Dumbbells are the very basic level requirements for any gym setup. The first thing that comes into the mind of most when someone talks about the gym is the dumbbell. This is one of the finest fitness tools that most modern-day youth love to have at home. Keeping the ongoing pandemic, environmental concerns, no wonder would be to see home gyms become as usual as of home toilets. As the best place for home gyms are the garages (unless you are super rich), most people refer to it as the garage gym.
10 Best-Selling Dumbbells for Garage Gym
Having limited space for your gym equipment, the first thing that is looked for in these garage gyms is the dumbbell. So if you are looking forward to buying a dumbbell set for your garage gym, the following options are highly recommended. Yes, we understand that it’s a garage gym, so you want it under the budget. Keeping the same in mind, the following options provided are all thoroughly cost-effective. In short, these are the best dumbbells for garage gym.
- 1. Yes4all Adjustable Dumbbells
- 2. The Titan Rubber Hex Dumbbells
- 3. Bowflex Selecttech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
- 4. SPRI Deluxe Rubber Dumbbells
- 5. Merax Deluxe 71.5LBS Adjustable Dial Dumbbells
- 6. CAP Barbell Rubber-Coated Hex Dumbbells
- 7. Power Block Elite Dumbbells
- 8. XMark Fitness Rubber Coated Hex Dumbbells
- 9. The JFIT Rubber Hex Dumbbell
- 10. Body-Solid Rubber Hex Coated Dumbbells
- Benefits of Having Gym Equipment at Home
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Dumbbells for Garage Gym
- set of 2 dumbbells - 200 lbs total (100 lbs each side): two 16”x1.15” handles, sixteen 10-pound plates, four 5-pound plates, four 2.5-pound plates, four collars
- cast iron weight plates fit 1.15-inch standard bar: accommodate all standard 1.15-inch handles. durable cast iron plates covered with black paint finish preventing rust and corrosion for lifetime use
- 16-inch diamond knurled chrome handle: constructed of high-quality, textured chrome handle for secure, firm, and non-slip grip
- star-lock collars with loose-resistant rubber trims: threaded ends with star-lock collars provide a safe, secure workout & easy weight plate changes
- easy use & storage: take seconds to assemble and take out. compact, convenient, and easy to use and store. all-for-one dumbbells eliminate the need for multiple dumbbells in your workout space
If you aim to gain muscle mass sticking to your garage gym routine, then the Yes4All Adjustable dumbbells are the best options for you. Starting from 40-pound pairs to 200 pounds, one can explore it in different ranges. This is often recommended for beginners as here changing weight is quite easy. Moreover, these dumbbells don’t occupy too much garage space as well. Best part is that one can convert these easily into barbells as well. There is least or negligible threat of corrosion and all with it.
This is a premiere Titan fitness product. Titan Rubber Hex Dumbbells are highly favored being available in varieties of lengths. This makes it a more suitable option for the pros. One can have these dumbbells in a complete set, i.e., comprising of ten dumbbells. These dumbbells come in total weight of around 150 lbs. Those having garage space constraints can find it an equally good option as well as of the above.
- includes 1-year jrny membership ($149 value; auto renews when trial ends unless cancelled 48 hours prior to trial end date)
- 5 - 52.5 lbs per adjustable dumbbell
- easy-to-use selection dials
- 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and 52.5 lb.
- functional, full-body strength for your legs, back, chest, abs, shoulders and arms
Bowflex Selecttech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells are certainly the best dumbbells for garage gym, being available in a huge range, starting from 5 pounds to that of 52.5 pounds. It’s quite easy to use these gyms upon adjusting; all that is essential is to turn the side dials. It’s perfect for garage gym as it occupies least possible space. Being thoroughly adjustable, a pair of this dumbbell can help you with various kinds of exercises. For greater experience, proper molding has been provided with these dumbbell sets across the plates.
