Evaporative coolers exist for a reason. Not only are they easy to use, but they also fit for those on a tight budget too.
5 Best-Selling Evaporative Air Cooler for Garage
And with a plethora of evaporation air cooler brands in the market today, finding the ideal one is not a walk in the park. But we highly recommend brands such as Hessaire, Honeywell, and Costway when it comes to evaporative air coolers.
There’s so much to love about evaporative air coolers, not just its cheap price. For example, it uses evaporated water to cool your space.
As a result, it only consumes 20% of electricity since it doesn’t rely on that much power. It is a great way to lessen your carbon footprint and start having a sustainable lifestyle.
- 1. OPOLAR Evaporative Humidifier
- 2. Honeywell Portable Evaporative Cooler
- 3. Vornado Evaporative Vortex
- 4. COSTWAY Evaporative Cooler
- 5. Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler
- Buying Guide
- Difference of Evaporative Air Cooler and Air Conditioners
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Evaporative Air Cooler for Garage
If you have a garage with a size of about 400 square feet, then Opolar’s Evaporative Humidifier does the trick for that. This one gives you the best of both worlds of affordability and functionality. Why? Because its features aren’t compromised for a price tag that’s below $100.
It comes with a 0.8-gallon water tank that covers small to medium-sized garages. Other features also include 360 degrees cooling and a special ‘sleep mode’ that makes the cooler quieter during sleeping hours.
Opolar also claims that it is a ‘no leak’ cooler, so rest assured that you won’t be seeing water drops anywhere when using this one.
- mimic the comfort of a cool lake breeze in your home with this compact portable spot cooler, built to cool your immediate area. couch, bed, workspace, dining table - the unit is compact and easily portable for personal evaporative cooling.
- easy maintenance and operation: a low water alarm, easy-access water fill door plus a washable dust filter and honeycomb cooling media makes for simple operation and maintenance.
- energy efficient cooling for dry climates: portable evaporative air coolers, or swamp coolers, work best in dry regions with relative humidity under 50-60%. highly energy efficient, with low power consumption, portable swamp coolers are a great cooling alternative to fans, providing a moist, cool breeze in the comfort of your own home.
- versatile 3-in-1 appliance: set for evaporative cooling or a more gentle, fan-only breeze during warm days, and use as a humidifier to keep air hydrated during the colder, winter months.
- not an air conditioner & not just a fan: reduces temperature through environmentally friendly water evaporation. air cooler is not an air conditioner and should not be expected to cool as efficiently as a refrigerated ac.
This tall cooler does wonder in cooling a large garage. But the best part is that it has a three in one cooling function. You can either use it as a cooler, a fan, or a humidifier. So no matter what season it is, there’s always a cooling function that suits right for your garage.
The package also comes with a remote control so you can navigate the cooler at your convenience. When it comes to aesthetics, the cooler has a tall build with a design that makes it look identical to air conditioning units.
- optimum performance — deep-pitched blades pull large volumes of dry air through two humidifying filters, and then circulate the humidified air throughout the room using vornado's signature vortex action, providing complete and uniform humidification in spaces up to 1, 000 sq. ft.
- large capacity — the 4-gallon capacity provides up to 4-gallons of water output in 24 hours when operated continuously on high, allowing for long, uninterrupted operation and fewer refills.
- simple controls — control panel allows you to select your fan speed (low/750 rpm, medium/1150 rpm, or high/1600 rpm) and your desired humidity level using the humidistat dial.
- low maintenance — two spill-proof and leak-free removable tanks are simple to clean and easy to refill.
- intelligent humidification — evap40 senses how much humidity and circulation is needed to maintain your ideal environment and makes adjustments automatically. made in the usa of u.s. and imported parts.
If you want a low maintenance cooler that also comes at a low price, look no further with the Vornado Evaporative Vortex. This one can cool up to 1000 square feet, making it best for garages with large spaces.
And speaking of low maintenance, the cooler is also spill and leak-proof. So you don’t have to worry about cleaning spills.
And thanks to its large four-gallon capacity, this cooler can last up to 12 hours of continuous usage. So if ever you are working on your garage overnight, this cooler got your back!
Looking for a large capacity cooler? Then say hello to Costway’s Evaporative Cooler. This one has a whopping eight gallons of capacity to let you cool your garage for 24 hours. The cooler itself has three wind modes, namely normal, natural, or sleeping.
