If you have a garage woodshop or a place where you occasionally carve wood, an air filtration system is an essential requirement. In no way do you want to breathe bad air and risk your respiratory organ.
5 Best-Selling Air Filtration for Garage Woodshop
- 1. WEN Basic Air Filtration System
- 2. JET 708620B 3-Speed Air Filtration System with Electrostatic Pre-Filter
- 3. POWERTEC AF4000 3-Speed Air Filtration System
- 4. Shop Fox W1830 3-Speed Hanging Air Filter
- 5. Jet 708615 AFS CFM 3 Speed Air Filtration System
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike the ones we use at home, air filtrations for garage woodshop are fitted with additional features. Also known as air purifiers, woodshop air filtration systems suck up the air and remove contaminants using internal and external filters.
From effective filtering to high-quality construction to modern features, these units have it all. If you are looking for the best air filtration for garage woodshop, this review will help you. Continue reading to learn about some of the best.
Reviews of 5 Top Rated Air Filtration for Garage Woodshop
1. WEN Basic Air Filtration System
WEN 3410 3Speed RemoteControlled ( Basic W/ RF Remote (400 CFM) , Black)
- includes a 1-micron filter and a 5-micron pre-filter, both of which can be easily replaced
- dimensions – 17” l x 20.5” w x 10” h | electrical requirements – 120v, 60 hz, 1a | air flow – 300/350/400 cubic feet per minute | cover rooms up to – 400 sq ft. | noise rating – 50 to 60 db
- programmable timer automatically shuts unit off after set number of minutes
- remote control allows users to set timer, change speed and power the unit on and off from up to 26 feet away
- rf remote system allows for operation from any angle of the room, even if direct line of vision is obstructed
WEN Basic Air Filtration System is probably one of the best air filtration systems out there. As a 3 speed machine, it’s meant for use in spacious rooms such as offices and homes.
Featuring an outer and inner filter of 5 microns and 1 micron, it will suck up all the wood debris and foul odors with no trouble at all. With its infrared remote control, you can program it the way you like or use the remote control to turn it on after shutting down.
The amazing thing is its noise level. Even at the highest speed, it will only produce a noise of 60 decibels. This makes it the best filtration system to use if you don’t like noise.
Besides being quite cheap, it does the job quite well. If one is not enough for your needs, you can buy another one.
2. JET 708620B 3-Speed Air Filtration System with Electrostatic Pre-Filter
JET AFS1000B Air Filtration ( CFM, 115V 1PH (708620B))
- air filtering efficiency: outer filter captures 98% of 5-micron particles, while inner filter captures 85% of 1-micron particles
- convenient controls: the remote control has built-in timer with 2/4/8-hour settings (system automatically shuts off)
- versatile positioning: four eye bolts let you hang the unit from shop ceiling, and foam pads keep from marring your workbench
- reusable filter: inner pocket filter is removable for easy cleaning with air and water
- simple mobility: easy grip handles allows simple and quick portability
JET 708620B AFS is a powerful air filtration unit with a 3-speed system. With its fan capable of moving up to an astounding, 556 CFM, 702 CFM, and 1,044 CFM, this is the best machine for heavily polluted places.
Fitted with two filters, you’ll not only filter your air clean but also wash and reuse them a number of times. You just need to give them a quick blast over the air compressor before cleaning them under running water.
Just like others, it’s not meant to trap small pieces of debris. However, if you have a garage woodshop, they’ll work great at trapping debris and expelling clean air.
To allow you to control the power switch and timer, it has an infrared remote control. You can comfortably use the remote at a distance of up to 10 feet away from the system. The best part is that you can hang it up so as to create space for work.
3. POWERTEC AF4000 3-Speed Air Filtration System
POWERTEC AF4000 Remote Controlled ( System (300/350/400 CFM))
- includes: 3-speed air filtration system with remote, inner/ outer micron filters, and mounting hardware (no tools required)
- filters: 5-micron outer filter removes larger dust particles, while the 1-micron inner filter catches the rest, eliminating 99% of airborne particulates
- cfm speed: offers 3 different air flow speed variations at a rate of 300, 350 or 400 cubic feet per minute
- infrared remote controller: allows you to change the speed and power, plus possesses a built in 3 timer setting with 1hr, 2hr, 4hr options
- convenient design: this shop air filtration system features a lightweight design and comes with hooks for easy installation to any ceiling
If you are looking for an affordable and robust air filtration system for your garage woodshop, this is the right one. Just like other models, it’s fitted with two easy to change filters and 3-speed settings of 300, 350, or 400 CFM.
