Diesel heaters are the perfect alternative to your electric heaters, and they can effectively heat a large space within a few seconds. These machines utilize diesel for fuel. Some also come with a battery. So, you can run them during the power outage to keep the place warm. Besides, these heaters will save your money that you will have to spend on installing an electric supply for the electric heater.
10 Best-Selling Diesel Heaters for Garage
However, with so many options, you may find it quite challenging to get the best one. While buying, you will have to pay attention to some features to make sure that you are buying a heater that will fulfil your requirements. You need to check the coverage area capacity, tank capacity and, dimensions and more such factors.
But don’t worry at all as we have made it a little easier for you by offering you a list of top 10 diesel heaters for garage. Let’s have a look at those products.
- 1. Sengoku HeatMate Heater
- 2. Mr. Heater Forced Air Heater
- 3. Dura Heat Indoor Heater
- 4. Dyna-Glo Indoor Heater
- 5. Mr. Heater Garage Heater With 175,000 BTU
- 6. Dura Heat 135K BTU Heater
- 7. DeWalt Heater
- 8. Dura Heat TT-360
- 9. Pro-Temp Radiant Heater
- 10. Mr. Heater Big Maxx Heater
- Why Choose Diesel Heaters?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Diesel Heaters for Garage
- perfect for emergency heating or zone heating of rooms up to 380 square feet
- the large capacity 1.2 gallon/4.5 liter fuel tank will keep you warm for up to 14 hours on one fill
- features an automatic safety shut off, easy push button start (no matches or electricity required), ez flame adjuster, tip over switch, and protective safety grills.
- this heater is also great for outdoor usage on patio, deck, gazebo and other recreational areas
- it’s new burner design protects from the wind and ensures proper performance.
This heater is a perfect option for one-car as well as a two-car garage as it is designed to heat a space of 380 square feet. It comes with a 4.5-litre of a fuel tank. This is enough to keep the machine running for around 12 to 14 hours. Talking about its features, it has an auto shut off feature, EZ flame adjuster, pushes the start button, protective grill and tip-over switch. Not just for your garage, you can use this for the outdoor usage on different recreational areas. It produces 10,000 BTU. You will love this diesel heater for garage.
- operates approximately 11 hours on full tank
- offers fixed heat output of 75,000 btu's
- constructed of rugged, durable steel and has a heavy-duty high output fan
- provides instant heat that is economical, efficient
- includes thermostat, lighted on/off switch, fuel gauge, six-function led diagnostics
Comes under USD 220, this heater is powerful enough to heat a large area of around 600 square feet within five to ten minutes. With a full tank, it can run for around 11 hours. The output level of the machine is 75,000 BTU. If you look at the construction style, you will find it durable as steel material is used in this. To throw the heat, it comes with a heavy-duty fan. It is designed to cover around 2000 square feet area. The heater has a fuel gauge, LED indicators, thermostat and on/off switches.
If you are looking for a heater that can project heat in a 360-degree direction, then this can be the best option for you. It is powerful enough to produce 23,800 BTU, and it can offer continuous heat for around 8 to 10 hours. That is quite impressive. What’s more? It comes with no-lift heat chamber design that reduces the startup odour. There are protective grills around the surface areas to keep your hand protected. Under USD 150, this is a good heater for your garage.
- 23,000 btu/hour
- heats up to 1,000 sq.ft.
- no electricity needed
- save on utility bills!
- dependable - ideal for emergency use or daily use
This product is very easy to use. The automatic ignition feature makes it very comfortable to eat. It comes with a one-touch shut-off feature. It is powerful enough to generate 23,000 BTU per hour. With such a level of heating power, it can easily heat around 1,000 square feet area within a few minutes. Speaking about the tank capacity, it is 1.9 gallons. It is easy to carry, and you can comfortably move it to different places as per your heating requirements.
- 175,000-btu forced-air kerosene heater up to 4,375 square feet
- 14-gallon fuel tank provides up to 10 hours of heat; adjustable thermostat
- high-output fan; no-flame and over-heat safety sensors with auto shut-off
- power indicator light; cord storage; oversized pneumatic tires for smooth transport
- measures approximately 18 by 40-1/5 by 22 inches; 1-year limited warranty
A super-powerful heater that can easily heat around 5000 square feet area. The heater generates 175,000 BTU and keeps running for about 10 hours. All thanks to its big 14-gallon fuel tank. The best part is it comes with an adjustable thermostat. Besides, you will also get an overheat sensor that will shut off the machine automatically when it reaches a particular heat level. Even though it weighs around 30kg, you can easily move it comes equipped with pneumatic tires. If you have a large garage, go for this one.
