far from your home
- Some garage openers have dual door operation or triple garage door operations
Considerations When Purchasing Garage Door Openers
A couple of features to consider are:
Door size and its weight – taller doors may require extension kits. Basically, the garage door system has to fit the size and weight of your door
Material – most doors are made from one of the following materials: steel, fiberglass/PVC, aluminum, and wood. Before you choose a material think about the cost, durability, maintenance, and design
Noise – Some door openers are silent while some come with in-built noise. You may choose according to your preference.
Speed – the faster the opening speed, the better.
Horsepower – Typically, a ½ horsepower motor is adequate. You may also decide to pick between the range of ½ to 1 ½ for doubles.
Extra features – things you should definitely keep in mind are: internet connectivity, rolling code security tech, touchpads/keypads, backup battery, overhead lights, entrapment sensors ( to indicate if you have a blockage), and lastly budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
A ½ horsepower motor will do the job if your door is about 8ft to 12 ft.
You would likely need ¾ horsepower for doors that are as long as 14ft and longer.
Certainly, all doors come with DIY instructions to enable quick and easy setup