Smartthings is Samsung’s take on smart homes. It is an app that allows you to wirelessly connect to all the devices that are in your home network.
5 Best-Selling Garage Door Controller for Smartthings
- 1. Nexx Garage Smart Wifi Controller
- 2. Remootio Smart Garage Door Controller
- 3. Meross Smart Garage Controller
- 4. ISMARTGATE Door Controller
- 5. MyQ Smart Door System
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
This app does not only let you control your television or your home’s lighting, but it can also lock and open doors as well. The app shows you the status of your home’s appliances as well as your doors.
To make it more convenient, there are also garage door controllers that you can purchase that integrate themselves into the Smartthings system. This allows the process to be easier than you need to grab your smartphone and open the app to do the task.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Garage Door Controller for Smartthings
1. Nexx Garage Smart Wifi Controller
NEXX Door NXG200 Smart ( Google Assistant, No Hub Required, Black)
- conveniently open and close your garage door by turning your existing wi-fi network and garage door opener into a single integrated smart device that you can control and monitor from anywhere.
- activate your garage door opener by tapping on the nexx mobile app, or by giving voice commands to your alexa or google assistant devices, or soon, by driving near your garage door (this feature is in beta release).
- multi-user access & remote monitoring. you can authorize multiple people to access your garage, you can open and close the door if a guest arrives and you're away, and you can receive notifications if you forget to close the door.
- nexx requires a 2. 4 ghz wifi connection and offers quick and easy installation without the need for a professional. it is compatible with almost all garage door openers (check site for compatible openers).
- best in class security encryption: reliable and secure with real-time activity logging; and only one controller per garage door opener, you can easily monitor activity.
This garage door controller is compatible with most smart home systems but you can always double-check on the site to see if it is compatible with yours. This control requires a 2.4 GHz wifi connection for off-site control.
However, when you are near your home, you can connect through either wifi or Bluetooth. With this feature, you can open or close your garage door remotely even if you are not at home. It also gives you notifications every time the door operates.
The remote also has a history log for added security. Activation of the Nexx mobile app is very easy. You can either tap on the app or speak to your phone’s smart assistant.
Installation is very easy with no subscription charge for the service as well. Support services are provided to customers within the United States.
2. Remootio Smart Garage Door Controller
Remootio 2 WiFi And ( Siri Shortcuts. With Sensor And Power Adapter.)
- open and close your electric gate or garage door using the smartphone app. works with most garage door openers. check compatibility on the remootio website before you buy. this version (remootio 2) only works with 5v dc voltage. if you need the version with wide input voltage tolerance, please order remootio 3.
- connect via bluetooth when wifi is not available. connect via wifi and control your garage door from anywhere in the world.
- sensor included. check if your garage door is open or closed in the app. get notifications when someone opens or closes your garage door. share keys easily via qr code and check who operated your garage door.
- ultimate security: 256 bit end-to-end encryption. subscription-free app. 0$ per month. share virtual keys with up to 20 people.
- compatible with amazon alexa, google home, siri shortcuts, smartthings, apple watch
This controller allows you to open and close your gate or your garage door just by using a smartphone app. This controller is compatible with all smart home systems. You can also double-check compatibility by visiting their website.
This smart controller can connect via either Bluetooth or wifi. You only need an internet connection for you to connect your garage door from anywhere in the world.
This system also has 256-bit encryption and does not require any subscription fee. Virtual keys are also available to certain people depending on who you assign them to.
3. Meross Smart Garage Controller
Smart Garage Door Opener ( Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, SmartThings)
- external antenna: it has an external 2 dbi antenna and can better receive wifi signals. it can support up to 3 garage doors at the same time. (one sensor is included in the package. the other two sensors need to be purchased separately）no monthly fee or any other subscription fee!
- compatibility check: please scroll down and check the "product guides and documents - application guide" whether your garage door model is in the compatibility list. also, you can check if your garage door model is in the compatibility list on meross official web. note: 2.4ghz wifi network support only.
- more convenient: remote and voice control, just tapping the free meross app from anywhere with internet access or speaking to your alexa, or google assistant devices to open and close your garage door. the built-in sound alarm makes closing the door safer, especially for families with children and pets.
- precise and stable: you can check the garage door open/ close operation records through the app. stay alert by different notification modes such as garage door open/ close status, overtime notification, and overnight notification to remind you to close the garage door.
- easy to install: installation is much easier than you may think. you can make your garage door smart in just a few simple steps.
This is the latest version of the Meross smart garage controller series. It has an external antenna that has wider coverage for better wifi reception. It can also receive and support up to three garage doors at the same time.
Controlling has never been more convenient since you can either tap the remote or use voice control. You can easily use your smartphone assistant to activate the app.
