There is no doubt that bumper plates, which are generally made of rubber material, are one of the major spendings for your garage gym. They come at different costs and different weights. They help you in building the desired muscles, endurance, and strength by affecting muscles located in different body parts. These are versatile and can be used for multiple exercises, such as for general weight lifting, CrossFit, powerlifting, endurance training, and more.
10 Best-Selling Bumper Plates for Garage Gym
Well, these are like an important investment for you; you need to think about what you are buying? Besides, you will also need to make sure that whatever you are buying will match your exercise types. When you search, you will find different types of bumper plates for a garage gym with different features.
However, there is nothing to worry about it at all if you are looking for the best bumpers. Here we have listed down the best 10 bumper plates for the garage gym that can fulfill your demands. Made of high-quality material and equipped with the best features, they will keep you satisfied during your workout.
So, let’s explore the options and get ready to buy the best one for your home gym now under your budget.
- 1. CAP Barbell Rubber Bumper Plate
- 2. USI Bumper Plates
- 3. Ethos 2lb Rubber Bumper Plates
- 4. CFF Competition Rubber Bumper Plates
- 5. Kobo Bumper Plates with Steel Collar
- 6. REP Fitness Bumper Plates
- 7. Olympic Bumper Plates 2 to 5 inches
- 8. Xmark Hi-Impact Bumper Plates
- 9. HulkFit Olympic Bumper Plates
- 10. Olympic Pure Rubber Disc with 50mm Hole
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Bumper Plates for Garage Gym
This is one of the most durable bumper plates you can go for. Talking about its construction, the plates come with a solid steel inner hub design and can easily sustain drop without any damage. The weight is very accurate and can be used with your Olympic bars. You will find them little bouncy on the harder surfaces. They are taller and thicker than other rubber plates. Try out these affordable plates now.
These are more than just the affordable bumper plates for home gym. The design demonstrates excellent attention to every detail with some amazing features such as high-quality inset steel collar. Made of superior-quality rubber, these 15kilogram plates produce less noise when you drop them. Besides, they don’t damage your floor. The plates come equipped with a metal bush to offer you a maximum level of durability. So, go on and give it a try now.
- cff competition rubber fractional weight plates set- 12.5 lbs total weight
- 100 percent virgin rubber over steel inserts
- accurate +/- 2 grams of specified weight
- manufactured to iwf specifications
- color coded to iwf spec for easy selection
These plates from Ethos can give a stiff competition to other bumper plates as they come with the excellent quality of standard. With 25lb of wight, you can use these pates to perform different types of exercise. The weight distribution is quite accurate, and you won’t struggle much while balancing your bars. If you are in search of good quality home gym bumper plate to increase your reps in your Olympic lift, then these plates can be a better option for you. Grab them now.
When it comes to making steady progress in your weight lifting exercise, you can trust on the CFF Competition bumper plates. The total weight of these fractional weight plates is 12.5lb. Speaking about the material, the inner material is steel, and the exterior is made of 100% high-quality virgin rubber. With simple construction, you will find these easy to use. The weight distribution is accurate. The plates are developed following IWF specifications, and as they are color-coded, you select them quite easily.
- what’s included:160 lb set of olympic bumper plates, includes pair of: 45, 25, 10 lb rubber polymer plates. plates are 17.5 inches in diameter with 2-inch steel collar openings. 1-year warranty on 10's and 15's, 3-year warranty on 25's, 35's, 45's (home use only).
- bumpers built to last: rep fitness black bumper plates are designed with durability in mind. steel inserts with hooks molded into the plate and low-bounce rubber make our bumper plates last over 15,000 drops – that’s a lot of reps! our 10 lb. plates are extra thick (1") to increase durability and minimize “tacoing” or folding in on itself, while our 45 lb. plates are thinner than most at 2.83", letting you fit up to 515 pounds on the bar.
- unrivaled versatilty - rubber bumper plates from rep fitness give you complete control over your training. they’re great for traditional movements like squats, deadlifts, and presses to increase strength and for olympic movements like the clean, jerk, and snatch to build power. or use them in your cross-training program to improve your metabolic conditioning.