Covered by sturdy steel housing with a handle for easy transportation and 4 hanging eyes, this is the right unit for your garage. Although it lacks rubber feet, it works just well when used as a standing system.
Measuring 24” X 20” X 13” and weighing 35.1 lbs. it’s not only light but compact as well. Since it runs very quietly you don’t have to worry about noise.
The best part is that it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty. So in case of anything you can always return it to the manufacturers.
4. Shop Fox W1830 3-Speed Hanging Air Filter
Shop Fox W1830 3Speed ( Filter, White)
- 1/8 horsepower, 120-volt, single phase, csa certified
- airflow capacity: 260, 362, and 409 cfm
- 3 speeds: 1200, 1400 and 1750 rpm
- 20-inch w x 17-inch d x 10-inch h
- weighs 31 pounds
As a robust little machine, Shop Fox is just in the same league as other air filtration systems for garage woodshops. Working at a low speed it has an airflow of 260 CFM and 360 CFM on medium settings.
Having a dimension of 17” X 20” X 10” and weight of 34 lbs. it’s equipped with remote control and timer settings for 1,2 and 4 hours. If you are not in the woodshop and wish to leave it working, you just need to set the timer
In addition, it has a carrying handle and hanging hooks just like others. As compared to other air filtration systems changing and cleaning the filters is a breeze.
Since it has a 2-year warranty, you can buy it in peace knowing that you are covered. You can also buy it in peace knowing you are getting a good machine.
5. Jet 708615 AFS CFM 3 Speed Air Filtration System
JET AFS2000 Air Filtration ( Speed, 115V 1PH (708615))
- three-filter system: 5-micron outer filter, 1-micron inner filter, and slot for an electrostatic filter.
- hang from ceiling: four eye bolts let you hang unit from shop ceiling (all hardware included).
- adjustable exhaust: direct the air where you want it for optimal circulation.
- remote control: has a built-in timer with 2/4/8-hour settings.
- overload protection: fully-enclosed ball bearing motor has overload protection.
Jet 708615 AFS CFM 3 Speed Air Filtration System is a very good choice for large and professional woodshops. Widely considered as the best unit for woodworking professionals, it features modern features, smart design, and the best filtering capabilities.
Apart from looking good, it will mesmerize you with excellent performance. With a power potent of 1/3 HP motor, it will put out an unbelievable 1700 CFM. Regardless of how large your garage woodshop is, you’ll get clean breathable air.
Its 5 and 1 microns will also collect all the debris and in your shop. Extremely easy to clean, you don’t need any tools to do this.
Weighing only 121 pounds, you can comfortably mount it to the ceiling however high it is, and control it with remote control. Alongside this, it has an excellent design that makes its performance effective while also ensuring durable life
1. Size of the Woodshop
Before settling on the best air filtration system for a garage woodshop, you need to consider the size of the woodshop. If your shop is larger than 400 square meters, choose a large and powerful filtration system with high airflow.
2. The Intensity of the Woodworking
It’s also important to determine the intensity of the shop. Ask yourself whether you have multiple workers or few workers working at the same time. If you have multiple workers, look for a big high airflow filtration system that can clean the air faster.
3. Air Rating and Air Speeds
If you are looking for specific air changes, your unit should provide a suitable CFM rating. You also need to choose one with variable speeds so you can control the amount of noise being produced.
4. The Type of the Filter
Although some filters can be washed and used again, others cannot. With this in mind, choose one depending on the type of filter you are looking for.
5. Portability or Fixed Installation
Most woodshop air filtration systems are meant to be hung. There are also others that can be used as portable units. So choose one depending on the type you are looking for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Try to mount the air filter about 8-10 feet above the ground. You also need to put it along the longest wall.
The right air filters should be able to trap all the particles including the ones as small as 0.3 microns.
No. Apart from purifying the air, some air filtration units are fitted with an activated carbon filter to remove the gases and absorb odors. As compared to other filters, they are a little bit expensive
Yes. These filtration systems can help relieve asthma. In addition to handling asthma triggers, they can help you maintain a healthy environment
You must keep in mind that you need to get an air filtration based on the size of your garage. Just like the above, your preferred filter should have the right airflow, right filter efficiency, and the best filtration technology. With this review and guide, choosing one should not be an issue.
- 10 Best Smoke Carbon Monoxide Detectors for Garage: Safety First! - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Sound Bars For Garage Gym: Entertain Yourself While Working Out - March 18, 2021
- 10 Best Shoes for Working in the Garage: Comfort & Protection for Your Feet - March 17, 2021