- multi-fuel capable - tested with k-1 kerosene, #1 and #2 fuel oil and diesel, jp-8 and jet-a fuels
- commercial grade construction
- led digital temperature indicator and diagnostics
- piggyback power plug
- large capacity fuel tank; front and rear lift handles; flat free tires
This kerosene heater is quite popular among the people who have a three-car garage. What is the reason behind this? Well, it has a multi-fuel feature. That means it can work with fuel oil, diesel, Jet-A fuel, JP-8 and K-1 kerosene. The construction quality meets the commercial grade. With its LED digital temperature indicator, you can have an eye on the temperature level. The fuel tank capacity is large enough to keep it running for around 8 to 10 hours. Don’t think that it will be difficult to move as it comes with flat-free tires and lift-handles on both the front and rear side. The wattage capacity of this heater is 1500 watts.
- recessed controls
- typical uses work shops, barns, job sites, home remodeling
- csa certified
Construction professionals and commercial garage owners have been using this heater for years as an ideal heat source. So, you can also trust this heater to effectively warm up your garage during winter. The things that make it better are its glove-friendly controls, thermostats, enclosed motors and high-level output. This product is CSA certified, and that means it is completely safe to use. This heater for garage weighs around 35 pounds, but with its wheels, you can easily move around.
- built-in tip over shut off device requires that heater and tank be in upright position for proper lighting and operation
- tank must be placed on stable flat surface only
- heater may not operate properly in windy conditions.
- outdoor/construction use only-heating area: up to 1,000 sq ft
- match light/tip-over safety shut off
This heater can heat 1000 square feet area within around 10 to 15 minutes. The tank capacity is 20lbs and can keep offering you heat for around 10 to 12 hours without any issues. Prefer to place the tank on a flat surface for safety. It comes with match light and tip-over auto shut off feature to provide your better safety. It uses the radiant heating method. The burner is covered by a rust-resistant guard. You can get it under only USD 90.
- 70,000 btu heat output
- heats up to 1,750 square feet
- operates 7 hours on full 4-gallon tank
- radiant and fan forced heating system
- power on/off switch
Different from other forced air heaters available in the market, this heater produces a lower level of noise. Besides, it utilizes radiant heat system, and there is a powerful fan that pushes out the hot air. While creating 70,000 BTUs per hour, it can easily cover around 1800 Square feet. The fuel tank capacity is four gallons and can run for around 8 hours continuously.
- 50,000 btu per hour heats up to 1250 sq. ft.
- powered exhaust allows for vertical or horizontal venting
- easy outside access to thermostat and a/c terminals and gas connection
- natural gas to liquid propane conversion kit and 2 angle brackets for ceiling mount included
- minimum 8 ft clearance from floor to base of heater required; limited 3 year warranty on parts and burners and 10 year warranty on any defects in the heat exchanger
This heater can heat up to 1300 square feet area while producing 50,000 BTU per hour. It supports horizontal and vertical venting. With this product, you will get a 3-year limited warranty on its burners and parts. It is very compact.
Why Choose Diesel Heaters?
1. Safety Features
Since this type of heater runs on gas, safety should be of the utmost priority. Choose the heater with an automatic shut-off feature.
These types usually come with various sensors that tell the heater if it is still operating in optimal conditions. Otherwise, if it senses danger, like low oxygen levels in the surrounding, it will automatically shut off.
2. Temperature Control
Diesel heaters have advanced microprocessors that allow them to control airflow and combustion. This way it can provide a variable fan speed that lets them keep comfortable and stable temperatures in your garage.
The exterior of diesel heaters is made of a highly durable material that is easy to handle and also made of fire-retardant materials, heat-resistant casing, and solid workmanship for safety and durability.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a fact that while making a major investment, you will think like no amount of data is sufficient to make the decision. Even though we have mentioned down top 10 diesel heaters for you, you may still have some queries. So, here are some basic FAQs that may help you in making the right choice.
Well, both the heaters are good, and they have their pros and cons. For example, electric heaters will consume more electricity, and this will make you deal with a big electricity amount. On the other hand, a diesel running heater can offer you extra mileage. However, you may find electric options a little powerful. So, the choice is yours.
To keep your garage warm during winter, you can use any one of the above-mentioned diesel heaters. Along with that, you need to make sure that your garage is well insulated which will keep the heat from going out. This way you can enjoy your working hours in your garage.
Yes, you can use them without any issue. The products which have listed here are 100 percent safe and made of durable material, following all the safety standards. Besides, they come equipped with different modes and auto power-off features to offer your maximum level of safety. So, don’t think much and just buy them now.
Most of the heaters for the garage follow an easy installation process. That means all you need to take them out from the box, place them at the place where you need the heat, and start it. That’s it. Your heater is ready to offer you comfortable heat.
It completely depends on the size of your garage. For example, if your garage is large enough to park two cars, then you will need a heater that can produce 45,000 BTU. On the other hand, for your three-car garage, around 50,000 to 60,000 BTU will be enough. So, check your garage size before buying one.