- perfect for home gym training: bumper plates are the go-to choice for home gyms for a reason! rubber plates protect your floor, your barbell, and dampen the noise from lifting and dropping weights. made from high-grade rubber for low odor and low bounce.
- made by fitness gear experts: rep fitness designs and manufactures high-quality strength and conditioning equipment for home and commercial gyms. we carry a full line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more! our products are designed in denver, co and manufactured to the highest standards.
Here you will get two bumper plates, and the total weight is 30kg. Talking about its durometer rating, it is 90. With a high-quality solid stainless-steel structure, it will offer your maximum durability and perfect fit. On the other hand, the steel collar opening design lets you enjoy a snug fit on a 51mm par. It is the quality and perfect weight distribution factor that makes these plates for every Olympic weight lifter. Besides, the thickness level is also perfect. The plates will come under your budget.
- high-quality strength: each crossfit plate is derived from heavy-duty stainless steel with a solid, high-grade, low-bounce rubber cover surrounding the parameter, alleviating damage to flooring, equipment, and injury to oneself
- secure weightlifting bumper plate: in order to offer superior control, each olympic weight plate has a strong steel ring insert, which is bonded to the rubber, preventing the collar from moving, and fits all standard racks, sleds and bars
- smooth ergonomics: while our rubbered plates are built to be utilized with barbells, they are designed to be easy on your hands and won’t create distracting, loud thumps if dropped, allowing for solo floor work like abdominal exercises
- professional grade: our weights meet the gold standard for olympic competition, boasting 17.5 inches in diameter and thickness varies by weight, seamlessly transferring from bar to rack, so the only thing you have to worry about is performance
- available in multiple weights and sizes: day 1 fitness bumper plates are sold individually or in pairs - individual plates are available in 10, 15, 25, 35 and 45 pounds - sets of weights (pairs) are available in 10, 15, 25 or 35 pounds
These are high-performance bumper plates designed for health freaks who love to do extensive weight lifting exercises. There will be a pair of 10lbs, 25lbs, and 45 lbs plates, and the total weight is 160lbs. With high-quality steel inserts, the outer part has solid rubber material. The plates perfectly fit with 2-inch sleeves bars. Using this, you can do deadlift, squats, Olympic lifts, and more. As these are 100 percent of rubber made plates, these are ideal for school weight rooms, garage gyms, and more. Speaking about its durability, these bumper plates from REP Fitness can sustain around 15000 drops from 8ft of height. You will get 1 year of manufacturing guarantee with this.
- included: two each - 10 lb, 25 lb and 45 lb plates, total 160 lbs. with rapidly changing technology, why buy old school bumpers when you can own a set of technologically advanced hi-impact bumpers that are specially engineered for dropping. rubber, by its very nature, is tough and durable. all products made from rubber have a distinct smell. the smell will generally dissipate over time; however, some individuals are more sensitive to the odor.
- precision tooled: the precision tooled and polished commercial stainless-steel 2 inch inserts allow the plates to slide freely on the bar. an olympic bar with 16.5-inch sleeves will hold 10 (ten) 45 lb. plates and collars with room to spare.
- 3-year home warranty: xmark warrants the 25, 35, 45 and 55-pound plates to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal residential use and conditions, for a period of three (3) years from the original date of purchase; commercial use one (1) year. cosmetic damage is not covered by warranty.
- purchase with confidence: premium all-natural virgin rubber gives the bumper a slim profile and dead bounce. xmark bumpers are a trusted brand found in homes, schools and gyms across the united states.
- 10 pound plate: xmark fixed an industry wide problem with 10-pound plates bending and breaking. to remedy the problem, xmark followed iwf standards and reduced the diameter or height of the plate and made it the same thickness as a 15-pound bumper. now, the much-improved smaller diameter plate has stability.
Every plate is made of stainless steel and heavy-duty rubber material to offer better durability. As the surrounding parameter is covered by high-quality rubber, it won’t break your flour when you drop it. With a steel ring insert, the plates offer a strong and secure fit. Even though the plates are used with barbells, you can also use these bumper plates solo to carry our abdominal exercises. You will find them comfortable while holding and lifting with your bare hand. The diameter of each plate is 17.5 inches. Check this out now.
