It is a fact that batteries are a crucial part of your lives as they powerup all types of items that you utilize to make your life comfortable and to keep your things safe. For example, garage door keypad. You use this keypad to keep your garage locked and safe when you are away from your home. However, to keep it running, you will need good quality 9-volt batteries. If you look out for such batteries, you will get a lot of options.
You may think that every battery is the same, but there are some differences between different types. Some batteries can be charged and re-used while other types of batteries can’t. So, you need to get the best one. Are you looking for the best 9-volt batteries for garage door keypad? Well, here we have listed down some options for you to make your search process a little easier.
10 Best-Selling 10 9-volt Battery for Garage Door keypad
- 1. AmazonBasics 9 Volt Lithium batteries
- 2. Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries
- 3. Bonai rechargeable 9V batteries
- 4. Energizer NIMH rechargeable battery
- 5. Max lithium 9-volt rechargeable battery
- 6. Duracell Procell 9-volt batteries
- 7. EBL 9-volt rechargeable batteries
- 8. PKCELL 9V Maximum Power Dry Battery
- 9. ACDelco alkaline 9-volt batteries
- 10. Rayovac fusion 9V batteries
- How do I Find the Right Battery for my Keypad?
- Are all 9 Volt Batteries the Same?
- Which Brand of 9V Battery Lasts the Longest?
- Do all Garage Keypads have Batteries?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Reviews of 10 Top Rated 10 9-volt Battery for Garage Door keypad
1. AmazonBasics 9 Volt Lithium batteries
Amazon Basics 9 Volt ( Battery - Pack Of 4)
- in the box: 4-pack of 9-volt alkaline batteries for reliable performance across a wide range of devices
- device compatible: ideal for household items like garage door openers, smoke detectors, radios, toys, and more
- designed to last: improved design offers a 5-year leak-free shelf life; store for emergencies or use right away
- easy use & storage: ships in easy-to-open packaging
- single use: these batteries are not rechargeable; for rechargeable options, check out amazon basics rechargeable batteries
If you are buying at frequent intervals, batteries will get a little expensive for you. Well, not anymore, as Amazon Basics battery makes it quite easier for you by offering good quality batteries at an affordable price. With this pack, you will get eight 9-volt batteries with a 5-year shelf life. You will also get a 1-year warranty. However, the batteries are not rechargeable. Besides garage door keypads, you can use it with toys, radios, smoke detectors, and more. The batteries also come with lithium configuration. The product will ship in Certified Frustration-free packaging.
2. Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries
Energizer Ultimate Lithium 9V ( 2-Pack - L522BP2)
- made in china
- manufactured by energizer batteries- consumables
- product type: energizer ultimate 9 volt batteries
If you are looking for a long life 9-volt battery, then go for this one. You will get two batteries in this single pack. The batteries are quite lighter than the standard alkaline batteries. These are developed to offer long-lasting performance. Besides, Energizer Ultimate battery can perform well in extreme temperature conditions, starting from -40-degree F to 140-degree F. Another best thing about these batteries is they come with leak-resistant structure. You can use the batteries in cameras, smoke detectors, GPS units, toys, hunting scopes, and more.
3. Bonai rechargeable 9V batteries
BONAI Rechargeable 9V Batteries ( Metal Detector Etc - Long-Lasting & Economical)
- 600mah li-ion rechargeable 9v batteries(pack of 4). note: 9v lithium-ion batteries on market are often called a "9-volt battery", which is a type name. actually, its nominal voltage is 7.4v. because it uses two cells connected in series (3.7–4.2 v nominal each). when fully charged, the voltage is about 8.4v.
- no memory effect & low-self discharge,holding capacity effectively,not have to change every day.
- bonai 9v rechargeable batteries with great quality,1200 cycle ,even if it is charged every day,it can be used for more than 3 years.
- bonai 9v batteries rechargeable are perfect for smoke alarms, metal detector, professional audio, toys, guitar, medical devices and more.
- bonai - we are a professional battery manufacturer with 10 years of experience and we have been doing our best to meet customer needs. --【support after sales】1 year warranty, if you have any questions,submit a claim via email,we will reply you within 24 hours.
A high-quality Li-ion battery like this from the producer Bonai can be a great choice for you if you are looking for a long-lasting battery. The batteries support up to 1200 recharge. Even if charged every day, the battery can be used for up to 3 years. The power holding capacity is quite effective, and they offer low-self discharge. You will get four batteries with one year of limited warranty. They have multiple layers for effective overcharging protection. The initial cost may seem a little higher, but in the long run, you will save your money. It can be said that this is the best 9-colte battery for the regular high-power applications.