- rubber dumbbell: hand weights are built to a professional grade quality and designed for commercial gyms and clubs to be used 100 times a day versus 100 times a year in a home gym
- comfort fit grip: chrome-contoured handles designed to fit comfortably in palm of hands - the textured handle grip provides a tight and secure grip
- hex-shaped hand weight: unique hex shape prevents rolling and stacks and stores easily on the floor or dumbbell and weight racks, allowing you to keep a tidy and organized gym floor
- rubber encased coating: the thick and durable rubber end coating increases durability, protects flooring, enhances appearance, is easy to clean and reduces noise
- sold as pairs: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, and 25lbs. / sold as singles: 30, 35, 40, 45 and 50lbs
SPRI rubber deluxe hex dumbbells are quite user-friendly is made up of top quality chrome. Its contoured design makes it even more effective from user’s point of view. This design provides perfect fitting within the palm, letting the user work out with a lot of confidence. Being available in pairs makes it even more interesting. These dumbbells can be explored in various segments ranging from 3, 8, to 12 lb categories. All in all, these dumbbells provide good value for money.
- each dumbbell adjust from 11 lbs to 71.5 lbs in 5.5 lb increments.
- with the unique dial system, you can rapidly switch from one exercise to the next.
- combines 12 sets of weights into one offering versatile workout for your whole body.
- with one adjustable dial dumbbell, there is no need for buying other dumbbells, which can save a lot of space for your home gym.
- worldwide two year warranty. shipped in multiple packages, may arrive at different time. merax dumbbell is measured by kg. the handle you receive may be black or electropated, but they are all manufactured by merax.
Merax Deluxe Adjustable Dial Dumbbell is one of the most distinguishing of its kind piece that comes with an explicit dial system enabling the user to smooth adjustment of the weight. Being made up of best quality metal, these weights are thoroughly enduring in nature. These dumbbells are quite assuring in nature as well from a safety perspective. With grips made up of best quality rubber, it helps the users in having perfect hilt and avoiding threats of unconscious dropping. Moreover, the weights are tightly locked, ensuring no shaking while being used.
- #versatile – dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle groups or attain a full body workout.
- #construction – heads are made from astm a48 class 20 grey iron coated in 90 shore hardness pvc joined together by a solid 1018 cold rolled steel chromed handle.
- #features – original hex shaped heads prevent rolling. the medium depth knurling on the ergo handle provides essential grip and security during use. pvc coating is extremely durable and does not have an odor.
- #functional – perfect for isolations, full body, functional and hiit workouts.
- #choices – this dumbbell group from cap is available in sizes from 5 - 50 lbs in 5lb increments. sold as a pair.
CPA Barbell rubber dumbbells are considered among the best dumbbells for garage gym from a qualitative perspective. Being constructed using high-end steels and enriched with superior rubber coat at either end makes these dumbbells even more significant. The CAP is indeed a brand that is quite known for its greater quality. Its wider shaft makes it even more effective and user-friendly. Similar is the case about the handled of it with greater thickness. Users can find it in a range of weight increments as well. Those looking for a nice option above 120 lbs range can indeed find it a great option.
Power Block Elite Dumbbells are known for their explicit designs and are perfect for using at places with space constraints. Materials used in their construction are of supreme quality helping the user in having the perfect grip. Flawless distribution of the weight makes these dumbbells significant from a usage perspective. One may opt for 50, 70, or 90 lb sets. Well, irrespective of the set one goes with, there remain various settings to opt for. These dumbbells are known for providing incredible control.
If you are just uncompromising in terms of quality for your garage gym, then Xmark rubber dumbbells are certainly the best recommendations for you. Best part about these dumbbells is that these are equally significant for the beginners and the pros. This is so as the dumbbells can be found in pairs, as well as in single pieces. It means one can select irrespective of the two options. There remains proper rubber coating around the edges for greater safety if the dumbbell drops from the hand. One must not have a little doubt about quality as these are made up of best quality material. No need to worry about the rubber odor with it as it goes away in absolutely no time, though the rubber coating is significantly thick. The weights are made available to be bought in pairs.
