Whether you are building a new house with a garage or you are planning on doing a major makeover for the garage that you have now, it is important that you get good exterior paint. You might have to paint concrete blocks, brick, stucco, and aluminum, just to name a few.
4 Best-Selling Exterior Paint for Garage
Exterior paints may also come in various formulas. There are water-thinned paints, and then there also solvent-thinned ones. Some may be flat and others may be glossy. Through this article, you just might be able to narrow down your choices if you are confused about which exterior paint to purchase online.
Reviews of 4 Top Rated Exterior Paint for Garage
- a good bonding primer is essential to ensure that topcoats adhere to tough-to-paint surfaces. high adhesion primer increases painting possibilities by bonding to a wide range of surfaces. use on properly prepared surfaces free of dust, grease, chalk, rust and peeling paint. mix well before using. apply with brush, roller, or spray.
- kilz adhesion is a unique latex primer developed to bond securely on slick surfaces where a traditional water or oil-base primer will not adhere.
- bonds to tough-to-paint surfaces including kynar, pvc, formica, vinyl, glass, tile, glazed brick, chalky paints, glossy finishes, fiberglass and metals. topcoat with either latex or oil-based paint.
- use on most interior and exterior surfaces where a secure bond is critical. this problem solving primer can be used under epoxies, lacquers, and products containing xylene or other solvents. kilz adhesion dries to touch within 30 minutes and ready to recoat in an hour.
- this is a 1-gallon can of kilz adhesion high-bonding interior/exterior water-based primer in white. covers approximately 300 square feet per gallon. kilz has been making premium primers and paints for 40 years. kilz was named paint brand of the year in 2015 in the harris poll equitrend rankings.
When painting surfaces such as metals, it is essential to apply a primer to ensure that the topcoat is going to stick well onto the surface. This primer from KILZ is perfect not just for metals, but also for glass, tiles, vinyl, PVC, and fiberglass. It is water-based and each gallon can be used to cover around 300 square feet of space.
It is very easy to apply--all you have to do is clean the surface to be painted one and then apply the paint using a brush, roller, or a spray. This paint can dry up in as fast 30 minutes and you can apply the next coat just after one hour.
- a little goes a long way: great coverage saving you time and money. long-lasting durability, little-to-no prep work required for wood (just clean first). suitable for interior and exterior painting projects.
- paint and prime: a strong durable 2-in-1 means less work, save time and money, thanks to the paint's thick, luxurious formula
- multiple surfaces: for furniture, wood and laminate cabinets, crown molding and trim, wood, metal, plastic, brick, stone, concrete and more
- rich pigments: choose from the 12 stunning colors available in gloss, satin, and matte finishes
- advanced formula: non-toxic, water-based, low odor, ultra low voc. contains no harsh chemicals such as phthalates, formaldehyde, heavy metals, or solvents. genuine quality, made in the u.k. just outside of london.
This product is a paint and a primer at the same time, so you are going to save not just a lot of money but also time if you go with this one. This paint is really thick and it has an opaque formula, so that you will not have to worry about having to put more than one coat to get the results that you are aiming for.
This paint, which can be used on a variety of surfaces such as metal, plastic, wood, stone, and glass just to name a few, is water-based, so you can be certain that this product does not just yield good results. It is also kind to the environment and you can very easily clean it up once you are done working with some soap. It also dries up pretty quickly.
- anti-slip paint: skid grip is an acrylic textured paint that can turn any surface into a skid-resistant one. the durable coating is ideal for indoor or outdoor use to create a high-grip finish.
- increase safety: this slip-resistant coating is ideal for making high-traffic areas safer. add it to a patio, pool deck, basketball court, driveway, step, ramp, or playground to prevent falls.
- adheres to most surfaces: whether for home or commercial use, liquid skid grip can be used on almost any surface. it adheres to cement, wood, stone, asphalt, and more.