4. Energizer NIMH rechargeable battery
2 Energizer Rechargeable 9 ( Batteries, (NH22NBP))
- recharge 9v battery can be charged 100's times
- 8.4v nimh 175mah
These NIMH-Nic-metal Hydride batteries may have a high initial cost, but as you can recharge the batteries up to 1000 times, in the long run, you will find them very economical. These batteries come with a faster recharge rate and designed to be used for high-power applications. Well, for best results, prefer to use the batteries with Energizer chargers. The batteries take only 15 minutes to get full. They don’t have any toxic substances, such as cadmium. If you compare, you will find these batteries offering more recharge than other batteries. On the other hand, the self-discharge rate is also quite low, i.e., 1 percent per year.
5. Max lithium 9-volt rechargeable battery
Maxlithium 9v Batteries Rechargeable ( Lithium-ion Capacity 800mAh)
- 9v rechargeable battery，lithium-ion rechargeable , cycle life more than 300 times, features low self-discharge. no memory effect.
- maxlithium 9v rechargeable battery real capacity up to 800mah, at least 2 times of regular alkalkine battery and 3 times of nimh battery, lasting time siignificantly increased ,
- it's the ideal alternative for single use 9v batteries and nimh battery, especially economical for high frequently used devices , it would significantly decrease waste and pollution to our environment.
- the related usb charger for 9v rechargeable battery is easy to connect with any dc5v usb outlet, such as wall chargers, power bank usb port, car chargers. less than 2hrs to fully charge 3 batteries, the charger with low heating loss during charging process.
- the 9v rechargeable battery pack including:4 x 9v rechargeable batteries lithium-ion; highly recommend to use maxlithium related 9v charger for recharging.. warranty 2 years.
These 9-volt batteries come with a charger and have Li-ion cells. In this pack, you will get four 9-volt batteries. The batteries are non-toxic and environmentally friendly. With low self-discharge and no memory effect, you will find them a good option for your garage door keypad. The low self-discharge rate is lower than 1 percent every month. The capacity of these batteries is 800mAh and will keep your door keypad running for a long time. The battery supports fast-charging and takes 3 hours to get fully charged. Even though you can use them up to 300 charges, you will still find them economically.
6. Duracell Procell 9-volt batteries
Duracell Procell 9 Volt ( Batteries, 3-Pound)
- industrial use
- duracell procell
- long lasting alkaline power cells
These batteries come under Amazon’s best sellers list. With the highest quality, these batteries are developed for various industrial as well as residential applications. For the unwavering reliability, they are also used in medical and hospital devices. With the powerful alkaline power cells, the batteries offer a 7-year shelf life. They come with a corrosion resistance structure. The best part is, Duracell offers a guarantee on these batteries against defect in materials. You will get 12 batteries in this pack.
7. EBL 9-volt rechargeable batteries
EBL 9V Rechargeable Batteries ( Li-ion Batteries (4-Packs))
- batteries: 4 counts rechargeable 9v batteries, li-ion 6f22 9 volt battery.
- no memory effect,improved low self discharge makes it still maintain 80% of capacity after 3 year of non-use
- 1200 tech, procyco (professional recycle) helps maximize its best power performance while charging.
- convenient operation without memory effect, can be charged anytime
- works with a variety of devices including smoke alarms, digital cameras, game controllers, toys, clocks, professional audio, and medical devices
These 9V lithium cells made low self-discharge batteries are one of the best 9-volt rechargeable batteries available in the market. You will get fully pre-charged batteries, and you can charge them up to 1200 times. With no memory effect and enhanced low self-discharge feature, the batteries can maintain around 75 percent of capacity even if you are not using it for three years. They utilize a gel-type electrolyte. That means with just 550mAh capacity; they can offer 20 percent more power than other lithium batteries. They have overcharge, temperature, short-circuit, output over-voltage, and output overcurrent protection features.
8. PKCELL 9V Maximum Power Dry Battery
PKCELL 9V Battery Carbon ( 10-Year Shelf Life，Ultra Long-Lasting)
- 🐬powerful energy- pkcell 9v 6f22 batteries with ultra long-lasting power,and a long service life also means the battery should be changed at a lower frequency than smaller cells, making them ideal battery.
- 🐛reliable quality-it is an affordable, reliable, dedicated low-power solution to provide sufficient energy to your application. ideally used in circuits with low power consumption so that it can work for longer durations.
- 🐌safe to usage—this batteries are made with advanced technology, does not contain chromium, lead, or mercury chemicals, and is double-sealed for safety and leakage.
- 🐥multiple applications-suitable for smoke alarms, smoke detectors, walkie-talkies, transistor radios, test and instrumentation devices, medical batteries, lcd displays, and other small portable appliances.in proper storage, these batteries can hold power for up to 3 years.
- 📞after-sales service-if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. we are committed to providing the highest quality products and outstanding customer service.