- multi-functional: with our single weight hex dumbbells, you can incorporate them into any fitness or strength training routine, whether repairing a torn rotator, targeting stabilizing muscles, making this training weight is a must
- maximize your potential: built from high-quality materials, these dumbbells are perfect for beginner and advanced users, with a solid knurled grip that will help to intensify any workout for both men and women
- compact and convenient: featuring a hexagon design, these anti-rolling free weights are easy on the wrists and ideal for home use, travel, outdoors, or at the gym, allowing you to take your workout wherever you go
- reach your goals: perfect for overall health, balance, and weight management, dumbbells are also great for aerobics, cardio, yoga, and strength-building, aiding in exercises that burn calories and improve stamina
- build your intensity: sold in singles, our durable rubber hex dumbbells feature easy-to-read numbers, providing a comfy grip and protection against calluses as you push through your workout
Best part about the JFIT rubber Hex dumbbell is that these can be availed in a 5lbs version, which makes it suitable for the beginners. However, there are various options in terms of variety one can have with it to select from. Moreover, the JFIT Rubber Hex Dumbbells do come in a range of features to select from. Starting from being available in having rubber elastic coating for perfect usage in hex form to its comfy gripping, there are many advantages of these dumbbells. With proper gripping and high-end coating, these JFIT Rubber Hex dumbbells are thoroughly accomplishing from a safety perspective. This one of the best dumbbells for garage gym is quite a space-saving in nature as well.
Body solid rubber Hex coated dumbbells are excellent in terms of their top-quality grip. Made up of superior quality, these Body-Solid rubber hex coated dumbbells are also provided with an excellent coating. This is the reason that it is so much assured from the threats of cracks and in terms of its ability to resist fading. There are a lot of varieties available as well in this segment to pick from. One doesn’t need to worry about the odor of rubber; it fades away in no time.
Benefits of Having Gym Equipment at Home
1. Active Brain
Doing weight lifting and any exercises will give your life a boost of productivity and energy even if you are at home. 30 minutes of workout or cardio will pump extra blood on your brain that delivers oxygen and nutrients it needs to perform at max production.
2. Reduce Stress
Releasing endorphins regularly into your body is one of the best ways to reduce stress and anxiety. With that in mind, the best way to release endorphins is to do exercises. Did you get it right?
3. Saves you Money
Having your own gym equipment at home will save you from paying for gym memberships, saves you time to go to the gym, and stops you from going out especially it is not safe to go out because of the pandemic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each of the specified above dumbbells is equally significant for the beginners. However, considering the constant safety threats associated with the beginners, the rubber-coated dumbbells would indeed be the best recommendation. There remains no threat of floor cracking upon unconscious falling of these dumbbells. From a beginner’s perspective, one must go with those options which provide various ranges. Powerblock Elite Dumbbells, as explained above, can be a nice example in this context.
It’s not about garage gym or any specialized fitness studio; quality is given equal prominence for all-purpose. To make it simple, quality can be judged in terms of the longevity of the construction material. In this context, those made up of quality stainless steel would be a nice recommendation. From those listed above, CAPBarbell Rubber-Coated Hex Dumbbells are certainly the best options to go with.
The simplest answer for this would be to go with any of the rubber-coated dumbbells. Among the ones listed above, the Body-Solid Rubber Hex Coated Dumbbells certainly are the best picks, though each of the mentioned above dumbbell is provided with an excellent coating.
Again, Body-Solid Rubber Hex Coated Dumbbells would be specifically a great pick for all those who emphasize more towards gripping.
Each of the mentioned above can be picked as the best dumbbells for a garage gym. These are qualitatively well enriched and designed keeping the contemporary gym freaks in mind. Most importantly, these are all made, keeping the space constraints of the garage gym users in mind. Being made up of quality material makes these dumbbells assure users from an endurance perspective. Now, all that the concerned user has to do is pick the best option as per his/her weight range.