Building a home gym is now doable in a loft, basement, or garage. And this won’t be complete without a fan to ventilate the place. With tons of fans available in the market, choosing the right one is a bit tricky. But brands such as Lasko, Maxx-Air, and Vornado will do wonders if you want top-notch quality.
5 Best-Selling Fans For Garage Gym
Nowadays, people prefer to exercise at home instead of visiting a local gym. There are several reasons for this: costly gym membership, lack of time, harsh weather conditions, and pandemics. And this is why garage gyms exist.
So if you prefer working out in your garage, proper ventilation is key for optimal cooling.
- 1. Maxx Air Industrial Grade Fan
- 2. Vornado 293 Heavy Duty Air Circulator
- 3. Lasko X12905 High-Velocity X-Blower Utility Fan
- 4. Lasko 20″ High-Velocity QuickMount Fan
- 5. XPOWER FC-300 Professional Grade Air Circulator
- Gym Fan Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Fans For Garage Gym
- extreme output - this is not your typical cheap fan. made from rugged steel and built to last, this industrial grade mount fan is good for the toughest conditions and the most discerning consumer.
- tilt / 2 speed - tiliting head and 2 speed functionality, and with new frustration free packaging you will be using your new fan as quick as you can open the box.
- rugged - powder coated steel construction, premium motors, and premium quality. we don't know if you're using this in a factory or industrial setting, or just cooling off a patio, shop, or garage, but we made sure to build a product that could handle both with ease.
- ideal for use - shops, garages, patios, barns, gyms, basements, workshops, commercial settings, industrial settings, factor floors, anywhere air movement is needed.
- safety first - osha compliant grills, 10 foot grounded power cords, 180 degree tilt capability.
The Maxx Air Tilt Fan is the ideal fan for small to medium-sized ventilation needs. This is not your typical cheap fan. It’s built from rugged steel that can stand the test of time. This Industrial fan is the best for the toughest conditions. It has non-skid positioning legs and wheels for mobility.
It also has a 22-gauge steel housing for extra durability, powder-coated grilles, and three mounting options. So if you’re looking for excellent functionality and mobility, this fan is just what you need.
- optimum performance— the 293 is the ultimate work site side-kick. assembled in the usa, the nearly indestructible body is built to last, and the rugged, grab-and-go handle won’t slow you down.
- versatile — enjoy the flexibility to stand the 293 almost anywhere so that you can keep your cool when the conditions get tough. a powerful, pivoting head allows you to direct the air flow where you need it. choose from 3 speed settings to tailor your air comfort.
- powerful — vornado’s unique vortex action provides whole room circulation by moving air up to 100 feet.
- durable — the high-impact case stands up to the rigors of the job site, and the powerful ip54 rated motor is well-protected against dust and debris. 293 features a stable steel base with non-slip feet, a 10-foot grounded power cord, and an easy-clean removable grill. meets osha safety standards.
- superior support — backed by a 5-year hassle-free promise and supported by a customer service team based in andover, ks. we expect this product to be perfect. if it’s not, we will make it right.
The Vornado 293 is the best work-site sidekick. Its indestructible body is built to last. It also has a grab and goes handle for easy transfer convenience. The fan can provide whole room circulation by moving air up to 100 feet.
The stand is also flexible, so you can position it almost anywhere when the conditions get tough. It has a powerful pivoting head that allows you to direct the airflow where you need it. Not to mention, you can also choose different speed options too.
- high velocity air stream – powered by 3 fan speeds, this heavy-duty air mover is best for cooling the hottest spaces in the house, circulating and exhausting stuffy air and drying out wet carpeting and floors. ideal for kitchens, garages, basements, shops, job sites and more.
- compact and adaptable – this cool looking, lightweight carpet dryer is a breeze to move from room to room or job to job where you can use its 6-position capability to direct the air flow where it’s needed most.
- easy to use – this floor fan comes fully assembled and is always ready for work. electronic push button controls make it easy to adjust the air velocity for the project at hand. comes equipped with a built-in 120v accessory outlet and 2 usb ports to power additional devices.
- a real space saver – standing only 11 in. tall with a small 9 in. x 12 in. footprint, this fan optimizes floor space easily fitting in places where pedestal & box fans won’t, without sacrificing comfort or performance.