If you are looking for a long-lasting 9 volt battery that can be used to power up your garage door keypad, this is a great option. It is a leak-proof battery that is made of high quality material. It has an ultra long shelf life of 3 years and has a great replacement value. The battery also comes with 10 pieces which makes it an affordable purchase. The batteries have a voltage rating of 9 volts. They are dry cell batteries which means they don’t have any liquid or acid inside them. This makes them safe to use in the devices that need to be kept away from any kind of liquid. You can use these batteries to replace the old ones in your garage door keypad and keep using it for a longer period of time.
9. ACDelco alkaline 9-volt batteries
ACDelco 12Count 9 Volt ( Shelf Life, Recloseable Packaging)
- 12 9v batteries: 4-pack of size 9v alkaline batteries super alkaline bulk batteries with 1.5 volts of long lasting power
- home and office: acdelco 9 volt batteries deliver optimal power you can depend on for your smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and clocks
- long lasting: acdelco super alkaline batteries deliver long lasting maximum power that is consistent and reliable
- 7-year shelf life: all acdelco alkaline batteries are built to last with an impressive seven-year shelf life
These alkaline batteries are affordable, yet offer great power to your device. This pack has 12 9-volt batteries and a good value for money. In fact, you will pay over a dollar for each battery. Sounds good, right? However, you can’t recharge the batteries. But don’t think that you they will not last for a longer time. While in storage, they can last up to 8 years. Besides, the batteries offer consistent power, so you won’t face many issues while opening your garage door keypad. With a low shelf-life, they can hold their power for years. The batteries come with a leak-proof structure. As they don’t have cadmium or mercury, they are safe for home use.
10. Rayovac fusion 9V batteries
Rayovac 9V Batteries Fusion ( Battery Alkaline, 2 Count)
- premium alkaline 9v batteries, 2 pack of rayovac fusion batteries
- no 9v alkaline battery lasts longer on ansi average performance tests
- excels in high-powered 9v battery devices – high-tech toys, smoke detectors, wireless microphones & more
- designed to prevent damaging battery leaks & tested twice prior to shipment
- rayovac fusion 9v batteries hold power up to 5 years in storage
Are you in search of something more under your budget? How about two 9-volt batteries under seven bucks? These Rayovac fusion premium 9-volt alkaline batteries are developed to keep your garage door keypads and other battery-run equipment to keep running for a longer time. While offering the required amount of power, they will save your money. You can use them with high-powered devices. The batteries come with damage proof or leak-proof structure. The Rayovac Fusion 9-volt batteries can hold their power up to 5 years while in storage. As per the ANSI testing report, Rayovac brand batteries can perform comparatively better than other well-known 9-volt battery brands. So, you can trust these batteries to get reliable performance.
How do I Find the Right Battery for my Keypad?
There are a few things you can do in order to find the right battery for your keypad. The first is to look at the type of keypad and see if it has an AC or DC adapter. If it does, you can buy one and use it with your standard outlet. Most garage door opener keypads use a 9-volt battery.
Are all 9 Volt Batteries the Same?
No, there are different types of 9 volt batteries. Here’s a list of the most common 9 volt batteries:
Which Brand of 9V Battery Lasts the Longest?
There are many different brands of 9V batteries, and it can be difficult to know which one will work best for your keypad. That being said, popular brands like Duracell, Energizer and even AmazonBasics are pretty reliable. To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular 9V battery brands. (Scroll up to see our list).
Do all Garage Keypads have Batteries?
No, not all garage keypads have batteries. However, if your keypad does not have a battery, you will need to find a way to power it. There are many ways to power garage door keypads; some people use 9-volt batteries, while others might be hardwired.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, never do that. Don’t mix heavy-duty, alkaline, and rechargeable batteries in your garage door lock, and it can lead to battery leakage and damage your device.
Don’t put them in your pocket and store them in a dry and cool place, avoiding extreme temperatures. Prefer to keep them in their original package until you are ready to use the batteries.
Yes, they will expire after a certain period. You can find the BIUB-Best if Used By date of each battery by looking at the uppermost section of the cells.
Yes, you can use it with all the supported devices. Make sure that the device support 9-volt batteries.
Well, here you can go for both Li-ion and NiMH batteries as they are non-toxic and best for home use. Such batteries can last for a longer time.
As now you have the list of best 9-volt batteries, you can now go on and buy the right one based on your budget. Well, even though the initial cost may look lower with a disposal battery, but with a rechargeable battery, you can save money in the long run. But all these 9-volt batteries are high in capacity and offer a lower self-discharge rate. These best 9-volt batteries for garage door keypad will keep your garage door keypad running for a long time and can last up to 1000 recharges.
- 10 Best Floor Mats for Garage Gym - October 23, 2020
- 10 Best Fire Extinguishers for Car Garage - October 23, 2020
- 10 Best Electric Heater for an Uninsulated Garage - October 20, 2020