These three modes also have customizable speed settings, so you can pick one in which airflow suits your garage best. What’s best is that it only operates at about 75 Watts of power, so you can save more energy while getting your much-needed cooling.
For user-friendliness, the control panel has led lights for an added visual effect. There are also multiple layers of dust filters inside so it can deliver cleaner air in your garage space. It also doesn’t consume too much space thanks to its ergonomic design.
- portable - 4 heavy duty locking casters for cooling home, patio or workshop spaces up to 950 square feet
- compact yet powerful – 38x16x24 inches; 3, 100 cubic feet per minute (cfm); 3 fan speeds and oscillating louvers to ensure even distribution, wide coverage and comfort
- easy to operate & simple to maintain – 3 simple rotary controls allow the fan (off, hi, med, low), pump (on, off) and oscillation motor (on, off) to be controlled independently
- manual & continuous fill – utilize the continuous fill option by attaching a household hose with the included float adaptor, eliminating the need to manually watch and fill the water tank
- supercharged, economical cooling – 3-sided rigid high-density cooling pads for increased evaporative surface area generating cooler air
Earlier, we said that not all evaporative coolers are affordable. And this one is the primary example of that.
However, don’t let the price turn you off because it has plenty to offer on the table. And since it’s a Hessaire product, rest assured that every penny you spent on this evaporative cooler is worth it.
The design of this evaporative cooler makes it look like a large air conditioning unit. However, there are wheels on the base, so you can just slide it across your garage wherever you want to put it. Tired of manual refills? Luckily, this evaporative cooler has a continuous fill feature too.
All you need is to attach a water hose to the float adapter included in the package. Once done, connect it to the cooler’s water gallon, and then you’re ready & set.
But how about its user-friendliness, you ask? There are only three rotary controls for the fan speed, pump, and oscillation motor.
The joy of having a portable evaporative cooler lets you move it around in your garage. So always opt for lightweight, easy to carry, or has wheels on the base.
2. Areal Cooling Effect
Garages come in different sizes, so it’s essential to opt for an evaporative cooler suitable for any garage size. Make sure to pick one that has an automatic swing system, too, so it will effectively cool your garage from any angle.
We mentioned earlier that evaporative coolers are cheap. However, not all cheap ones are worth your money. So prepare to see expensive ones too that almost matches the price of air conditioning units.
Difference of Evaporative Air Cooler and Air Conditioners
1. Cooling Method
Evaporative air cooler works when air passed through a wet pad then evaporates into the air. This way, it cools the air, adds humidity, and moistures space at the same time. You just have to control the water carefully and add water to the unit frequently so it will work properly. If you are living in a high humidity area, an evaporative air cooler is not the best appliance to use.
On the other hand, air conditioners remove water in the air by the use of chemical that is converted from gas into liquid then return into a gas again then the air conditioner will pull out the air moisture then blows this cool air from the compressor. Also, air conditioners are more controllable when it comes to home temperature since you can lower or higher it more and it is perfect for areas that have high humidity levels because it lowers the humidity while cooling the air.
Installing both air conditioners and evaporative air cooler always depends on the size and type of the unit you have purchased and where you decided to install it. So if you do not have any idea on how to install the unit it is best to hire an electrician or carpenter to do the installation.
3. Energy Efficient
Between the two, evaporative air coolers are more energy-efficient due to it only uses 15-35% of electricity compared to the air conditioner. The only thing is that evaporative air coolers need a consistent water supply for them to properly work.
Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to cooling ability, air conditioners are still king. Evaporative coolers are best used for humid environments.
If your evaporative cooler starts to show signs of leaking, turn it off immediately to avoid further accidents. That’s why it’s vital to opt for an evaporative cooler with a built-in leak protection feature.
Yes! Most evaporative coolers in the market today are built to be clean and green. So when choosing one, make sure to check how much wattage it uses and if it comes with special eco-friendly features.
Yes, it is. Evaporative coolers are built to act like an air conditioning unit that can run overnight. Though keep in mind that this also depends on its gallon capacity too.
When cleaning your evaporative cooler, make sure to focus on the water pan and ensure it’s clear from moss. Do this regularly for about twice or thrice a week.