A garage is not only meant for the car but also a place to work and reflect on your day’s events. If you have a garage with no windows, you know how hard it can be to make it cool during sweltering heat or hot summer. Without proper ventilation and light, your garage will feel extremely hot and stuffy.
5 Best-Selling AC to get for Garage with No Windows
- 1. Pioneer Air Conditioner WYS012A-19 Wall Mount Ductless Inverter
- 2. Honeywell 525-729CFM Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 3. MRCOOL ADVANTAGE Wall Mounted Air Conditioner
- 4. BLACK+DECKER BPACT08WT Portable Air Conditioner
- 5. Hessaire MC37M Air Cooler
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
If this is the case, the best ac for a garage with no windows is the way to go. However, before choosing one, know how much time you’ll spend inside there.
This article will help you learn about the best ac to get for garage with no windows. Read on to learn more about them.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated AC to get for Garage with No Windows
- save money all year-round with a highly efficient ductless mini split inverter+ heat pump system
- ultra-silent and beautifully built perfect for home or light commercial use
- comes with every needed component in the box, including an easy-install 16ft copper piping kit
- use for both cooling and heating: 12000 btu/hour with 19 seer and 10 hspf efficiency
- free tech support and a 5 year coverage on the compressor
If you are looking for an all year efficient climate control in your garage or home, Pioneer WYS012A-19 is the right ac for you. Having 19 SEER energy efficiency and churning out up to 12000 BTUs of cooling and heating, it’s perfect for garages with no windows.
Featuring a beautifully designed front panel, dimmable LED display, and full feature remote control and LCD backlit screen, it will provide you with the best operation even in the dark.
With its 3-speed fan motor, it will smoothly operate in all speeds. Plus, its automatic swing air discharge louvers will ensure even cooling and heating for your space.
As compared to others, it’s fitted with full installation kit including a refrigerant line set. To ensure that you choose the right set, it has four line set lengths. What sets it apart is its 5-year warranty compressor. So in case of anything you can get in touch with the company.
- indoor/ outdoor evaporative air cooler or swamp cooler ideal for use in the southwest and midwest regions of the us - performs best in hot/dry climates where humidity levels are <60%
- weather resistant for outdoor use, super low power consumption 288w, powerful 525-729 cfm airflow ideal for spot cooling small to medium indoor and outdoor spaces such as living room, patio/ bbq area, garage, deck, bedroom
- carbon dust air filter, remote control, low water alarm, energy saving timer, adjustable humidification dial & ice compartment. detachable tank for easy maintenance
- moist, cool breeze can cool you down & be used as humidification during winter months.
- not an air conditioner & not just a fan – environmentally friendly evaporative cooler reduces temperature through water evaporation. mimic the comfort of a cool lake breeze in your home
The Honeywell is a very powerful evaporative cooler that can serve up to 850 square feet. Equipped with a 15.9-gallon tank, oscillating louvers, and 1540 CFM, this is the right ac for your garage.
If you are looking for the best unit for your garage, this is the best. Equipped with a continuous water supply and built-in overflow protection system, you can connect it to any water hose without suffering an overflow.
It’s also fitted with durable water-resistant exterior that can withstand extreme outdoor conditions such as intense sunlight and heavy rain.
To ensure that the cool air reaches a wide area it has it’s fitted with a 3 side honeycomb. With this feature, you don’t have to work on one side of the unit to enjoy its cooling effects.
To help you move it from one point to the next it has durable caster rolling wheels.
- this product intended to be installed by hvac professional***
- low ambient cooling: cooling down to 5 degrees f - this feature makes the mrcool advantage the ideal system for server rooms, greenhouses, and any other application that requires cooling all year.
- 16 ft installation kit included (16ft copper lines, control wire, 6 ft drain hose and wall sleeve)
- 19 seer efficiency
- runs off 110v power supply
As one of the best ac to get for garage with no windows, MRCOOL ADVANTAGE Air Conditioner will provide you with a more a permanent solution. It’s a ductless mini system that uses R-410 refrigerant and allows you to have a DIY installation with any special permits or licenses.
Coming as an indoor and outdoor unit, whether you want to use it outdoors or indoors it will serve you quite well. Provided you have all the accessories, the installation process will take a very short time.
Depending on the size of your garage there are several models that you can choose. With its 12,000 BTU system, it’s capable of cooling up to 700 square feet. It’s also an all-in-one system that’s capable of cooling up to 1,500 square feet.
As compared to other units, you can control it with a wireless communication system. Given that it’s an actual air conditioner, it’s a compressor fitted with coolant lines. Additionally, it comes with up to 5 year’s warranty.