- easy application: to create a non-skid surface, first clean the surface thoroughly to remove any debris. then use a brush or roller to apply skid grip and create texture. allow ample time to dry.
- multiple colors available: don't let a textured surface become an eyesore. we offer skid grip in fade-resistant colors, including camel, cobalt, crimson, emerald, jet, plain, and slate.
Safety is one of the advantages of this paint. It is unique because unlike most paints available in the market, this one produces a nice finish without making surfaces slippery and thus dangerous to walk on. This is particularly important if you are looking for an exterior paint to use on your driveway, ramp, or walkway. Its anti-slip ability makes this paint a good choice not just for garages but for playgrounds as well, where children tend to run around.
This paint can be used on just about any exterior surface such as cement, wood, stone, and asphalt. It is also very easy to apply. All you have to do is clean the surface you are planning to paint, then apply the product with a brush or a roller. This FIXALL Skin Grip Anti-Slip Paint is available in various colors including Camel, Cobalt, Jet, and Slate.
- aggressive traction improvement: tuff grip is our most aggressive anti-slip coating that will protect against slips and falls on flooring surfaces or equipment. available in 10 colors. each gallon includes one 9” textured roller.
- industrial grade: tuff grip is a highly-textured industrial paint finish that gives the extra traction needed for indoor or outdoor commercial or industrial areas. one gallon covers 75-100 sq ft per coat, depending on porosity of the surface. two coats recommended.
- multi-surface coating: tuff grip is built to withstand tough weather conditions and is effective on properly-prepared loading ramps, diamond-plate metal, rooftop walkways, warehouse floors, commercial garage floors, equipment beds and more.
- extreme option available: need faster dry times? our tuff grip extreme kit offers superior traction for those areas that need a super-durable surface with a faster dry time. tuff grip extreme offers added uv protection, dries in 4-6 hours and provides increased chemical and corrosion resistance. tuff grip extreme is not available in clear.
- 100% money back guarantee: slipdoctors offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for unopened products and a two-year warranty for all properly installed tuff grip applications.
It is not good to have a slippery garage as this might result in untoward incidents. Thus, it would be good to choose a slip resistant paint exactly like this one. This unique paint from Slip Doctors has been made with a technology called Tuff Grip, which allows it to produce a nice finish that protects against slips and falls especially if used on flooring and certain equipment.
It can be used for various surfaces such as rooftops, walkways, and ramps. You also will not have to wait a long time for this paint to dry since it dries easily and in addition to that what is good about this is that it has UV protection, which is a must in just about any paint that is going to be used for surfaces that are going to be exposed to a lot of sunlight.
When buying paint, perhaps the first thing you must consider is the color. Choose a paint with a color that matches the theme of your house or one that you really like.
Apparently, paints can have various features too. Since a garage is not the same as the inside of your house, it would be good to purchase something that makes surfaces slip-resistant or something that provides protection against the sun. Some can also have a waterproofing effect.
The finish refers to the glossiness of the paint. Paints come in various types of finishes including flat, satin, and semi-gloss. Make sure to pick the perfect one for your garage needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
A roller, a brush or a spray, some rags, a bucket, a paint tray if you are using a roller, an edging brush, and a primer. Do not forget to wear the right clothes when painting your garage too.
That would depend on the size of the surface or space that you are planning to paint on.
That depends on a variety of factors such as the surface you are painting and the type of paint you are using. Some paints have a really thick formula, so you don’t have to put a lot of layers.
Ideally, you might want to go with the color palette used for the rest of the house or neutral colors to be on the safe side. Of course, if you want to choose a color that is going to stand out, that would be great as well.
Any of these three would be good. Using a spray would require less effort and it can help make the paint more even than if you manually use a roller and a brush. However, rollers and brushes are often more available.
When buying exterior paint for the garage you must pick one with bonus features such as anti-slip technology, UV protection, or one that protects against water. Also, it would be good to buy a paint that dries up fast since garages tend to have high traffic and so it is important that you can use the surface you are going to paint right away.