- trusted for generations – lasko has been making quality household products for over 100 years. the x-blower is etl listed and comes with a three-prong grounded plug and a built-in circuit breaker with reset button.
Lasko has been making cheap but high-quality household products for the past 100 years. And this sleek-looking portable fan is no exception. It has a six-position function so you can direct the airflow where it’s needed most.
This fan comes with three different speed settings. It’s also best for cooling even the hottest spaces, such as your garage gym. Its electronic push-button controls make it super easy to adjust the speed whenever needed. The package also comes with a 120V outlet and two USB ports to power your other devices.
- 3 powerful speeds - makes this fan ideal for the garage, shop, attic, or anywhere else you need a high velocity fan. the powerful motor and metal fan blades provide a cooling breeze throughout the room.
- pivoting head to direct air flow & circulation - allows you to direct high velocity air up, down, or anywhere in between making this fan ideal for cooling or ventilation of an area.
- quickmount for easy conversion from floor to wall mount - simply mount the included bracket to the wall and easily convert your fan from a floor fan to a wall fan. the fan's stand, clips right into the mount and in seconds you have a wall mounted fan
- built to last - with a metal fan cage and stand this fan is strong enough to last in workplace settings yet suitable for around the house thanks to built-in rubber pads on the fan stand
- simple no tools assembly - means you'll have your fan assembled in no time. simply follow the included instructions to assemble the fan with the fan stand and you're done
The Lasko 20” has a feature called Simple No Tools Assembly — which means you can assemble this fan in no time! And it has a QuickMount feature for easy conversion too. Whether you want it to be wall-mounted or just standing on the floor, its versatility alone makes it a must-buy!
The whole build itself is made of metal. This makes the fan strong enough to last even the toughest work setting. There are also rubber pads on the fan stand for easy transfer convenience.
You can choose from three-speed options, just like any other fans we previously mentioned. The fan’s powerful motor and fan blades provide a cooling breeze throughout the entirety of your garage gym.
- ideal for use in workshops, warehouses, stores and various commercial or residential spaces that require powerful air circulation
- xpower’s advanced high torque motor provides focused and extended airflow to create complete, continuous and whole-room air circulation
- rugged rack/stand for full 360º multidirectional airflow for many applications
- maximized energy efficiency with rated 2100 cfm while only drawing 1. 5 amps
- unique spiral grill and deep-pitched blade design provide air upwards to 170 ft.
The XPower FC-300 has a maximized energy-efficient system rated with 2100 CFM while only drawing 1.5 amps. So if you want to save money from skyrocketing electric bills, this is the fan you should get.
Its unique spiral grill and deep-pitched blade create focused airflow that travels up to 170 ft. It also has a rugged stand for full 360 degrees multidirectional airflow. This is all possible thanks to XPower’s advanced high torque motor. Thus, providing focused and extended airflow to create continuous whole-room air circulation.
Gym Fan Buying Guide
Fans come in different sizes. And buying a large one makes a big difference from smaller options. Big fans run at a slower speed, delivering non-disruptive airflow compared to small traditional fans.
2. Number Of Blades
More blades are equal to quieter fans. However, it produces less air and increases drag on the fan’s motor, leading to slow down. Lesser blades may have more air, but the fans will be a tad louder.
3. Mounting Options
Fans have different mounting options. Choosing ones that have triple mounting options is best for those who are looking for versatility when it comes to fan positions and arrangements.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a lot of significant differences between manufacturing and performance despite their similarities. Standard fans use inexpensive materials where their components are designed for residential or light duty uses. While industrial fans are designed with heavier duty materials, their components can operate longer to provide more airflow.
Yes, you can! But keep in mind that doing so will increase your electric bill and carbon footprint as well.
Electrical appliances can catch on fire. It’s essential to turn it off when no one’s using it. Leaving it on non-stop for too long will cause the motor to overheat, leading to a potential fire.
You need at least 1 CFM per square foot of the room area. To determine the square foot of your garage, use the length times width formula. For example, if your garage is about five feet wide and seven feet long, it has a 35 square foot area. So choose a fan that is suitable for at least 35 CFM.
Four-blade fans are less noisy but provide slower air compared to a three-blade fan. Do keep in mind that there are also price differences between the two. The more blades a fan has, the higher its price will be.