- quiet & powerful - our 4,000 btu (8,000 btu ashrae) compact air conditioner (16.5 x 11.5 x 26 in,) will keep you cool and comfortable all summer. an adjustable fan speed cools the air to 65°f at the coolest setting. sleep mode makes it extra quiet while you rest
- perfect for small rooms - this floor-standing portable ac unit provides steady, fast, effective cooling for rooms up to 150 sq. ft. it’s the ideal small air conditioner for dorms, apartments, cabins, campers, offices, bedrooms, or living rooms
- simple & quick to install – just wheel this portable air conditioner into any room with a double hung or sliding window. attach the included hose (4’ 11”) & window adapter, & plug it in to an outlet! at the end of the season, just unhook & store. top mounted control panel with led display
- easy to use & clean – the simple remote control & top-mounted led display with 24-hour timer allow you to precisely control the air temperature. to clean the filter, just slide it out twice a month, rinse it thoroughly under running water, & put it back
- 3-in-1 functionality - combines 3 energy efficient functions for all of your cooling & ventilation needs with cool, fan, & dehumidifying modes all in one machine. bucket-less, self-evaporating operation makes your living space cool, clean and dry
Whether you are looking for a lightweight or functional ac for your garage with no windows, BLACK+DECKER BPACT08WT will not disappoint you. Capable of cooling spaces that are at least 15 to 20 inches, you can use it in the garage, spaces, and small rooms.
Coming with 3 operation modes namely fan-only mode, air conditioning, and dehumidification mode, it’s the ideal unit for your garage.
Alongside this, it has a 4-way air flow direction and a multi-speed fan to help you out. With its built-in self-evaporating system, you don’t have any bucket to empty. This means you’ll enjoy a hassle-free operation.
Fitted with rolling caster wheels, moving it from one place to another should not be difficult. Coming with a full installation kit, it’s simple and easy to install. You just need to follow the manual guide and you are good to go.
- portable - 4 heavy duty locking casters for cooling home, patio or workshop spaces up to 950 square feet
- compact yet powerful – 37x17x24 inches; 3, 100 cubic feet per minute (cfm); 3 fan speeds and oscillating louvers to ensure even distribution, wide coverage and comfort
- easy to operate & simple to maintain – 3 simple rotary controls allow the fan (off, hi, med, low), pump (on, off) and oscillation motor (on, off) to be controlled independently
- manual & continuous fill – utilize the continuous fill option by attaching a household hose with the included float adaptor, eliminating the need to manually watch and fill the water tank
- supercharged, economical cooling – 3-sided rigid high-density cooling pads for increased evaporative surface area generating cooler air
If you are looking for more cooling capacity without having to lug around, the Hessaire MC37M is not only portable but efficient as well. Using a 3 stage medium cooling, it has the best capacity that can be refilled with ease.
With this unit, you can enjoy up to 2200CFM of airflow cooling down to 950 square feet. You can also run garden hose for constant water cooling.
As a highly efficient machine, it only uses 2.4 amps. While it will raise the humidity of the garage you have the option of running the fan.
Coming with a 1-year warranty, you can rest assured you are covered. So in case of anything you can always get back to the company.
When looking for the best ac for a garage with no windows the sizes of the garage play a very important role. The bigger the size of your garage, the more BTU units you need. If your garage is measuring 400 square feet, choose a portable unit.
2. Space and Noise
As one of the most important places in the room, a garage is a place where you store everything. So if you want to save space, you need to choose a compact and portable unit.
3. Multiple Heating Modes
While many people take these two units to be the same there is some basic difference. While an air cooler reduces the temperature, an ac will help you cool the air. Buying an ac unit with multiple heating modes will, therefore, help you save some money.
As one of the best units in the house and ac for garage with no windows can be a bit expensive. While portable ac are the cheapest, most units come with a mid-range price. Having said that, you need to choose one based on your price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely possible. Just like your house any confined space can be cooled. However, if your space is larger you may need a powerful air conditioner.
While you don’t have to clean it every day, you can’t leave it for months without cleaning. If you are regularly using one, inspect and clean it after every two weeks. Plus, if you are dealing with spoilt ac, keep regular maintenance and cleaning schedules.
This depends on the type of ac unit you need use. If you are intending to install a high powered model, you might need some special wiring.
Although air conditioners are a bit expensive, they are more comfortable and efficient. If you are on a budget try swamp coolers or wall mount coolers. You can also opt for portable ones. This way, you’ll improve the comfort of your garage all year round.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021