- bumper plates are constructed of high density rubber with solid stainless steel inserts that can withstand repeated drops and with minimal bounce
- each bumper plate has an inner ring with a diamter of 2" and fits any olympic barbell, dumbbell bar or sled with a 2" diameter
- each bumper plate is color coded for easy identification and labeled in both lbs and kgs
- hulkfit plates are sold in singles, pairs and sets
- important - 10lb plates can bend when dropped alone while on a barbell
The best thing about these bumper plates is they come with three years of warranty. Developed using the latest technology, these hi-impact bumper plates quite durable and can withstand thousands of dropping. The rubber material is very tough as it is the verging rubber. These are easy to use and come with well-polished 2-inch inserts, which make the plates to get fit perfectly in bars. These are developed by following all the IWF standards. So, this can be the ideal bumper plates for the garage gym.
- you will receive: 2 x weight disc
- counterweight plate, material: 100% rubber, made of sturdy and durable materials, with 6 different counterweight types, suitable for all standard counterweight bars.
- variations: 2.5 kg, 5 kg, 10 kg, 15 kg, 20 kg and 25kg.
- only free weight can ensure that all major muscle groups can work properly, thereby shaping the body into an appropriate and symmetrical proportion.
- can be installed on short, long, curled barbell bars. ideal for multifunctional and effective training or strength exercises in home gyms and fitness centers.
The plates’ inner steel ring has a great design and offers better long-term durability. The overall design of the plates is pretty and clean. With a little more width, you may face little difficulties while using it, but its overall performance is good. These are made of high-density rubber and can easily sustain rapid drops without taking much damage. The inner ring diameter is 2-inch, and you can use a 2-inch Olympic barbell, sled, or dumbbell based on your requirement. The plates come codded with color based on the IWF standard and area easy to identify based on colors. You can buy them in pairs, sets or singles as per your budget. However, while using the 10lb plate, don’t drop while attached with the barbell as they can bend.
- ✓ construction – steel inner hub designed to withstand drops without damage; made with solid rubber
- ✓ pro – weight is accurate within 5-grams; for use with olympic bars
- ✓ functional – easily load and unload these weights onto any olympic style bar; slim, uniform diameter for evenly distributed impact
- ✓ easy identification – color coded by size for easy identification; each sold individually
- ✓ variety – these weights are available in kilograms and pounds; kilograms: 10 (green), 15 (yellow), 20 (blue) and 25 (red); pounds: 25 pounds (green), 35 pounds (yellow), 45 pounds (blue) and 55 pounds (red)
This is made of 100 percent virgin rubber to offer your maximum durability. The weight distribution is quite accurate and can get fit perfectly with any 55mm bars. The company has used a unique rubber formula with IWF standard colored codes that allow you to know the weight of the plates very easily. They look cool and pretty and perfect for your garage gym. Besides, these are some of the ideal bumpers that can be used for outdoor use. With this, you can shape your body in a symmetrical and an appropriate proportion. When drop, they make around 25% less noise than others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Also known as Olympic color finishes, the color of the plates shows the weight of the bumper plates, and they are set according to IWF Standards. As per the IWF standards, green plates weigh 25lb, blue plates weigh 45lb, yellow suggests 35lb, and red color means, the plates are 55lb.
Don’t think much about it as all the bumper plates listed above are quite good and will come under your budget. Besides, they are made of superior quality material and are from well-known fitness and sports brand. So, go on and buy them now.
The first thing is with them you can perform different types of lift as they are very safe to use. The second thing you can use them for various training, for example, cross fit as well as Olympic lifting. The last reason to use them is they create less noise than the iron plates when you drop them.
Well, cast iron plates are good for powerlifting. But bumper plates are more versatile. Besides, iron plates are susceptible to breaking and can damage your flour, but bumper plates are safe to use. So, you always go for bumper plates.
Olympic plates come with a 2-inch hole, which is not there in bumper plates. While bumper plates are made of rubber, cast iron is used to make Olympic plates. So, in terms of safety, bumper plates are good.
So, these are top 10 bumper plates for the gym that you can even use in your home gym. Don’t worry about the cost as all the plates come under your budget and can run for a long time. Buy them now and keep exercising.