This smart system also has a built-in alarm system for your door and comes with sensors that monitor the status of your garage door. You can update yourself anytime around the globe through your mobile app.
4. ISMARTGATE Door Controller
Ismartgate PRO Smart Garage ( With All Garage Openers. Wireless Sensor Included.)
- compatible with all garage door openers (you can control up to 3 doors). for a roller door you would need the gate kit. for chamberlain, craftsman, liftmaster openers with a yellow learn button you would need our ismartgate switch adaptor (sold separately). more info below.
- voice control and free home integration: ismartgate works with major smart home platforms for free: apple homekit, google home, amazon echo, samsung smartthings and ifttt! ask siri, google assistant or alexa to open or close the gate for you. ask them for the status of the gate at any time and create scenes or home automations with other devices and services through our new “garagewifi & gates” ifttt channel.
- the most complete smart opener: ismartgate allows you to create different user accounts (restrictions by time, garage and location). it also allows you to integrate up to three (3) existing ip camera for real time video monitoring and recording from ismartgate app. ismartgate allows remote operation (open/close) of garage and remote alerts (open/close/left open) too!
- automatic open/close with gps or time: ismartgate will automatically open or close your gate when approaching or leaving your home (or at a given time). simply link ismartgate to ifttt to enjoy this feature!
- customizable app: ismartgate allows you to upload a picture of your garage when open and closed. you can also choose if you want the “open/close” button to be “up and down” or “left to right”. this pro version also includes a visual acoustic alarm and can play a dedicated song/tone for every garage door when open or closed.
This system works well with all garage door systems that were manufactured after 1993. This system can control up to three doors.
Controlling is easy as you can use voice controls for the task through your phone’s smart assistant. Wifi is needed for manual control through your phone’s app.
This system is compatible with all smart home systems and can integrate easily into the household network.
5. MyQ Smart Door System
Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage ( Model MYQ-G0301, Old Version, Black)
- smart garage control open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone through the myq app
- universal – easy-to-add functionality to upgrade your existing garage door opener. works with all major brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors
- the requirements needed to start - a router with 2.4 gigahertz wi-fi frequency, router with 802.11 b/g/n, a router within 50 feet of the myq smart garage hub (more details in pdf user manual)
- simple setup: wireless install with easy step by step instructions provided in the myq app means you’ll be able to enjoy smart garage control in minutes
- guest access: securely invite up to three people to control your garage with the myq guest feature (note: not intended for guests under the age of 13)
This system has in-garage delivery compatibility for all amazon deliveries in selected areas in the US. Amazon Prime members can use this system to automatically allow amazon deliveries to be placed inside the garage.
This system runs on 2.4 gigahertz wifi. It also has an on-site range of up to 50 meters. You can also share the control of your garage with up to three people.
Installation for this system is easy as well and it can easily integrate into your home’s existing network. Do keep in mind though that you can only integrate MyQ if it is the existing controller for your garage’s LiftMaster system.
1. Compatibility and Support
This is the single most important aspect when you are purchasing a smart remote. If you have a Smartthings network at home, make sure that what you are purchasing is compatible with this system.
Many controllers come with a hub that has a wifi transmitter. This will connect to your home’s wifi system and integrate it into the existing smart home network in your house.
The range is important to make sure that it can easily connect to the home network without any problems. Interference is often the problem with smart systems as everything is connected to one network.
Given that your garage controller is normally located outside the main living quarters, that is why a good range is needed for your hub.
3. Real-Time Alerts and Status
The good thing about smart home networks is that you can check the status of each one on your mobile phone. This goes to the status of your garage door as well.
Make sure that what you are purchasing will allow you to check the status of your door, as well as keep a log on who goes in and out of your garage.
4. Integration and Ease of Installation
With so many brands to choose from in the market, what we would want is a controller that could easily integrate into the Smartthings system.
Having the right controller would allow you to experience seamless operations and ease of installation as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Smartthings is Samsung’s smart home system. It can easily work with IOS and Android systems which makes it easier for consumers.
No, there is no monthly fee.
The latest models do have the hub, but those released in 2016 and older do not have the system integrated yet.
Yes, it can. You can tell Siri to activate your door controller app to open or close your garage door through voice control.
The system can control many devices that are smart home compatible.
Modern technology has allowed us this app for added security. Not only that, you can monitor the entire status of your home remotely.
Purchasing a garage door controller is a good investment because it is not only convenient, it is also safer for you and your family.
- How Can I Extend my Wifi to my Detached Garage? | Tips to Extend Your Internet Coverage - December 25, 2021
- How to Make a Root Cellar in Your Garage - December 23, 2021
- How to Reinforce a Portable Garage - December 3, 2021